Tickets for away matches, harder to come by.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Tickets for away matches, harder to come by.

Post by nut flush gooner »

hugh jardon wrote:I'm not a regular away match goer but can well believe it's largely down to people abusing the twitter ticket selling sites. I've seen loads of people selling away tickets on there before they are even on sale.

It's so easy now to buy tickets even though you have no intention of going to the game because for away games you are almost guaranteed to sell them on.

Those ticket sites were set up with great intentions of linking genuine spare ticket holders and people who needed spares but is definitely being used/abused as something else entirely eg building up away credits without having to bother going to the games.
This. The first cup final win, and the struggle to get a ticket for wembley despite being a season ticket holder for many have been the trigger for this. In years gone by, it would normally be sale of tickets to mates/work colleagues. With social media, you can pretty much bag the away credit and not even bother going for most of the season.

The club check that you attend each away game to make sure you get the credit, I bet they don't ask for proof of id mind.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

One solution is perhaps they give you an away credit when you buy the ticket but maybe let them hand you a token at the away game in question (often done at away European games where the tickets are very cheap) so you can only confirm it yourself when you type in a code (which they give to you at the turnstile of the away game). Only then do you get the credit.

Vegsk

Post by Vegsk »

arseofacrow wrote:Anderlecht was great but the guys at the Irish pub in Brussels were a little strange and the songs were a bit crap. But there was some atmosphere at least so, if that's what it takes, then no problem.

And Frank was there! :roll: :lol: :barscarf:

Songs were a bit crap? Songs being played by pub or songs by the Arsenal lads there?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Just one of those things, people get more savvy.

Dont really see what the worry is TBH, the away support and matches are far far better, standing all game, coming back hoarse after singing most of the game, mixing with like minded people, visisting places that you thank goodness you dont live in, enjoying the food and drink, all great.

Lifes not fair, the tickets generally get sold at cost, apart from the credit whats the problem? The person selling on has taken some risk, not selling them, going online, some money and faffing with posting them on or meeting up.

Bet there arent too many who havent at times lent out their membership card time to mates for home games. :oops:

supergooner

Post by supergooner »

The ability to obtain tickets for away games is deaf not what it used to be which is frustrating at times :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Been hoping for an away day in the cup either at Man Ure where we get 9,000 tickets or the likes of Blackburn or Boro where Silver Members would get the chance. Can't see a single away game in the League where we'll get a chance :oops:

Shame because the away fans are fantastic and I'd rather give my money to Steve Gibson or the Venky's than that wig wearing tosser of an owner at our place

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

The European away system would be a solution, where you receive a voucher and then type in your code.

But then it's not going to stop the match attendees from simply handing the code back to the ST owner to claim the credit, as a condition of ticket purchase. Or maybe you'll get a few sneaky bastards nicking the code for the credit as well as the ticket....

IT's basically a system that is essentially fair to those who have worked to get up to their 40 and 50 credits, to be able to then sit on that number and keep it ticking over. It's manipulation of a system but is also fairly inevitable.

If you start from 0 this season and keep at it, you will still eventually get there, it's just going to take longer, even if it becomes a situation where newbies can only score 5 credits in a season, which must be frustrating.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

When Newcastle away starts at 25+, you know there's something in the water.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Reckon United in the Cup might be a game where we might get some joy in getting on the ladder.

Hopefully it's on the Sunday which could make it a lot easier.

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Don't go as much as I used to, I use someone's season ticket for away games. Was 20+ at some point, now 13. Doesn't bother me too much as I've always been able to get tickets one way or another.
Having said that, I don't enjoy away games as much as I used to (in the ground that is). Our support is very good number wise (well we're one of the top teams in the country) but the songbook is cringey as fuck MOST of the time.
As much as I hate Man United, their away end always looks and sounds great.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Reckon United in the Cup might be a game where we might get some joy in getting on the ladder.

Especially if the bastards at BBC put it on Monday night....

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Chips and Chocolate wrote:Our support is very good number wise (well we're one of the top teams in the country) but the songbook is cringey as fuck MOST of the time.
As much as I hate Man United, their away end always looks and sounds great.
Agree so much with this. Arsenal always travels well in terms of numbers, befitting our status as a MASSIVE club, but our "songbook" as you put it seems so limited and really quite embarrassingly mundane/shit compared to the likes of Liverpool, or United.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Reckon United in the Cup might be a game where we might get some joy in getting on the ladder.

Especially if the bastards at BBC put it on Monday night....
Pretty sure all 4 games are on the Sat and Sun in this round.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Pretty sure all 4 games are on the Sat and Sun in this round.
That would be the logical move, but BBC can do whatever they want since neither team plays midweek
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthre ... 83&page=68

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I can't see the club selling 9k+ tickets on a Mon night game that's on TV, would be shocked if either club agreed to it.