The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

enjibenji wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Neville did not say anything that has not been said on here, and fair play to him.
It's about time the gormless hacks from the press that sit rimming Wenger every Friday grew a pair and like Neville and a few other of his TV counterparts actually grilled Wenger on his blatant shortcomings.

I wont hold my breath though :roll:
100 % agree rodders and ill be honest seeing henry trying to defend him was horribly cringe worthy
Henry pisses me off (tin hat) 80% of the time I see him.

When is he going to stop pointing out that he played for barcelona ffs!

augie

Post by augie »

DB10, I too am surprised (and disappointed) at henry's perceived lack of respect towards cesc :(

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What did he say? I don't watch the cuunts after the game or even the half time cuunts for that matter :wink:

I posted this on the match thread prior to kick off -

Hell of a debate in the sky sports studio with henry, carragher and rat faced Neville - Neville is absolutely slating le cock over his refusal in the past decade to buy a physically dominating midfielder. He says that he acknowledges the lack of money available to him, but he highlighted a list of short arsed lightweight midfielders that he bought and he suggested that it is arrogance on le cocks behalf that he thinks that he can out football everyone :roll: Of course henry disagreed and used the word "belief" (wenker disciple and all that :roll: ) instead of arrogance and suggested that coquelin and cazorla are good enough to win the league :oops: Carragher might have played less of a role in the debate but he agreed with neville 8)

Henry was asked why le cock changed his system from the old 4-4-2 with two powerful midfielders, to what we are seeing in recent years - henry said that the change in mentality was when cesc came along and tbh I didn't like the way that he said it. He could have said that it changed because cesc was a class footballer that wenker built the team around to maximise his talent, but he never referred to his ability and talent, and just said that the change was all down to cesc :x
Again Neville pulled him on this and pointed out that moaninho bought cesc but put him alongside a dominant matic so that they would get the best out of cesc, and suggested that we could have done that instead of putting him alongside two small players in a bid to compensate the lack of 1 physical DM

Thats 5 minutes I'll never get back :? :lol:

Only kidding, thanks guys for the replies, tbf I think every man woman and child knows this but it won't change a feckin thing, wenger has dug his 5 grand heels in and won't be changing.

I don't think I can be arsed with this season, might take up supporting a ladies beach volleyball team, that way I couldn't give a rats arse who wins or loses :barscarf:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Seems to be a fair enough report on Arsenal

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2552 ... chequebook

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

swimmer1 wrote:Seems to be a fair enough report on Arsenal

thats a good article and backs up what I have been thinking about what is going on at the club.
basically we are NOT trying to win the league or CL. ok if that's the club's view then I will accept that BUT what I will not accept is to pay the highest prices in the league and being told that we are trying to compete. It is a complete con.

so I have stopped going and really have no desire to go with the current regime in charge.
those who keep going, well done for helping to prop up this regime. keep paying top prices even though the club are not really trying to compete. if you are happy with that then I suppose fair enough.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

thats a good article and backs up what I have been thinking about what is going on at the club.
basically we are NOT trying to win the league or CL. ok if that's the club's view then I will accept that BUT what I will not accept is to pay the highest prices in the league and being told that we are trying to compete. It is a complete con.

so I have stopped going and really have no desire to go with the current regime in charge.
those who keep going, well done for helping to prop up this regime. keep paying top prices even though the club are not really trying to compete. if you are happy with that then I suppose fair enough.
I think most rational minded fans knew that was beyond debate about 6 seasons ago.
Every spring the most important task Wenger sees is qualifying for the next CL instead of thinking about winning the current one.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Like him,hate him...personal choice but Gary Neville was spot on. This has been going on for years now. Arrogance is exactly the right word to describe Wenger. Us plebs know where we are lacking and have done so for ages.....he knows better apparantly...the p@@@@ :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Last edited by Lee1 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Looks like Illarramendi is available for £15m. Would it be worth a punt to replace Captain Flamoney and the aging Arteta?

Probably not; this is Wenger we’re dealing with, but we have a week left in the transfer window and we are desperately short of a quality striker to replace Giroud and a defensively-minded midfielder to replace/rotate/cover Coquelin.

If he signs no-one this forum will be a figurative bloodbath on Sep 1.

SURELY THE SILLY OLD DUFFER WILL STRENGHTEN THE SQUAD?

Midz

Post by Midz »

officepest wrote: If he signs no-one this forum will be a figurative bloodbath on Sep 1.

SURELY THE SILLY OLD DUFFER WILL STRENGHTEN THE SQUAD?
Not really, mate. Just simply copy n paste all posts from last year into a new thread and it'll save us all posting this season because it's going to be exactly the same as the last and the one before that. The only exception being we might not win a cup this year.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

224 pages 1 signing. A record?

if he fails to sign a decent striker or dm (1 of the 2 at the least) this is his worst transfer window ever. no one can excuse him.

hes made me hate him and lose interest in my club

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we'll sign some no mark kid on a free on the 31st and wenger will be beaming like a fucking cheshire fucking cat about it.

:oops:

Midz

Post by Midz »

the playing mantis wrote:
hes made me hate him and lose interest in my club

I never thought I'd feel this way but like you I have exactly the same feelings towards the club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Neville did not say anything that has not been said on here, and fair play to him.
It's about time the gormless hacks from the press that sit rimming Wenger every Friday grew a pair and like Neville and a few other of his TV counterparts actually grilled Wenger on his blatant shortcomings.

Gary Neville is one of the biggest turncoat wankers out there when it comes to Wenger.

Anybody remember his wankathon after the Miracle of St James' barely two years ago? The bloke praised Wenger to high heaven for doing 'exactly the right thing' given our stadium move. Said we were in the perfect position. All of a sudden Gary Neville is a football financial expert? The bloke who had previously consistently hammered home the point that profits aren't trophies (correctly). The bloke who happily perpetuated this 'men against boys' assessment and who has said that they knew they had us beaten before we even stepped out in the pitch in his final years.

And now the bloke is now saying that Wenger's ego has severely cost us for over a decade. Hammering Wenger is just flavour of the month, he'll soon lose interest.

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Gary Neville is one of the biggest turncoat wankers out there when it comes to Wenger.

Anybody remember his wankathon after the Miracle of St James' barely two years ago? The bloke praised Wenger to high heaven for doing 'exactly the right thing' given our stadium move. Said we were in the perfect position. All of a sudden Gary Neville is a football financial expert? The bloke who had previously consistently hammered home the point that profits aren't trophies (correctly). The bloke who happily perpetuated this 'men against boys' assessment and who has said that they knew they had us beaten before we even stepped out in the pitch in his final years.

And now the bloke is now saying that Wenger's ego has severely cost us for over a decade. Hammering Wenger is just flavour of the month, he'll soon lose interest.
more like flavor of the decade on here :lol:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

I'm not happy we're going through the same shit again following all bollox a we're now making money etc etc..... But unfortunately as only probably 5,000 feel the same its pointless even moaning in the ground ..... I'd have been banned by now if I reacted to most of the shit aimed my way following a few fuck off wengers etc etc.... Like last night! but last night was very different.... I just hope the *word censored* is a season ticket holder.... I'm willing to bet he won't be looking at me again :wink: wanker. ..... Or better still if anyone reading this has a sore head ... You know were I sit :mrgreen: wanker