Sign my petition on stand names at the grove

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

So far we have many names popping up for the stands, I think most people would like north and south stands to be called north bank and the clock end. Other ideas are that Dratyon Park ( leading on to Ashburton and holloway road) should be called Herbert Chapman way. Some have thought about using the quadrants we already have and changing the name to when arsenal have won the title eg WHL71, also using the colours to reprensent international coulours such as orange Dennis Bergkamp. Names so far:
Arsene Wenger
Thierry Henry
Tony Adams
Dennis Bergkamp
Ian Wright
Charlie George
Herbert Chapman
Sir Henry Norris
Woolwich
Rocastle
Liam Brady
George Graham
Ted Drake
Pat Rice
Perry Groves
Cliff Bastin
Alex James
Martin Keown
Paul Merson
Marc Overmars
Robert Pires
Canon
David Dein
Tom Whittaker
Frank Mclintock
Alan Smith
Patrick Viera
David Seamen
David O'Leary

Im going to do a shortlist in the next couple of weeks of about 10 or 15 and then the most popular i'll do another one untill we have about 5 strong candidates others could always be used for names of restaurants and bars. The shortlist will probally be done in the next couple of weeks.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Don't you just love the energy and enthusiasm of the young? :wink: :lol: Oh to be 14 again!! :(

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

What no Christopher Wreh.

A nice touch would be naming the cubicles in the away end after those we so much admire ala The Cashley Cubicle, next to The Jol Hole etc...

stats

Post by stats »

The north bank & clock end should def make a return & pos as well the east & west stands
Simpley name areas all over the ground after people since day 1 of Arsenal thats made a difference eg Wenger Way
Box's, blocks, toliets whatever then we should get all our own ways

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Number 239! Quite a good comment as well...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm ashamed. :oops:

I never even thought of Rocky. I'm glad someone on the petition did. Something significant in the new stadium should be named for him, even if the club don't go for any of the other great ideas listed on this thread and on the petition.

Rocky was and is and always will be a legend, a gentleman that gave it all for this club. He was a class footballer, in an era when centre halves and midfield enforcers actually tried their hardest to cripple flair players. :wink:

I can honestly say without embarrassment that I cried the day Rocky died. It was so tragic. My missus, who came late to the fold as a Gooner (she married me knowing of my obsession and, beautiful woman that she is, she understands and encourages it) shed a tear too.

I love watching those old videos of him. They bring back so many great memories.

Sorry for being a bit melancholy on here, but Rocky will always be with me. 8)

Legend.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Somewere in our stadium should be a Dennis Bergkamp area... after all our first game was his test, and hes a true arsenal legend

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Does anyone have any idea how many pubs and restaurants there are in the emirates roughly.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Sure it's on a website somewhere Ben.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I been on arsenal website but i don't think it says.