Puma to make our kits

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Puma to make our kits

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
LDB wrote:
StuartL wrote:
LDB wrote:I quite like them :shock:

Everyone's a Gok Wan around here :shock: :wink:
Is that an anagram ?? :D

My mate wore the new shirt to the cup final, got asked quite a few times how he got hold of it etc.
Yeah, the K is in the wrong place :D

In other news, exclusive picture of SteveO revealed!

Shit that new super virus has already nicked all my personal photos

Do you think that shade of blue suits me?

:D :D :D
No, it makes your bum look big (too many burgers I think)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

StuartL wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
LDB wrote:
StuartL wrote:
LDB wrote:I quite like them :shock:

Everyone's a Gok Wan around here :shock: :wink:
Is that an anagram ?? :D

My mate wore the new shirt to the cup final, got asked quite a few times how he got hold of it etc.
Yeah, the K is in the wrong place :D

In other news, exclusive picture of SteveO revealed!

Shit that new super virus has already nicked all my personal photos

Do you think that shade of blue suits me?

:D :D :D
No, it makes your bum look big (too many burgers I think)
That's what happens when Our Lord and Master signs up for 3 more glorious years

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:In an ideal world I would be able to purchase one of the "bruised banana" shirts in long sleeves (although short sleeves would be good too) but sadly that piece of fashion beauty seems consigned to history :(

The last few days I have started looking for the old adidas red shirt with the red stripes going down the white sleeves but cant seem to source one at all :o Plenty of the only stores do the shirt with the navy stripes down the sleeves but none seem to do the one I want.

thats the one with AFC in blue script on it right ?

and the Green band on the Crest (to honour our Oirish lads contributions) ?

I got one of those too - its our 1990 & 1991 kit - I still have a pic of Anders Limpar in it.

the red stripe one i've never seen sold anywhere. sorry.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

is this so called 3rd shirt a total piss take or what???? If anything, I hope it is. :x

As someone who has championed the arrival of the Puma brand I hope I never see the Arsenal wear shit like this, it is vile beyond belief :roll:

I would go as far as to say I hope none of the images contained within this thread are the finished article.

augie

Post by augie »

green gooner wrote:is this so called 3rd shirt a total piss take or what???? If anything, I hope it is. :x

As someone who has championed the arrival of the Puma brand I hope I never see the Arsenal wear shit like this, it is vile beyond belief :roll:

I would go as far as to say I hope none of the images contained within this thread are the finished article.

I would guess that the likelyhood is that it is a polo shirt from their leisure range more than it is an actually jersey.
That being said, I actually prefer it to the other two shirts shown on the previous page - those two look really scruffy and remind me of the o2 wants from a few years back and they look cheap and tatty

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When are going to recall the glorious green and blue vintage of 1983 ?

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

SteveO 35 wrote:When are going to recall the glorious green and blue vintage of 1983 ?
I'm afraid that ship has sailed: we were originally supposed to recall that colour back in 09' - sadly, it never saw the light of day. Here's a pic - IDK why they scrapped it.

Such a shame.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:When are going to recall the glorious green and blue vintage of 1983 ?
I'm afraid that ship has sailed: we were originally supposed to recall that colour back in 09' - sadly, it never saw the light of day. Here's a pic - IDK why they scrapped it.

Such a shame.
From what I heard , the kit got leaked and they changed it so that fakes couldn't crop up before the actual release date or it never was the shirt and it was a deliberate 'leak' to stop the Far Eastern sweat shop forgers from churning out the real one .

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Such a shame.
Actually bought that shirt for €5 I think in a market in Dublin a few years ago...complete with Nike tag on it

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Actually bought that shirt for €5 I think in a market in Dublin a few years ago...complete with Nike tag on it
Top man. Fantastic bargain on an extremely rare item.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Bradywasking wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Such a shame.

I actually bought that shirt off a man named Steve, through a friend who gave me the option of having DIABY on the back :rubchin: :rubchin: I wonder :rubchin: :rubchin:

I didn't take the option I took the Van Pussy option and that jersey wont be worn again.

spike241

Post by spike241 »

augie wrote: The last few days I have started looking for the old adidas red shirt with the red stripes going down the white sleeves but cant seem to source one at all :o
86-88 or 88-90?
What size are you after?

That blue and green from a few years ago is fake, with or without tag, unfortunately.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1007683354 ... 6669716114

They crop up almost every year, like the 125 shirts with the gold crest.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Peeman wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Such a shame.

I actually bought that shirt off a man named Steve, through a friend who gave me the option of having DIABY on the back :rubchin: :rubchin: I wonder :rubchin: :rubchin:

I didn't take the option I took the Van Pussy option and that jersey wont be worn again.
The vintage green and blue.....with the Great Abou's name on the back???? Track that man down ! I'm off to empty my savings account.....

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

would like to see something similar to the 83-86 yellow stripe beauty

:barscarf:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

True, the 83 - 86 Argentina style was something of a forgotten classic. 8)