Besiktas (H)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Besitkas (H)

Post by clockender1 »

Swifty wrote:Happy to play 442 at home with Alexis and Campbell up front.
yes, this will be the irony - rather like playing the OX and Gnabry in the FA Cup last year with Pod, our '2nd string' will likely have more pace and movement and width than wongas first team.

i'd like us to get knocked out too. i'd rather see us compete week in week out in the league, rather than keep self immolating every time there's a CL tie.

Wenger has one of the greatest teams ever in Europe from 1998 to 2006 and he didn't win a thing with it. there is zero chance he will ever win it - tactically he's too inflexible during a game. so why bother ?

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Will there be a massive sh1t storm if Besiktas knock us out or is everyone a bit meh about us being champions league fodder at this stage?
I know I'll get a load of shit for saying it, but I actively want us to not qualify. It will take away another shit argument from the AKBs. "50th continuous season in the CL group stage." Wenger himself will be mortified and perhaps a tiny seed will be sown...

Now where's that straw for me to grasp? :lol:

You are not alone in that chippy - I would much rather be genuine challengers for the league, than staying in a competition that we have no hope of winning and are only interested in the cash windfall :roll: :evil:

One word of warning with that though.....if we get knocked into the thurs night cup, will the bonus of a champs league place for the winners mean that le cock will sacrifice domestic league and cup games for this too ? :cry:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Chippy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Will there be a massive sh1t storm if Besiktas knock us out or is everyone a bit meh about us being champions league fodder at this stage?
I know I'll get a load of shit for saying it, but I actively want us to not qualify. It will take away another shit argument from the AKBs. "50th continuous season in the CL group stage." Wenger himself will be mortified and perhaps a tiny seed will be sown...

Now where's that straw for me to grasp? :lol:
I think you might get your wish, the reality is in the 1st leg, had Ba shown any sort of composure, he would have scored twice, and a score draw will do it for them, have a feeling it might finish 1-1.

BENAYOUN

Post by BENAYOUN »

I dont think that arsen, us or the owners want to lose the money prizes of taking part in CL..
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

ES says Girouds scans inconclusive - deffo out tomorrow night, and more scans tomorrow.

wonga is "not thinking about the transfer market, only about tomorrows game".

maybe somone can point out to him, that is one benefit of having a Director of Football handling transfers ?

then wonga can concentrate on perfecting the tika tka and 451 in preparation for opponents who are totally expecting both.

:rubchin:

SteveO 35

Re: Besiktas (H)

Post by SteveO 35 »

Besiktas are absolutely shite and only in the competition because of Fenerbahce's wrongdoing....so with or without the lamppost we should be able to take care of them.

A 3-0 stroll in the park with hopefully the first chorus of There's Only One ringing around the bowl this season

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

Regardless of who is available and who is out, the fact is if we cannot beat Besiktas at home we do not deserve to be in the champions league.

Those of you saying you hope we get knocked out tomorrow upset me. Sure we might not win the competition, but I always want us to be competing with the best. I also think fans should always support the team and want them to win regardless of what I think of the current management (im not even going to get into that and get shot down by everyone on here)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Turks to go through on away goals!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

TeeCee wrote:Turks to go through on away goals!

That's my feeling too.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The away leg was the first game we didn't win in qualifying round of Champions League, so by extension tomorrow night is the first game we have to actually win in qualifying rounds. That is dangerous in itself. Yes we should win comfortably and all that but I would worry.
I understand feelings on this competition from posters on here , we are not going to win it and it is a financial cash cow, yet I would want us to progress certainly as the alternative is the dreary Europa league.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

For all those saying they want us to be knocked out as it will boost our PL chances, you do realize we'll go straight into the Europa League and will have to play on Thursday's - which means we'll have even less recovery time for league games?

Your logic is completely flawed.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:For all those saying they want us to be knocked out as it will boost our PL chances, you do realize we'll go straight into the Europa League and will have to play on Thursday's - which means we'll have even less recovery time for league games?

Logic on here :rubchin:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

mcdowell42 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:For all those saying they want us to be knocked out as it will boost our PL chances, you do realize we'll go straight into the Europa League and will have to play on Thursday's - which means we'll have even less recovery time for league games?

Logic on here :rubchin:
:roll:

We wouldn't have less recovery time after every match.

And if we sent out weakened sides, maybe that's the point some are trying to make? I don't think it'd make any difference but that's mainly about Wenger.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I imagine that ST holders would be pretty pissed off if they ended up paying huge sums up front to watch our ressies roll over the likes of Lokomotiv Smirnoff, Racing Club de Shite and FC Civil War.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

northbank123 wrote:I imagine that ST holders would be pretty pissed off if they ended up paying huge sums up front to watch our ressies roll over the likes of Lokomotiv Smirnoff, Racing Club de Shite and FC Civil War.
FC Civil War were banned from all european competitions following a racism scandal in the first leg against FK Disputed Territory.