[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: [POLL] Should we buy back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by Leyton Gooner »

goonersid wrote: Anyone saying we don’t need him (not referring to you db) is talking absolute bollocks. Cesc would be the best midfielder playing in the premier league if he returns next season and I would gladly let Carzola, Wilshite, Rosicky and Flamoney fuck off in order to “accommodate him” rather than let him go to another premier league side.
This :twisted:

My gut feeling is that the tight fisted Wenker just doesn't want to spend the money

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sell santi and arteta,buy cesc ,problem solved :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Who cares where he goes? He's another lightweight midfielder who understandably left for better things. The talent is obvious but he's just another snakey fucker.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

let's get Fabregas.

Forget a CM that can actually hold the f**king ball and break up attacks, lets play 4-0-6 shall we. Who needs a holding midfielder.

In my post I wrote that I don't want him if it neglects what we NEED. But hey it's summer time we are all FM's so let's just get him back and not bother with other parts of the team because Cesc will cover for Gk,Cm,RB f**k it he'll even do a job when Kos/Per are injured because he is superman.

We've got Cesc Fargeas, who needs that Keeper's a**e, Stick your FB's up your ar*e, We've got Cesc Fabregas :barscarf: :barscarf: :oops: :wink:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

You are missing the point, it doesnt matter who you think we need, it matters who he thinks we need.

Last year every man and his dog could see we needed a striker, we got Ozil.

We have needed a keeper, centre back and holding midfielder for years, it has never been addressed.

There is no stratergy to his transfer plans and passing up on signing Fabregas wont mean those areas will get addressed.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

I get the point clearly. Just got accused of talking balls because I said we don't need him.

We all know it's down to AW but forums are virtual pubs where we delude ourselves that our opinions count for anything. Left to his own devices we'll get Cesc,ferdinand and Ammonia back. :oops:

Jonny_Gooner

Post by Jonny_Gooner »

Yes there are other areas that we need to strengthen, but there's no way of knowing that just because we buy back Cesc will mean that we dont also get a striker, a right back etc. Not to mention that having a more 'defensive' minded midfielder doesn't count for much if the manager doesn't know sh*t about defensive minded tactics.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

He's going to Chelsea!!!! :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead: It might be too late for this poll!!

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

valdemordor wrote:He's going to Chelsea!!!! :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead: It might be too late for this poll!!
Any source with actual quotes or just social media premature ejacuating as usual.

If you want to see what a load of balls all this speculation and twitter nonsense is,check out Rafael hernandez twitter. Go back about 3 days. This is the guy who got the Cesc to Shitty rumour going. Then when Tancred Palmers started the Chelsea one,he backed down.

Who's next Page,Bayern.... :oops: :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

"If I ever wear a Chelsea shirt, you have the permission to kill me."
(Fabregas in 2010) @cesc4official
6:32pm - 3 Jun 14

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

It dont look like he has many options to be fair, there is something quite ironic about the whole thing, when he wanted to leave he made it clear he would only leave for one club and pretty much killed an auction now hardly anyone wants him so (it seems) so it looks like he might have to take what he can.

The a certain sort of karma about it, as much as I would like to see him back I do find it quite good that hes fucked and pushed into a corner.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Has the guy actually performed so poorly at Barcelona that he deserves to be cast aside?

Jonny_Gooner

Post by Jonny_Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Has the guy actually performed so poorly at Barcelona that he deserves to be cast aside?
They are nuts! From what I've seen of his stats he's done brilliantly considering he seems to not be fully trusted. But to let him go when Xavi and Iniesta are pushing on seems bizarre. The whole booing crap from their fans is simply pathetic.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jonny_Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Has the guy actually performed so poorly at Barcelona that he deserves to be cast aside?
They are nuts! From what I've seen of his stats he's done brilliantly considering he seems to not be fully trusted. But to let him go when Xavi and Iniesta are pushing on seems bizarre. The whole booing crap from their fans is simply pathetic.
BarcaWhore fans are the Manure fans of Spain; 75% - 90% plastics. :evil:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Santi has a word to say about this. Unfortunately he decides fuck all what happens and when in the club... Come on now Wenker, shovel out some of that money that you've been hoarding all these years, crack just a bit your deep pockets and bring Cesc back home... :barscarf:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-him.html