The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:one things for sure- wenger doesn't think anyone is good enough to replace coq or giroud.

:|

He's so delusional he must be permanently on Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

TURN UP THAT GODDAM BASS!!!!

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

The "crap" about him being VERY slow comes from the fact I've watched him many times as like many I wanted to see what he was about, seen him live on numerous occasions too and whilst he is a decent player he isn't going to improve Arsenal in my opinion.

What has this got to do with Flamini or Coq? I've stated on numerous occasions we need something there but Wanyama just isn't the Man for me, not as a 40-50 game a season player at our level.

I do love how an opinion on here automatically gets vilified if it's different as our "arsene" love....

How many players from that Southampton side have moved on and succeeded? I'd say Morgon was the better player and that reflected well on Wanyama - a few years in the Disney league and being s decent, but limited player In a good side overall hasn't made me think he is good enough - he is a player that loses the ball a lot too, and an attacking side like us can't afford that.

Or should I make the same boring old statements like window lickers and snails to give my opinion some garnish? Good player, but not for us IN MY OPINION.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I hear the swedish leg end may be coming to Arsenal....But didn't we recently get rid of him for being utter shyte... :?

sighhhhhhhhhhh

:cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:The "crap" about him being VERY slow comes from the fact I've watched him many times as like many I wanted to see what he was about, seen him live on numerous occasions too and whilst he is a decent player he isn't going to improve Arsenal in my opinion.

What has this got to do with Flamini or Coq? I've stated on numerous occasions we need something there but Wanyama just isn't the Man for me, not as a 40-50 game a season player at our level.

I do love how an opinion on here automatically gets vilified if it's different as our "arsene" love....

How many players from that Southampton side have moved on and succeeded? I'd say Morgon was the better player and that reflected well on Wanyama - a few years in the Disney league and being s decent, but limited player In a good side overall hasn't made me think he is good enough - he is a player that loses the ball a lot too, and an attacking side like us can't afford that.

Or should I make the same boring old statements like window lickers and snails to give my opinion some garnish? Good player, but not for us IN MY OPINION.
If you've watched him many times then I'm amazed you can call him slow. I'll ignore the other insults

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:The "crap" about him being VERY slow comes from the fact I've watched him many times as like many I wanted to see what he was about, seen him live on numerous occasions too and whilst he is a decent player he isn't going to improve Arsenal in my opinion.

If you've watched him many times then I'm amazed you can call him slow. I'll ignore the other insults
Insults? Just asking if calling fellow supporters whose views differ window lickers all the time makes my opinion, which is as valid as yours, more viable?

I think there is a desperation among some that we buy someone so badly that as soon as anyone half decent comes along he becomes the saviour.

Like I said in my opinion he is a 6/10 player and not what we need. But we do need something there for sure.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Insults? Just asking if calling fellow supporters whose views differ window lickers all the time makes my opinion, which is as valid as yours, more viable?

I think there is a desperation among some that we buy someone so badly that as soon as anyone half decent comes along he becomes the saviour.

Like I said in my opinion he is a 6/10 player and not what we need. But we do need something there for sure.
There are many players we've been linked with who I have said I couldn't have cared less if we'd signed or not, so I'm not in that desperate category.....in fact Wanyama was the player I said I wanted in this position long before this latest rumour emerged. I didn't fancy Schneiderlin one bit - he has none of the qualities we need in that position and isn't worth the money - and when I look at some of the major deals completed by English teams this Summer I would say most of them weren't suitable for us (Sterling being the best example of the lot). I'm amazed that the one deal we did complete was for a keeper who I also think is 5 years at least past his best - sorry if you don't like me labelling him the giant snail but that's what he reminds me of in that headgear and with his slow reactions. Two games in and he looks every bit as shaky as he did on the occasions he played for the Chavsters last season.

I don't particularly want Benzema either as he can't play in our rigid formation

As for the term 'windowlickers' you'd do well to find anyone on here I've given that label just for having a different view but my Block 2 visits and browsing of the Arsenal facebook page show many to be in this category. I listened to a number of these fans telling us how Cech would be winning us the league this year and posting some of the most cringeworthy shite about him winning three trophies since he joined the club and supposedly getting one up on the Chavs where he won everything. That's the type of window licking shite I'm referring to and if you haven't been exposed to that in your time following Arsenal then please tell me where you hang out !

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ky-sources

He's there to get now

Watched a few of his celtic games on tv a few years ago and I was well impressed with him - big, physically strong DM who likes a tackle so he ticks all the boxes for me BUT, looking for a transfer after 1 year with them is bang out of order imo. Granted for selfish reasons I would be happy for us to sign him (although I suspect some other club has already tapped him up) but a player who treats the club to brought him into the spotlight that way, would think nothing of shitting over any club regardless of the size of said club :evil:
he's been there 2 years; this is his third season with the Saints.

If he has ambitions (and talent) to play at a higher level then there's no problem in asking to leave or not signing a new contract. He hasn't bad mouthed Southampton (as far as I know) nor gone on strike so I'm not sure he's done anything wrong to be fair.

I reckon he'll end up at Sp*rs if he leaves :(

My bad :oops: :oops: :oops:

Have to say BDB, that we need a ball winner pure and simple - yes if he has technical ability too then it is so much the better, but first and foremost we need a big physical ball winner who plays the position with discipline and that sums up wanyama imo. Maybe there is better DM's out there but I don't know if le cock would spend the money required to buy the players that "are not for sale" :roll:
Lars Bender is a player that has a big rep for the past few seasons now but I have to be honest and say that I haven't seen enough of the guy to know if he is the answer or not. What I do know is that I would take either of them over a guy that was on his way out the door just 12 months ago

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This chap is quite quick - Can't we sign him as a winger??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34033953

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ky-sources

He's there to get now

Watched a few of his celtic games on tv a few years ago and I was well impressed with him - big, physically strong DM who likes a tackle so he ticks all the boxes for me BUT, looking for a transfer after 1 year with them is bang out of order imo. Granted for selfish reasons I would be happy for us to sign him (although I suspect some other club has already tapped him up) but a player who treats the club to brought him into the spotlight that way, would think nothing of shitting over any club regardless of the size of said club :evil:
he's been there 2 years; this is his third season with the Saints.

If he has ambitions (and talent) to play at a higher level then there's no problem in asking to leave or not signing a new contract. He hasn't bad mouthed Southampton (as far as I know) nor gone on strike so I'm not sure he's done anything wrong to be fair.

I reckon he'll end up at Sp*rs if he leaves :(

My bad :oops: :oops: :oops:

Have to say BDB, that we need a ball winner pure and simple - yes if he has technical ability too then it is so much the better, but first and foremost we need a big physical ball winner who plays the position with discipline and that sums up wanyama imo. Maybe there is better DM's out there but I don't know if le cock would spend the money required to buy the players that "are not for sale" :roll:
Lars Bender is a player that has a big rep for the past few seasons now but I have to be honest and say that I haven't seen enough of the guy to know if he is the answer or not. What I do know is that I would take either of them over a guy that was on his way out the door just 12 months ago

According to the Sunday People we will make an 18m bid for bender before the transfer window closes,and the sun says Wenger will also make a bid for Cavani.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

You saying he wasn't an upgrade on what we've got...

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Wanyama is exactly the player we need which is also the exact reason why we won't get him. The bloke is 10 times the player that Coquelin is and having spent years in England and Scotland isn't the gamble on the physical side that someone from Spain would be in that position. £16m is chicken shit in the present crazy market.....so not even a dizzying price for our Head of Economics to get flustered about !
Yes but SteveO he isn't "better than what we have" and Arsene's new policy is that unless he's signing a super-quality top class player, then he won't bother at all! So unless Pogba or a cryciogenically frozen Ruud Gullit are "available" then it's Zinedine Coquelin in the middle all the way! Besides have you learnt nothing? Wanyama has not been declared officially for sale by his club so he cannot be bought! Players are only ever sold if the club declares on a loudspeaker at a town hall that they are! Arsene's and the scouts are working day and night, 24/7 to bring us the next Sanogo/Mertesacker!

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Thank God Wally and Giroud got that massive cash! Saves us from "dizzying" prices
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Mate its cryogenics :wink:

Ever been to anger management classes btw :wink:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

g88ner wrote:One of the things that always makes me laugh is how differently people rate players.

On this one page of the transfer thread, we've got some people saying Wanyama is an upgrade on Coquelin and exactly what we need and others saying he's actually pretty useless and should be nowhere near a club like Arsenal.
- Now I have no idea if I should be disappointed or not bothered about his likely move to Sp*rs :? :lol:

Having never seen most of these players play more than once or twice, I'm relying on you guys to keep me up to speed on who is and isn't good enough :x :lol:

I must say, I worry that Flamini's refusal to leave this summer (surprise, surprise - his career has revolved around bench warming on high wages) on top of the new contract for Arteta may stop Wenger signing a midfielder. :?

In other news, I see we're being linked to Lars Bender again :lol: dare I ask if people think he's good enough? :shock:
I saw the Lars Bender report. It's hilarious. Apparently our fantastic scouting department has had him "watched". God knows what they'd learn about Leverkusen's best player, having bid £18m for him 2 seasons ago. Thankfully, I saw that wily Arsene is going to go back in with a renewed bid of....
£18 million! :barscarf: :barscarf:

He can be added to that huge summer list of players who "aren't good enough" for the Arsenal this summer:

Benzema (no better than Giroud LMFAO)
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Jackson Martinez
Wanyama
Pedro

Next up: why Neymar wouldn't really be any better than Walcott
:lol:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
g88ner wrote:One of the things that always makes me laugh is how differently people rate players.

On this one page of the transfer thread, we've got some people saying Wanyama is an upgrade on Coquelin and exactly what we need and others saying he's actually pretty useless and should be nowhere near a club like Arsenal.
- Now I have no idea if I should be disappointed or not bothered about his likely move to Sp*rs :? :lol:

Having never seen most of these players play more than once or twice, I'm relying on you guys to keep me up to speed on who is and isn't good enough :x :lol:

I must say, I worry that Flamini's refusal to leave this summer (surprise, surprise - his career has revolved around bench warming on high wages) on top of the new contract for Arteta may stop Wenger signing a midfielder. :?

In other news, I see we're being linked to Lars Bender again :lol: dare I ask if people think he's good enough? :shock:
I saw the Lars Bender report. It's hilarious. Apparently our fantastic scouting department has had him "watched". God knows what they'd learn about Leverkusen's best player, having bid £18m for him 2 seasons ago. Thankfully, I saw that wily Arsene is going to go back in with a renewed bid of....
£18 million! :barscarf: :barscarf:

He can be added to that huge summer list of players who "aren't good enough" for the Arsenal this summer:

Benzema (no better than Giroud LMFAO)
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Jackson Martinez
Wanyama
Pedro

Next up: why Neymar wouldn't really be any better than Walcott
:lol:

S3aninLondon

Post by S3aninLondon »

Benzema not in today's squad. Is he injured or is that a sign that he's moving... To manure? Since Wenker will no doubt baulk at spending that much money. :banghead: