Whose contracts expires?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Whose contracts expires?

Post by Nos89 »

With the surprise news that rosicknote has had a contract extension. I was under the impression Arteta, Diaby and Flamini contracts expire in June? Does anyone know where to find this information, and is there any other 1st team squad members whose contracts expires?

Personally, I'd let all 3 go, and get in a one in to replace them.

gp543

Re: Whose contracts expires?

Post by gp543 »

Nos89 wrote:With the surprise news that rosicknote has had a contract extension. I was under the impression Arteta, Diaby and Flamini contracts expire in June? Does anyone know where to find this information, and is there any other 1st team squad members whose contracts expires?

Personally, I'd let all 3 go, and get in a one in to replace them.
Apparently not Arteta. This site has been reliable in the past.
http://www.transfermarkt.com/arsenal-fc ... 015/plus/1

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

There was talk of Arteta signing a new deal a few months back but not sure it ever happened. Nigh on impossible to make a case for him staying - although I am massively grateful towards him for a few very good seasons and utmost professionalism in a joke of a side in 2011/12 particularly.

Arteta is one of Wenger's favourites but even then can't see him keeping both him and Flamini.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Arteta needs to stay because no one else can be fucked to write the programme notes.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:There was talk of Arteta signing a new deal a few months back but not sure it ever happened. Nigh on impossible to make a case for him staying - although I am massively grateful towards him for a few very good seasons and utmost professionalism in a joke of a side in 2011/12 particularly.

Arteta is one of Wenger's favourites but even then can't see him keeping both him and Flamini.
He has been very professional, done the job to the best of his ability (including a very good display in last years cup final ) but if we want to move forward we need a better quality ball winner / shield than him.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

StuartL wrote:
northbank123 wrote:There was talk of Arteta signing a new deal a few months back but not sure it ever happened. Nigh on impossible to make a case for him staying - although I am massively grateful towards him for a few very good seasons and utmost professionalism in a joke of a side in 2011/12 particularly.

He has been very professional, done the job to the best of his ability (including a very good display in last years cup final ) but if we want to move forward we need a better quality ball winner / shield than him.
Think he's off back home to Sociedad on a free?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:

Agree with both. I've defended Arteta on here against the dullards that slated him as slow or lazy or lightweight. :roll:

I defended him because for his first 2 seasons with us he was our most consistent performer, but did it in a quiet, effective, Gilberto-type way. We had fuckers on here whining because he didn't dive in Hollywood style like Mong did. Fuckers that didn't understand the concepts of good positioning and anticipation against poor positioning and reacting. The fuckers. :x :wink:

But yeah, now his legs are gone, we should free up his wage. Let him go. Let Uber-Cripple Diaby go. Let Captain Stupid Flamoney go. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Arteta needs to stay because no one else can be fucked to write the programme notes.
:lol:

:rubchin:

Oh! shit that's true...

:cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gp543 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Think he's off back home to Sociedad on a free?
But...but ...but who will write the Programme Notes...!? Only BFG and Ozil can spell. :? :D

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I thought Flamini had only this season left? Read an article with him saying he's here next year.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I thought Flamini had only this season left? Read an article with him saying he's here next year.
Well he is THAT stupid! :barscarf: :D

Someone had to. :wink:

G_G

Post by G_G »

I was as well convinced that Flamini would go at the of this season ...well I guess I was wrong.
Aw has already said that Rosicky will also be here next season.
As for Arteta , if we indeed bring in another quality DMF , then I think his time at the club would be up as I don't think that he'll want to warm the bench for most of the season.

It'll also be interesting to se where Jenkinson , Podolski , Campbell end up...

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Pretty certain Arteta's agent said he's agreed an extension (a few weeks back) but the club haven't announced it, if you say Flamini and Arteta are staying then you know he won't be bringing in a DM because he will hide behind the 'discovery' of Coquelin and bang on about the numbers in the squad.

I honestly think this Summer will be a bad one transfer wise, if Walcott re signs that will be his centre forward signing, he's already come out and said that Theo will now play there, Arteta, Flamini and Coquelin means he has the numbers for that area so it will really be minor positions with the main signing maybe being Peter Cech.

I would bet money on that, refuse to get wrapped up in it this Summer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Pretty certain Arteta's agent said he's agreed an extension (a few weeks back) but the club haven't announced it, if you say Flamini and Arteta are staying then you know he won't be bringing in a DM because he will hide behind the 'discovery' of Coquelin and bang on about the numbers in the squad.

I honestly think this Summer will be a bad one transfer wise, if Walcott re signs that will be his centre forward signing, he's already come out and said that Theo will now play there, Arteta, Flamini and Coquelin means he has the numbers for that area so it will really be minor positions with the main signing maybe being Peter Cech.

I would bet money on that, refuse to get wrapped up in it this Summer.
You could be very right there tbh. :(

The Schneiderlen (spelling? Fuck it :lol: ) rumours are gathering apace with him apparently telling the deluded scum from N17 to go suck their own cocks because he's N5 bound, but I'd be surprised if Arsene now goes for him. :|