Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Re: Alexis Sánchez is a Gooner

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

To be fair to me augie, at least I remembered the band had some kind of vegetable in it's name - which, for someone who is both old (ish) and permanently stoned, is quite an achievement!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

WE8SPURS

Post by WE8SPURS »

Mike1 wrote:Has anyone got any ideas for chants for Sanchez yet? I can't find any of this thread. Would like to include one or two in the first issue of the season.
Alexis whoao
Alexis whoao
He came from Barca whores
And when he shoots he scores

I'll get my coat :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Alexis Sanchez in "4-5-1 doesn't fucking suit me either" shock! :shock:

:roll: :x

BENAYOUN

Post by BENAYOUN »

DB10GOONER wrote:Alexis Sanchez in "4-5-1 doesn't fucking suit me either" shock! :shock:

well, he was quite good at 4-5-1/4-3-3 at barcelona.. give him some time and we'll see him scores alot. any way he also can replace the striker when we are out of any other option. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BENAYOUN wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Alexis Sanchez in "4-5-1 doesn't fucking suit me either" shock! :shock:

well, he was quite good at 4-5-1/4-3-3 at barcelona.. give him some time and we'll see him scores alot. any way he also can replace the striker when we are out of any other option. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I've no doubt Sanchez is quality. My point though is he'll probably struggle in our version of 4-5-1. But also I think he (like 90% of strikers) would do better in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or even 4-3-3 where he has another striker to play off, rather than being isolated up front the way he was on Saturday. :|

Post by 1989 »

What a performance.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He'll be in "the red zone physically" after that......Postman Yaya set to star at Leicester !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really was brilliant tonight, Demba Ba's missed header aside they barely looked like causing a problem after we went down to 10, mostly because every time we cleared the ball Sanchez was there winning it, holding it up and winning free-kicks. I think he is lacking a bit of sharpness with his touch in tight areas and also doesn't look hugely comfortable with some aspects of the lone striker role but very impressive in other areas. Still don't think that he will make a lone striker but he is a very very good player.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I think he could have become a striker, but with our midfield, with now physical presence its very difficult.

We're so used to playing it to Giroud and firing runners off, and building from there.

What we did see today is that on the counter when there is space, if Sanchez is disciplined and stays central, the pass is always on, then it's up to him to beat the keeper.

Even so he needs to work on his goal instincts, he loves a dribble but near the 6 yard box, make the space and SHOOOOT!

Post by 1989 »

augie

Post by augie »

Delighted for the guy but it has to be said that the keeper was poor on the goal :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Delighted for the guy but it has to be said that the keeper was poor on the goal :barscarf:
I don't know, augie. I've seen goalkeeping coaches over the years telling us outfield players that keepers hate that shot the most; low down beside them, within a yard of them - it confuses most of them! :lol: The best keepers can deal with it by quickly getting a foot out to it, but most keepers instinctively try to dive and get a hand on it and the ball is past them by the time they get get down there.

Sanchez is a quality player, a fighter with real heart and guts, and he has superb technique - he would be brilliant with a top number 10 near him or a flat out strike partner as 2 up front, but of course Arsene will play him as a winger or as a lone striker in the shit 4-5-1 and we not only won't get the best out of him, we will watch as he burns out and loses form. :roll: :x

But hey - once Arsene's ego is satisfied, then that's all okay! Yaaay! :barscarf:

:suicide:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

A-lex-is my Lord,
A-lex-is
A-lex-is my Lord,
Not Sanchez
A-lex-is my Lord,
A-lex-is
Oh Lord A-lex-is.

8)

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I reckon that he has what it takes to be a top drawer striker. I would say that he is in the same mould as a Suarez without the bity-racisty stuff. He may not be a target man like Giroud, but I think that if he starts to play off the shoulder or come deep to get the ball, he is going to pull defenders all over the place and his dribbling at pace will scare the shit out of defenders which will create space for others. I think that with Walcott, Gnarby, Campbell and the Ox on the flanks, our forward line will be very hard to mark and the pace will push defenders back because of the pace.

It will require a gelling in period, but we have no choice, but to let it happen now. If he isn't quite used to playing with players and played like he did last night, imagine what he will be like when he clicks. :D

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

begeegs wrote:I reckon that he has what it takes to be a top drawer striker. I would say that he is in the same mould as a Suarez without the bity-racisty stuff. He may not be a target man like Giroud, but I think that if he starts to play off the shoulder or come deep to get the ball, he is going to pull defenders all over the place and his dribbling at pace will scare the shit out of defenders which will create space for others. I think that with Walcott, Gnarby, Campbell and the Ox on the flanks, our forward line will be very hard to mark and the pace will push defenders back because of the pace.

It will require a gelling in period, but we have no choice, but to let it happen now. If he isn't quite used to playing with players and played like he did last night, imagine what he will be like when he clicks. :D
Also he climbs well for a small lad won a few headers aswell