Season ticket dilemma

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I sat in Block 3 for 5 years and it is a myth that the lower tier is where the singing is at, the ground in general is quiet unless its a big game.

Get your foot on the ladder and apply to move seats if you dont like it at the end of the season

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I've sat in block 94 in the corner of the north upper, and would say that behind the goal towards the back is definitely the best atmosphere in the whole of the upper tier, at the emirates. In particular vs pool in the FA cup, most of the red army chants where originating from that part of the upper tier and it got pretty loud.

The flip side is that you are a bloody long way from the pitch. Tricky one, I would be a bit more stubborn with the club there are tons of seats in the upper tier that are always given away on a match by match basis to "hangers on". These seats are often near the front, so for the life of me I don't know why they are never available.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

It's even been known that people have moved down from upper to lower in the standing sections for many games :mrgreen:

essem

Post by essem »

Block 8 for last 2 seasons and definitely more singing goes on there, every game I watched there had a great atmosphere. 3 seasons prior I was at the opposite end of the stadium, user tier. View was better here but atmosphere is dry.

I don't have a season ticket anymore but would literally take anything if the waiting list offered it to me especially since we're going to win the league. I imagine getting a season ticket the following season would be more difficult so get your foot in now

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Hi all has the season tickets been sent out yet ?

I have moved to block 102 upper tier anyone know what it is like there? .

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

swimmer1 wrote:Hi all has the season tickets been sent out yet ?

Ya I am located up there. There do be a decent bit of singing where we are, up towards the back in the cheap seats :twisted:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Get your foot in the door and take the upper tier ST on offer

Try your best to change the atmosphere up there for the better ; be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Get involved.

REB

Post by REB »

sat at the very back row once for west ham and never again :?
awful.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Got my 2 and my mates got their 2, another mate has just got one but it is minus the Palace game.

They are definately struggling to sell them and ignore the guff about going to the back of the waiting list, I have had 5 ST offers for only 2 waiting list places, if you are on the list and not had an offer I would call them and Im sure they will fix you up.

If anyone wants a direct number or 2 say and I will PM them to you.

The club are either incompetent or seriously struggling to sell them.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Got my 2 and my mates got their 2, another mate has just got one but it is minus the Palace game.

They are definately struggling to sell them and ignore the guff about going to the back of the waiting list, I have had 5 ST offers for only 2 waiting list places, if you are on the list and not had an offer I would call them and Im sure they will fix you up.

If anyone wants a direct number or 2 say and I will PM them to you.

The club are either incompetent or seriously struggling to sell them.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

I used to sit at the back on block 101 and the atmosphere at some games was good..

I asked to move to lower tier 3 years ago where I am now in block 8 ..its approx 400 quid cheaper on my 2 tickets a year and the atmosphere is better ..though you do get the stewards being *word censored* more telling you to sit down...

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Season ticket waiting list must have been updated, i was 32,500 just checked now and im just over 20,000

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Daycat wrote:Season ticket waiting list must have been updated, i was 32,500 just checked now and im just over 20,000
You'll be offered in a few weeks. Hope you're ready.

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Yeah ready for the massive burning hole in my pocket

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Just checked and one of my memberships has gone from 50,000 to 37,000. 13k is a hell of a drop in one season.