The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Gunner Rob »

great deal - £15M for an injury prone crock

we also have finally managed not to sell a player to one of our rivals
it also means that Smalling is not coming to us
it pisses United off :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Man Ure pull out of Vermaelen deal because they will not consider a swap deal...Source SSN... wonder who Arsenal wanted ??
Apparently Smalling. If the stories about a swap deal were true it would make sense.
Smalling is awful. England's answer to Djourou.
Smalling would do nothing to improve Arsenal, better than Jones but so is Djourou. Here's a theory, maybe Arsene did not want Smalling at all, but wanted to put United out of the picture so demanded a swap as part of the deal.
Personally wouldn't put Smalling in the company of those two donkeys. I actually think he's got the potential to be a decent player, although he seems forever injured.

That said, if Vermaelen goes we are looking at first-line CB cover and - like Chambers - whatever you think of his potentially ability Smalling wouldn't be ready to provide viable cover if one of our CBs picked up a medium-to-long term injury.

David Ornstein from BBC now suggesting £15m deal to Barcelona. Tbh if he is going that is the best deal we could possibly hope for.

azz91afc

Post by azz91afc »

More than happy with the Vermaelen news. It was obvious he was going to go with the lack of playing time he was getting, but getting £15million + selling him to a club overseas is a great deal...as long as he's replaced

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Man Ure pull out of Vermaelen deal because they will not consider a swap deal...Source SSN... wonder who Arsenal wanted ??
Apparently Smalling. If the stories about a swap deal were true it would make sense.
Smalling is awful. England's answer to Djourou.
Smalling would do nothing to improve Arsenal, better than Jones but so is Djourou. Here's a theory, maybe Arsene did not want Smalling at all, but wanted to put United out of the picture so demanded a swap as part of the deal.
Topgoon agrees with Bradywasking.

Arsene to Pug dog face: "you want Tommy V,then give me that sh*te a*se Smalling "

Pug dog face:" No can doosh Arshene we needsh more defendersh not less. That doesn't work for us".

Arsene: "After Tweety Pie,frankly Pug dog face I can couldn't give two flying f**k's what works for you. While I'm at it what the f**k is with your face,did the midwife smack the wrong end too hard on when you were born? "

15m for Tommy V is excellent business. This as well as Song means Barcawhores really don't have a f**king clue.
I can just here Ivan and Syrupy Stan saying Thank you come again please. :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Barcleona seem to have gone downhill ever since we started selling them our players :lol: :lol:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

azz91afc wrote:More than happy with the Vermaelen news. It was obvious he was going to go with the lack of playing time he was getting, but getting £15million + selling him to a club overseas is a great deal...as long as he's replaced
Absolutely fucking perfect deal I say! :barscarf:

Now get proper replacement for TV5 and that holding DM and we are ready to rock!

Post by 1989 »

£15m?!!?! MUGGED.

Cheers Farca.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Barcelona will buy anyone in an arsenal shirt it seems.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Barcelona will buy anyone in an arsenal shirt it seems.
True. Just wondering how much they have bid for Gunnerosaurus...

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Good luck to him, never had a problem with Vermalen but he never became the 'Vidic' type we thought he might be at the start. Never kicked up a fuss whilst out also. Good luck to him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Barcelona will buy anyone in an arsenal shirt it seems.
True. Just wondering how much they have bid for Gunnerosaurus...

He turn them down as the wages were too high! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently vermaelen went on hols with judascrunt - obviously that sneaky meltface crunt managing manure - was trying to 'influence' his decision....Glad to see Arsene saw through it and made the player swap a part of the deal :barscarf:

However, with vermaelen now gone - we ar 2 injuries away from having no proper defence - and we ALL know that we WILL suffer a bout of injuries at some point in the seasonm - in all areas of the team - so AW MUST sign a CB of Experience & Quality.

I am still hoping (yes, I know why the feck do i bother!? :roll: ) we will sign carvalho and a decent CB - Then we can seriously hope for a realistic title challenge.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

OneBardGooner wrote:Apparently vermaelen went on hols with judascrunt - obviously that sneaky meltface crunt managing manure - was trying to 'influence' his decision....Glad to see Arsene saw through it and made the player swap a part of the deal :barscarf:

However, with vermaelen now gone - we ar 2 injuries away from having no proper defence - and we ALL know that we WILL suffer a bout of injuries at some point in the seasonm - in all areas of the team - so AW MUST sign a CB of Experience & Quality.

I am still hoping (yes, I know why the feck do i bother!? :roll: ) we will sign carvalho and a decent CB - Then we can seriously hope for a realistic title challenge.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Agree. The transfer window has been very encouraging this far and hopefully we go until the end and strengthen all areas needed. If not the feeling is the same like having a good fun with sweetest pussy in the world and then you just have to stop and go home.

augie

Post by augie »

rigsby wrote:Good luck to him, never had a problem with Vermalen but he never became the 'Vidic' type we thought he might be at the start. Never kicked up a fuss whilst out also. Good luck to him.

Absolutely agree with this ^

For a man of his international experience to sit quietly on the bench for as long as he did in a world cup year, deserves huge respect imo - I know some will argue that he was being well paid to do so but I don't believe that he is the type to prioritise wages over his career and if money was all important then he would have stayed with us for another season and walked away on a bosman

My huge, huge concern was the confirmation that we were seeking manure player(s) in the deal - I think that we need to be realistic about the status of any centre back we buy (no top quality player will join us to be back up) so in that regard smalling fits the bill, but I cant shake the nagging feeling that le cock rates cleverly and wanted him in the deal :oops: I believe that he is utter, utter dogshite but for some reason people in the game seem to rate him :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

september 1st........I want you, I want you so bad :barscarf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2csCHA4sSM