The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo71

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by donaldo71 »

Demun210 wrote:I'm still 50/50 about Remy. But, in the here and now, this pretty much boils down to the fact Chelsea will offer £25k more a week than we will, and he'll most likely join them. Pretty poor strategy from Arsenal, he's been there for the taking all summer. Should have moved for him weeks ago if we were really serious about him.
You maybe 50/50 on Remy but he is light years better than Sanogoal and Campbell.Anyway we wont get him he will get more money and win more at Chelsea.A typical Wenger move go after a player we wont get then turn around and say he tried to sign him.We had 3 months to get Remy if we really wanted him and we wait till the eve of deadline day.Kalou is available :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Not surprised to see Wenger is frantically dashing round bargain basement either. Except those pompous rich nouveau riche neighbours from down the street have got there first and got themselves the last bargain on the shelf, even though they don't really need/want it

Unless the chavs offer significantly more wages than us, I can see remy opting to join us over them - he's french, has already declared an interest in joining us, plus he would certainly get more game time with us than the chavs.
Going back to my paranoid musings on moaninho's motives, IF the portugese *word censored* really wants to sign him then they will offer him a fortune in wages thus making it nigh on impossible to turn them down - if they offer him more but not a huge amount more, than I will be convinced that moaninho never wanted to sign him and was only playing wenker along again

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

donaldo71 wrote:
Demun210 wrote:I'm still 50/50 about Remy. But, in the here and now, this pretty much boils down to the fact Chelsea will offer £25k more a week than we will, and he'll most likely join them. Pretty poor strategy from Arsenal, he's been there for the taking all summer. Should have moved for him weeks ago if we were really serious about him.
You maybe 50/50 on Remy but he is light years better than Sanogoal and Campbell.Anyway we wont get him he will get more money and win more at Chelsea.A typical Wenger move go after a player we wont get then turn around and say he tried to sign him.We had 3 months to get Remy if we really wanted him and we wait till the eve of deadline day.Kalou is available :oops:
Didn't Remy fail a medical at the bin dippers ? If so, why would he pass one now ?

Better than. Sanogoals for sure but not convinced he is super, super quality that we should be after.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

StuartL wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:
Didn't Remy fail a medical at the bin dippers ? If so, why would he pass one now ?

Better than. Sanogoals for sure but not convinced he is super, super quality that we should be after.
This is what I was wondering with regards to Remy. Either he failed a medical, which obviously suggests an issue fitness wise the circumstances of which probably wouldn't have changed much in this space of time or else Liverpool would have have waited a little while longer for another test, or Rodgers changed his mind at the last minute, and that doesn't look good either.

At this stage Remy would be a decent option, he is a proven PL goalscorer and can also be used on the flank if need be. He is by no means the world class addition required for the striking role we use but it is Supermarket Sweep time again after all!

Lack of cover at CB concerns me more.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Kvltman wrote:
StuartL wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:

This is what I was wondering with regards to Remy. Either he failed a medical, which obviously suggests an issue fitness wise the circumstances of which probably wouldn't have changed much in this space of time or else Liverpool would have have waited a little while longer for another test, or Rodgers changed his mind at the last minute, and that doesn't look good either.

At this stage Remy would be a decent option, he is a proven PL goalscorer and can also be used on the flank if need be. He is by no means the world class addition required for the striking role we use but it is Supermarket Sweep time again after all!

Lack of cover at CB concerns me more.
Apparently there were other issues about Remy.

Not once did the Victims make a statement about failed medicals,that was the media. Love to know what the issues were. I'm sure they'll come out in due course.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

afcforever wrote:Why not wait until the window finishes before talking bollox :blah:
Hasn't stopped you.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

donaldo71 wrote:
Kalou is not available he's joined hertha Berlin and he was never coming to us.

BENAYOUN

Re: 11pm Monday 1st September TRANSFER THREAD

Post by BENAYOUN »

any news?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Doesn't Loic Remy potentially have a heart issue?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Will the Gator be making an appearance Deadline Night? I believe that he will be. According to Ornstein, we aren't close to signing anyone.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

northbank123 wrote:Doesn't Loic Remy potentially have a heart issue?
There are stories out there from years past which talk about it.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... y%20health

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:Will the Gator be making an appearance Deadline Night? I believe that he will be. According to Ornstein, we aren't close to signing anyone.

Oh my sweet jesus......I never thought of that :shock: If that pri*k makes an appearance tomorrow night this place will go absolutely ballistic and especially so if we buy no-one or no-one of any real quality :(

Sky sports news this morning were speculating that this transfer window could see the transfer spending go over the £900m mark (it currently stands at £755m) - personally I don't see that happening cos I feel that all of the big transfers (big in terms of cost) have already been done so it would take an absolute load of transfers to equate to £145m. The one exception to that, and it is a really slim chance, is if we did spunk big money on signing cavani but as I said, that is highly unlikely. Imo the chavs, the victims and citeeh are done with their big deals and I would be doubtful if manure buy vidal at this stage and they are the only clubs that have the resources to make a big transfer signing

augie

Post by augie »

According to ssn we have ended our interest in signing remy :o Apparently the chavs are odds on to sign him now, but if/when they sign him, it will mean that they have 1 foreigner too many on their books

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Edit: .... too slow with my breaking news on Remy

augie

Post by augie »

According to sky, le cock has stated that Campbell will not be allowed to go on loan and he has told club officials of that so if there were offers made, he wouldn't need to be told about them - is that a case of pay attention to what I am not saying (that he is for sale) and not what I am saying (that he cant go on loan) ? :rubchin:

On a non AFC issue, does anybody else think that the fee for daley blind is quite cheap ? :o We keep hearing that manure have to pay big money cos they aint in champs league and every selling club knows how desperate they are for new signings, but that fee for blind seems a bit on the low side to me :shock: