Jack Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: Jack Wilshere: Over-Rated?

Post by SydneyGooner »

He's an overrated Chav wanker that should be used as a squad player.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Jack is a great player, looking forward to watching him next season.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

afcforever wrote:Jack is a great player, looking forward to watching him next season.
:?

"Great"?... Really?

We must have different standards because nothing I've seen from him constitutes greatness. He's a squad player atm - nothing more.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
afcforever wrote:Jack is a great player, looking forward to watching him next season.

"Great"?... Really?

We must have different standards because nothing I've seen from him constitutes greatness. He's a squad player atm - nothing more.
We all have different opinions, people were slagging Ramsey off last year :roll:

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

SydneyGooner wrote:He's an overrated Chav wanker that should be used as a squad player.
Why be a ponce and call him a chav?

If you don't like him personally just state so but no need to take the piss of the boy's working class family

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

afcforever wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

"Great"?... Really?

We all have different opinions, people were slagging Ramsey off last year :roll:
Thank you.

I find it extraordinary that after Ramsey's revival we still have the cheek to condemn Wilshere to forever being shit when he's performed on more occasions than Rambo before his injury.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

"Great"?... Really?

Thank you.

I find it extraordinary that after Ramsey's revival we still have the cheek to condemn Wilshere to forever being shit when he's performed on more occasions than Rambo before his injury.
Difference between them is Ramsey kept his head down, didn't say much and worked his arse off to become the player few thought he could be. While Jack seems content to smoke at any given opportunity, bitch and moan on the ground every time he gets tackled and just doesn't seem to be progressing as a player. The difference in attitude between the two is miles apart.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

MrT wrote:
Ultimatum94 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

"Great"?... Really?

Thank you.

Difference between them is Ramsey kept his head down, didn't say much and worked his arse off to become the player few thought he could be. While Jack seems content to smoke at any given opportunity, bitch and moan on the ground every time he gets tackled and just doesn't seem to be progressing as a player. The difference in attitude between the two is miles apart.
You forgot to mention jack returned to training 3 days early.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Wow, Arsenal fans are *word censored*, can't believe the way some of you are going on about our most talented homegrown (real homegrown) player.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:He's an overrated Chav wanker that should be used as a squad player.
Why be a ponce and call him a chav?

If you don't like him personally just state so but no need to take the piss of the boy's working class family
I know this is so far removed from the real argument (about football) but it's not necessarily a stab at his parents' socio-economic status. I personally equate chav with Billy Big Bollocks scumbag, and know a few people from good backgrounds that would fall into this and plenty from not great backgrounds who wouldn't.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Ultimatum94 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

"Great"?... Really?

Thank you.

I didn't say he was sh*t.

I said he isn't great, which is true: Yaya Toure, Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Xavi, etc. are great, Jack is nowhere near that level.

I also said he's a squad player atm, this is also true.

P.S.

Ramsey is miles better than Jack.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I'm happy for him to have one more season to try to prove himself fom the bench/domestic Cup games. but reports of Wenger choosing him as a starter sounds like insanity. Tbh I don't think he's good enough to ever be a starter. He's decent at everything a midfielder/attacking midfielder might do - decent dribbler, passer, shot, a bit creative, hard worker . . . but doesn't seem to excel at anything either. I'd far rather play Diaby in the middle than him if it came to it, whereas playing him out wide is a waste given how many pacy options we have for the wings.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The problem with so many English youngsters is attitude. They get rich and famous too quickly. Jacks comments at the world cup about 'not being able to motivate myself' for the Costa Rica game were disgraceful and tell you everything you need to know about him. He has exceptional talent, but he'll end up being Mr Average because of a poor attitude.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I agree, but feel this IS his season - He either man's up to his responsibilities stepping up to the plate or crashes & burns...I hope it is the former, because IF he can re-capture the excellence he has shown in the past - then we all benefit.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

If I said that i'd be accused of being a wum. Jack is a good player but certainly not great.