Things I miss on Sky Sports

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Things I miss on Sky Sports

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just watched to Scum trying to bore us into submission on Bank Holiday Sunday, and my mind wandered to the things on Sky Sports that made watching the football interesting when the game wasn't.
Fan Zone was the first thing that sprang to mind, and also the ability to turn off the commentary, and have just the crowd on.
Also, what happened to that 5 A-Side "Masters" tournament that they used to show every year? I would rather watch that than the tired formula that is Soccer Am.
One of the things that I don't miss is Richard Keys kissing Jamie Redkapps arse!!!

Midz

Re: Things I miss on Sky Sports

Post by Midz »

I miss Richard Keys and Andy Gray as I liked them both. I did see them on some foreign channel a while ago but it's not the same as Sky.

Anyone over the age of 14 would find Soccer AM tedious.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck me. Is soccer am still going? It was last funny in about 2000.
Keys and Gray were ok for about ten years then became ego-maniac divas and needed moving out of the way for younger people. Having said that, Keys was always a nobody, wannabe footballer who was desperate to be mates with the former players and looked a *word censored* for years before getting the sack. Neither of them are anywhere near as bad as that smug, jug-eared perma-tanned, tax-avoiding, obesety-fuelling prick,Linerkunt.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I miss it being FREE,thems were the days :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

I really, really, really miss the nfl - I know that it is only the off-season but the wait for the new season kills me every year :oops:

BIG RADDY

Post by BIG RADDY »

I gave up sky 6 years ago but I do miss Sooccer am.
I met Tubes in the vip lounge at oasis gig at wembley. They tried to chuck him out

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

What I love on sky sports is part time Sunderland fan Thierry Henry http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... ns-8986180

Henry said: “I’ve never seen fans like that before except when the team are waiting to lift the trophy after winning the league.

“I actually hoped Newcastle wouldn’t equalise, no disrespect to Newcastle, but it was just a special day.

“A Newcastle goal would have ruined it for Sunderland and Jermain Defoe as well.”

Gerrin Thierry, obviously still remembers his standing ovation from a few seasons back

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

My mate who I sit next to at The Arsenal did the fanzone thing a couple of times during the 2002/3 season. It was a pretty good deal really, picked up by a Chauffeur and taken to the studio, and £250 'expenses'.

The second game he did was home against Everton near the end of the season when we were in the hunt for the title, it was a pretty nervy game and we were 2-1 with not long left. Stuart Taylor scuffed a clearance and my mate lost it entirely 'fucks sake Taylor thats a fucking shit clearance' or words to that effect.

A very stern looking woman pointed a sign at him saying 'no swearing'

He wasnt asked back...

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:I really, really, really miss the nfl - I know that it is only the off-season but the wait for the new season kills me every year :oops:
I wish it was back on channel 4 :cry:
I'm not giving sky any more money than I do currently just to watch it on there though.

I just hope Denver can get through a season without choking as they have done for the last couple of seasons. Their offence is awesome but once they come up against a team that can put pressure on Manning they go to pieces.

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
augie wrote:I really, really, really miss the nfl - I know that it is only the off-season but the wait for the new season kills me every year :oops:
I wish it was back on channel 4 :cry:
I'm not giving sky any more money than I do currently just to watch it on there though.

I just hope Denver can get through a season without choking as they have done for the last couple of seasons. Their offence is awesome but once they come up against a team that can put pressure on Manning they go to pieces.

It was on it last year wasn't it ? :? I know that I was recording 3 games on a sunday night/Monday morning, 1 on a Monday night/Tuesday morning, and 1 on a Thursday night and I spent most of the week trying to catch up :oops:

Have to say though that I absolutely hate that mike Carlson c.unt - he is the definition or arrogance and seems to believe that he is the authority of all things nfl :evil: :censored:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Some games were on but I thought it was channel 5. Agree totally about Mike Carlson. I find that lanky northern twat to be equally as annoying. I can't recall his name off the top off my head but he was married to Tess Daly.

It's really coming to something when you're missing Gary Imlach.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I really don't miss Richard Keys and Andy Gray and their stomach turning Smashy and Nicey routines tbh. "Hey mate, great stuff on the footy front, hey!" "Yeah, mate! Stevie G is the greatest player England ever produced, mate!" :oops: :roll: :x

Soccer AM has become a very unfunny parody of itself, and not in a post modernist ironic way or anything arty farty like that. It is just very unfunny and populated by absolute arseholes with little to no self awareness. :roll: But I do Sky+ it, just in case they have an Arsenal related guest on. Then I just fast forward through it, watching the cross bar challenge and any Arsenal related item or guest there might be. The rest of it is just abysmal shite. :x

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Rodney Marsh and Andy Gray :D :D

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Rosie_titters wrote:Rodney Marsh and Andy Gray :D :D

Racist. :D

WENGER OUT

Peeman