Media getting back to hating us (BT Sport Ad)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Media getting back to hating us (BT Sport Ad)

Post by mcdowell42 »

Just watched their new ad and in this 1 they actually show us scoring against palace,man city and chesny saving a shot from van Persie,maybe they knew about the shit they were taking.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Jon wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:I think the stick for Chambo is a bit uncalled for.

Yes, it was one of our darkest hours but we need our players laugh this off as I'd fucking hate it to loom over our players' heads and further increase our inferiority complex.

BT are BT. Always screwing us over.

Chambo? Jesus wept.
Better than Oxo mate- Bovril beats them hands down 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yes, it was one of our darkest hours but we need our players laugh this off as I'd fucking hate it to loom over our players' heads and further increase our inferiority complex.

I'm glad he can laugh about it now. I distinctly remember sitting in my flat watching that game and I do not find one tiny aspect of the hammering remotely humorous.

That said it's more important we stop shitting our pants and looking like rabbits in the headlights at big games, going and getting results in these games this season is the best way to atone.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Are you insinuating that Chamberlain being featured in the advert was necessary as it's some sort of psychological healing process to help him get over that traumatic match?

It's not going to loom over our players' heads - and even if it did, being in a "funny" advert pertaining to said match does fu*k all for Chamberlain or anyone else - he just looks like a clown.

augie

Post by augie »

You cannot be serious - it is one thing to have "outsiders" taking the piss but when one of your own players is treating it as a joke then it is nothing short of a disgrace :evil: Contray to your opinion I would want this defeat looming over their heads - thousands of Gooners paid money to watch that shite and had to listen to chav b*stards take the piss out of them all day long and, despite what you and the ox think, it is a big deal and especially to the fans. I would want that hammering (and all the other hammerings) in the front of their mind next season and I would want to see a steely determination to ensure that it won't happen again - treating it as a joke/a big laugh is not what I want to see :roll: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think the Ox's participation (if it's not a clever and sneaky bastard edit) is very indicitive of the modern Wenger softly softly approach to man management. How many times have we seen our players laughing and joking with oppo players on the pitch just after the final whistle has gone and we've just received a proper fucking? How can Ox think it's acceptable to find humour in one of our most humiliating defeats? :roll: :|

Our players have no grit, no real heart or spirit. They are "nice" lads. There's no real steel there and certainly very little evidence of Arsene's oft quoted "mental strength".

One question; Can anyone honestly see George Graham accepting this type of shite? :rubchin:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Are you actually insinuating we'd be better off with George Graham jesus wept :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Riotof91 wrote:Are you actually insinuating we'd be better off with George Graham jesus wept :lol:
Don't be a fucking retard. :roll: George's day is long gone. As is Wenger's.

The point is that these young modern footballers are not being man managed correctly at Arsenal. How can any man walk off a pitch laughing and joking with the people that just bitch-slapped him and publicly humiliated him? You do the right thing; you shake their hand and you get the fuck off that pitch pronto.

GG instilled pride in the shirt in his players. GG wasn't perfect, wasn't a saint and had his own limitations as a manager but the one basic thing he got very right was instilling pride and self respect in his players. Can you imagine TA6 or Paul Davis or Uncle Bouldy laughing and joking with the oppo after a 6-0 or an 8-2 mauling?

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Riotof91 wrote:Are you actually insinuating we'd be better off with George Graham jesus wept :lol:
Don't be a fucking retard. :roll: George's day is long gone. As is Wenger's.

The point is that these young modern footballers are not being man managed correctly at Arsenal. How can any man walk off a pitch laughing and joking with the people that just bitch-slapped him and publicly humiliated him? You do the right thing; you shake their hand and you get the fuck off that pitch pronto.

GG instilled pride in the shirt in his players. GG wasn't perfect, wasn't a saint and had his own limitations as a manager but the one basic thing he got very right was instilling pride and self respect in his players. Can you imagine TA6 or Paul Davis or Uncle Bouldy laughing and joking with the oppo after a 6-0 or an 8-2 mauling?

That's a fact - when le cock's teams played wonderful (and winning) football it masked his allowing the decline of real club pride/spirit, but now all we have is a sidewards passing tippy tappy team of pussies who have no real appreciation of what it means to play for The Arsenal :evil: If players want to play for plastic clubs with no heart or history then they should go play with the chavs, citeeh or some of those teams but we are a club that has stood proud during many decades of ups and downs and wenker has watched that erode away :cry:
GG was and always will be a fcuking hero in my eyes - yes he has had his day but he ensured that every player knew the importance of playing for our club and he never tolerated a losers attitude

armchair

Post by armchair »

I can honestly say I have manlove for George Graham and always will. (I am blanking out that he went to Spurs)
Cant say the same about Wenger even though weve shared some fantastic times.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

armchair wrote:I can honestly say I have manlove for George Graham and always will. (I am blanking out that he went to Spurs)
Cant say the same about Wenger even though weve shared some fantastic times.
Don't forget GG has Chavs and Manure in his cv too but you're right; we can overlook these character flaws because we know where his heart is!

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Are you insinuating that Chamberlain being featured in the advert was necessary as it's some sort of psychological healing process to help him get over that traumatic match?

It's not going to loom over our players' heads - and even if it did, being in a "funny" advert pertaining to said match does fu*k all for Chamberlain or anyone else - he just looks like a clown.

Of course I wasn't insinuating he HAD to be in the damn advert but his agent probably rang him up and thought it'd be a way of desensitizing a blemish in our rich recent footballing history.

Now, are you insinuating we don't have an inferiority complex?? :lol: :lol:

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

augie wrote:

You cannot be serious - it is one thing to have "outsiders" taking the piss but when one of your own players is treating it as a joke then it is nothing short of a disgrace :evil: Contray to your opinion I would want this defeat looming over their heads - thousands of Gooners paid money to watch that shite and had to listen to chav b*stards take the piss out of them all day long and, despite what you and the ox think, it is a big deal and especially to the fans. I would want that hammering (and all the other hammerings) in the front of their mind next season and I would want to see a steely determination to ensure that it won't happen again - treating it as a joke/a big laugh is not what I want to see :roll: :evil:

We all know these players have an inferiority complex so now you want to elevate this to the next level by having this monstrous looming over their heads. Man, I know you love to be controversial Augie by being so anti-Arsenal at times but like I told va va voom it's probably an attempt, and a poor one at that, to desensitize that heavy defeat.

You know what FUCK THIS

WE'RE HAVING THE BEST SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW IN NEARLY OVER A DECADE, JUST WON THE FA CUP IN NEARLY OVER A DECADE OF BARREN SEASONS AND HAVE NOW GOT THREE WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS AND THE MEDIA ARE STILL DIVIDING US

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Of course I wasn't insinuating he HAD to be in the damn advert but his agent probably rang him up and thought it'd be a way of desensitizing a blemish in our rich recent footballing history.

Bloody pesky agents, always putting the needs of the club above their own interests :roll:

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

northbank123 wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Bloody pesky agents, always putting the needs of the club above their own interests :roll:
:lol: :lol: I should have proof read it but what I meant was that his stock obviously decreased after his horror show at the bridge and there's no better way mocking yourself in public to show that your talent can match your bravado.

Chambo probably thought he'd be desensitizing that Arsenal performance as that what some people do in times of crisis, right? Laugh when they've got no hope...