THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov, Finances, AGM etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

USMANOV OR KRONKE?

USMANOV
72%
KRONKE
No votes
NEITHER
28%

Total votes: 83

goonersid

Re: The Board-Takeover Rumours-Accounts-Kroenke etc:

Post by goonersid »

QuartzGooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote: - Kroenke was on the scene before Usmanov.
It was Dein who was talking to Kroenke prior to Usmanov, with the partnership Arsenal set up with Colorado Rapids.

- There are no dividends issued on Arsenal shares, and to my knowledge never have been.
Quartz, they both appeared on the scene in 2007 and i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure Usmanov's interest was mooted before Kroenke.
Kroenke's football club Colorado Rapids teamed up with Arsenal officially in February 2007, but there had been informal links the previous year.

Usmanov was not linked to us in any way until after Dein was sacked, and then Dein announced in August 2007 that he had sold his shares to Usmanov.
So that is quite different from your saying "Usmanov was on the scene long before Kroenke", though if you meant that Usmanov was publicly linked with a takeover before Kroenke was then that is correct up to a point, in that Usmanov and Dein announed their partnership as a way to influence the club, but stopped short of declaring an intent to take over the club.
It may be that Kroenke was approached to help with a take over, but even on his way to buying about 70% of shares, he said very little.
goonersid wrote:
As for dividends, that may be the wrong term, but there must be profits to be had. otherwise why would Kroenke be here? or is he a genuine fan?
I think no one has ever doubted that Kroenke is in it for profit.
goonersid wrote:

Guys, The fact remains, Usmanov could buy and sell Kroenke 5 times over, but yet he sits and lets a disinterested yank hold control of the club he claims he loves :roll: Usmanov is full of shite, as far as I can see, his only interest is profit and until the club can yield him a long term return a buyout would cost him he will do fuck all.
It is out of Usmanov's control.
As I and others have said, there is very little that Usmanov can do to force Kroenke to sell his shares. Kroenke is not as rich as Usmanov, but is rich enough not to need Usmanov's money.
This is what I was driving at, but stand corrected on the precise dates of first involvement.
Agreed Usmanov can't force a sale, but there is nothing , only his real intentions and desire, stop him making a public offer in an attempt to force Kroenke's hand.
As for Kroenke not needing Usmanov's money, I doubt there is a rich man on the planet who doesn't believe he needs more than he already has.
The irony here though is I'm not questioning Kroenke's "commitment" or intentions, I think we all know what they are, but the commitment and intentions of Usmanov are a lot less clear and only by coming out and showing what they are, can he ever expect to gain support amongst his doubters.
The longer he continues to openly criticise the board or Kroenke, without making any real attempt to change things, the more frustrated fans like myself who want to believe in him will become.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

PHW

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Strong Rumours PHW has resigned.

Finishes end of season.

DB10GOONER

Re: PHW

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not having a pop at you here BDB, not shooting the messenger and all that, but that will have the same impact on The Arsenal as a fart in a tornado... :|

:wink:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

lol True.........a small peice of History gone though with the HW family being so connected.

Still, everything changes eh? Perhaps another of the old Guard going will see fundamental changes and massive investment.........

:lol:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

If this is true, thank fuck :barscarf:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

was going to happen eventually
(as a happy fat man with a cigar once said - never in any doubt)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm sure he'll give an exclusive to The Daily Star when the time is right :roll:

Good riddance to the bastard. Sneering at the fans, cretin.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Good fucking riddance. Made a fucking fortune from selling his inherited right to have a say in how the club was run, much of it to that bastard Kroenke despite declaring we don't want his sort, and still somehow managed to think he was better than the fans and looked down on them.

Embarrassed the club every time he opened his gob, has stood by and watched whilst we have watched the great work of the late 90s-mid 2000s painstakingly undone and still has the fucking cheek to draw a healthy salary from the club despite doing fuck all.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Hope it is true.

What an utter *word censored*. There can be none bigger. Rarely passed on an opportunity to insult the fans with his condescending and patronising remarks. A proper sell out whose departure can only be good for the club.

Fuck him.

physician

USMANOV OR KRONKE?

Post by physician »

USMANOV
KRONKE

Steviegooner

Re: USMANOV OR KRONKE?

Post by Steviegooner »

Usmanov all day long

augie

Post by augie »

I was pro usmanov before kroenke took over and I am even more pro usmanov today - I wish that American tit and his offspring would fcuk off and allow somebody to run the club that would influence changes/progress

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

What do REDaction feel about the choice?

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

officepest wrote:What do REDaction feel about the choice?
"Real Slapheads Have Real Toupees"

:barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
officepest wrote:What do REDaction feel about the choice?
"Real Slapheads Have Real Toupees"

:barscarf:
Sod off Jabba :barscarf: