TV Fixtures December

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

TV Fixtures December

Post by Peeman »

We have received confirmation from the Premier League that the following games involving Arsenal have been rescheduled as a result of TV selections:

Arsenal v Southampton
Wednesday 3rd December 2014
Kick-off: 7.45pm
Live on: BT SPORT

The above game had previously been rescheduled consequent to Southampton’s fixture against Manchester City moving to Sunday 30th November as a result of TV selections.

Arsenal v Newcastle United
Saturday 13th December 2014
Kick-off: 5.30pm (originally 3.00pm)
Live on: SKY SPORTS

Liverpool v Arsenal
Sunday 21st December 2014 (originally 20th December 2014)
Kick-off: 4.00pm
Now live on: SKY SPORTS

Arsenal v Queens Park Rangers
Friday 26th December 2014
Kick-off: 5.30pm (originally 3.00pm)
Live on: BT Sport

The ‘standard’ TV selections have now been made up to Thursday 1st January 2015. Ordinarily, fixtures up to this date will not now change. However, as ever, all fixtures remain subject to change and circumstances may yet arise which result in further fixture changes.

Regards,
Arsenal Football Club

Peeman

Re: TV Fixtures December

Post by Peeman »

What are chances of tube strike this boxing day ?

Now that match is on TV it'd be doubtful they'd cancel match even if there was a tube strike ?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Christmas telly is always shit and we'll probably make it even shitter.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

That's my last weekend before Christmas fucked up then, watching us limp out of Anfield live on TV after another 90 minutes of underwhelming shite against another top six club.

We'll still finish in the top four though so my tissue collection won't be wasted

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

5.30pm KO on Boxing day is the latest time I can ever remember kicking off on that day ; I remember when we used to play at noon or even 11.30!

Ground will be 60% full for that one, ticket exchange will be creaking under the weight of ST holders trying to get rid.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

TheCook wrote:5.30pm KO on Boxing day is the latest time I can ever remember kicking off on that day ; I remember when we used to play at noon or even 11.30!

Ground will be 60% full for that one, ticket exchange will be creaking under the weight of ST holders trying to get rid.
Yet the "attendance" will be recorded at 59-60,000 :oops: :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

really really poor this Christmas - 3 away firxtures and 1 home match that a lot of people won't be able to get to!

the games on the 28th and New Years Day are not even on TV.

by the way just noticed that we play away to Southampton just TWO days before we defend the FA cup.
considering the state of our reserves this season I expect our defence could be rather short lived...

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:really really poor this Christmas - 3 away firxtures and 1 home match that a lot of people won't be able to get to!

by the way just noticed that we play away to Southampton just TWO days before we defend the FA cup.
considering the state of our reserves this season I expect our defence could be rather short lived...
Absolute madness how sky sports/BT sports can get away with giving us just a 2 day break.

Money talks I suppose though.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TheCook wrote:5.30pm KO on Boxing day is the latest time I can ever remember kicking off on that day ; I remember when we used to play at noon or even 11.30!

11.30 KO's were more NYD if i remember rightly. i can remember queuing outside the gates at 9.30am in the morning for spurs home and it was surreal.

QPR did used to be our traditional boxing day or NYD opponents along with the spuds - back when the FA actually cared about fans and tried to make boxing day games local so you didn't have to eff off your entire christmas.

60% is optimistic, its a CAT B - i shall be at Brentford, to see them taking on ipswich, 25 quid each with my Dad and Nephews, nice 1pm kick off, and home in 45 minutes for tea with 3 points hopefully.

why watch us huff and puff against a crap team for 60 quid each and a three hour round trip ?

anyone who is with family over xmas, take em to a local team - brentford, watford, charlton, reading, norwich, brighton etc - much better value IMHO.

only when we stop letting the club rip us off, will they stop doing it. :cussing:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Afc5123 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:really really poor this Christmas - 3 away firxtures and 1 home match that a lot of people won't be able to get to!

Absolute madness how sky sports/BT sports can get away with giving us just a 2 day break.

Money talks I suppose though.
Umm they are not on the TV so it has nothing to do with them. :?

gp543

Post by gp543 »

clockender1 wrote:

11.30 KO's were more NYD if i remember rightly. i can remember queuing outside the gates at 9.30am in the morning for spurs home and it was surreal.

QPR did used to be our traditional boxing day or NYD opponents along with the spuds - back when the FA actually cared about fans and tried to make boxing day games local so you didn't have to eff off your entire christmas.

60% is optimistic, its a CAT B - i shall be at Brentford, to see them taking on ipswich, 25 quid each with my Dad and Nephews, nice 1pm kick off, and home in 45 minutes for tea with 3 points hopefully.

why watch us huff and puff against a crap team for 60 quid each and a three hour round trip ?

anyone who is with family over xmas, take em to a local team - brentford, watford, charlton, reading, norwich, brighton etc - much better value IMHO.

only when we stop letting the club rip us off, will they stop doing it. :cussing:
Agree with this bit. I spent a christmas in Bristol with family and went to The Mem to see Rovers-Argyle and it was as enjoyable a time as I've ever had at the Emirates.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Southampton away is confirmed Jan 1st at 3pm?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Dan_85 wrote:Southampton away is confirmed Jan 1st at 3pm?
I dunnofor sure, but it looks that way, I am trying to confirm a hotel booking for down there so I hope so ; But officially the club have said all fixtures up until the end of the year have been set in stone - whether this applies to this match I doubt, but there is limited scope to move it based on the other fixtures either side.

I suppose I could just treat the wife to TWO nights in a south coast travelodge for New years?

clockendlower

Post by clockendlower »

Dan_85 wrote:Southampton away is confirmed Jan 1st at 3pm?
I'm pretty sure it is because they have already made their TV selections for Jan 1st