Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by augie »

Just wondering if making that bullshit "I will win the league within 3 years" statement MIGHT backfire on him - most of the akb's defend le cock on the basis that 4th place is the realistic target for us given other clubs resources, and most of them will believe that we are nowhere near a title winning team, so might they read that statement and question how wenker could make a bullshit statement like that ? Wishful thinking probably

Again I have to love the internal unity he talks about - only two weeks ago he was slating the team for their defensive niavity so where was the unity there then ? He thinks nothing of deflecting the blame to the players and I hope our senior players can see that :evil:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

On the subject of the banner or similar banners being displayed tonight. The offending banners will apparently be confiscated as they may cause trouble between home fans. So the sensitivities of those that support Wenger are being taken into account. If they are allowed display their banners of support like "IN ARSENE WE TRUST" why not complain about it ? Imagine the face on a steward if he was told politely but firmly that the banner supporting Wenger was upsetting some fans and had the potential to cause conflict. Ask for it to be removed in the interest of impartiality and security.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:On the subject of the banner or similar banners being displayed tonight. The offending banners will apparently be confiscated as they may cause trouble between home fans. So the sensitivities of those that support Wenger are being taken into account. If they are allowed display their banners of support like "IN ARSENE WE TRUST" why not complain about it ? Imagine the face on a steward if he was told politely but firmly that the banner supporting Wenger was upsetting some fans and had the potential to cause conflict. Ask for it to be removed in the interest of impartiality and security.
Same issue on the Wenger thread also..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

from the telegraph....

The debate over Wenger's future has been raging after one group of supporters unveiled a banner against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday saying, "Arsene, thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye".

Any banners calling for the departure of Wenger at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday will be confiscated if it is judged that they could incite problems between home fans.

:cussing:

We need as many showing the small cards/sheets with "Enough Is Enough" - how can they confiscate a couple of thousand?

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

gra001 wrote:I'm sure there's going to be something going on, i know against Stoke there is on Saturday ( away )
And at Stoke he has to walk down the tunnel right n front of the away support. I bet the press will be jockeying for position when that banner is right in front of his face.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

[quote="OneBardGooner"]from the telegraph....

The debate over Wenger's future has been raging after one group of supporters unveiled a banner against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday saying, "Arsene, thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye".

Any banners calling for the departure of Wenger at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday will be confiscated if it is judged that they could incite problems between home fans.

Shows how out of touch the club are with the supporters. If things are not going well they wont be able to stop it..............Revolution people :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

is there anywhere i can print off these Enough is Enough A4 flyers or have i got to make my own one?

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Always thought if the banner can be "smuggled" (ffs :oops:) inside the ground then the best place to show it would be close to the In Arsene We Trust one - ie close enough to both be in the same shot. From there should be relatively easy to quickly get the attention of the photographers behind the goal & then when the dayglos come to take it away (& leave the other one in place) the paps would be gift-wrapped a photo opportunity perfectly depicting the Pravdafication of the bowl. A picture being worth a thousand words and all that. Pretty sure the press would have a field day with that, pro-Wenger or not there's nothing any of them love more than an easy story.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the next logical step HAS to be banners displayed inside the Emirates

the club know this and is why they are desperate to stop it

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:is there anywhere i can print off these Enough is Enough A4 flyers or have i got to make my own one?
its on shewore dot com or their gace book page.

good lad :wink:

Offside

Post by Offside »

"An oeuf is an oeuf"

In a language that Wenger understands. :wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

"I think my wife at home is a fucking munter!"

:hmmthink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

"Double, Double Toil & Trouble - The Tragedy of Arsene Macbeth"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is Vital we have more than (just the) One Banner - or else it may be assumed by those not interested in football but in the news....that it is just a couple of disgruntled fans...If Banners start popping up at different places in the stadium/s - then it means there are more than just a 'few disgruntled fans' expressing their opinions.

Perhaps the 'Hoisting of the Banners' could be co-ordinated so that tyhey either all come up at the same time, or as one goes up and the stazicunts take it down, so another gets hoisted and so on and so on....

If YOU want Wenger GONE Make a Banner and Hoist it with GOONER PRIDE! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: