The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by T.S »

Just need to get this off of my chest. I'll go back to watching from afar and never posting when I'm done.

Perhaps I'm deluded and perhaps this is just the same as it has been for years, but this feels a bit like a watershed moment. I think people who suffer from addiction call it a "moment of clarity."

See, I've watched The Arsenal when we were shit. Proper shit. I can live with us being shit. I can even live with us not signing anyone and showing no ambition. I can live with fourth place and I can live with going out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage every fucking year. It's annoying, but I've chosen to support a team who play a game. That's the thing with games - sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't.

What makes this all impossible to take is the ticket prices. As I'm sure you all know, our stadium move was supposed to propel us into the stratosphere of European football enabling us to compete with the upper echelons. Sure, we've got a bigger stadium and our ticket prices are eye-wateringly high, but it's all for the good of the team. Right?

I won't bore you with how it all turned out because you all know the story. I suppose I should be thankful because, since I moved out to the States five years ago, not being able to attend The Arsenal has been a bitter pill to swallow, but the longer and longer this shit goes on for, the less and less sore I feel about it. If I were still living in Enfield I'd like to think I would have stopped going by now as a form of protest but I probably wouldn't. At least this way around I have no choice in the matter.

Yes, I'm geographically detached from it now, but it still annoys me. My dad, uncle and brother still go. They're still paying the highest prices in the country (I think I read the highest prices in Europe somewhere) - which would be fine if our board and manager had ambitions lofty enough to match the ticket prices. But they don't, and they won't.

Thankfully due to the globalization of football, most Arsenal fans these days don't give a fuck about the ticket prices, because it makes no difference to them. We have one of the biggest followings in Asia, don't you know? We've got 6.25 million followers on Twitter, so who gives a shit what a few thousand people who attend matches think? The beauty of having a global fanbase is that the fans who actually attend games and pay for tickets are a HUGE minority. Therefore their views and opinions will always be drowned out. No one in a senior position at the club will be held accountable for the fleecing of the fans and the whole thing will carry on ad infinitum. Though I want him gone, a different manager will not change the course of this train, chums.

To be clear: I am not simply whining about the lack of signings. I don't mind us signing no one. But do we really need to be charged an arm and a leg to watch this bullshit unfurl each year? Do we need to pay the highest ticket prices in the country/Europe in order to always be two or three players short?

Please accept my sincerest apologies for my ramblings. You may all now return to talking about that girl on Sky's tits :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

kiwomya wrote:From the BBC's David Ornstein:
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Very unlikely #AFC will make any signings today. Explored options but nothing was close & almost certainly no ins or outs now #DeadlineDay
BBC haS just iterated this AGAIN. Oh well, may as well lock this bastard.

Mind you, the same bloke said the same thing last year and we ended up with . . . Welbeck. :oops:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

blob:https%3A//vine.co/b0725725-b4d1-40bc-b655-810a52390ea0

nicked off twitter

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Im just going to throw the following name out there in Jean Kevin augustin. He's French, he's young, and we want him on a loan so fits the bill perfectly, lets watch this space so to speak

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

T.S wrote:Just need to get this off of my chest. I'll go back to watching from afar and never posting when I'm done.

Perhaps I'm deluded and perhaps this is just the same as it has been for years, but this feels a bit like a watershed moment. I think people who suffer from addiction call it a "moment of clarity."

See, I've watched The Arsenal when we were shit. Proper shit. I can live with us being shit. I can even live with us not signing anyone and showing no ambition. I can live with fourth place and I can live with going out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage every fucking year. It's annoying, but I've chosen to support a team who play a game. That's the thing with games - sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't.

What makes this all impossible to take is the ticket prices. As I'm sure you all know, our stadium move was supposed to propel us into the stratosphere of European football enabling us to compete with the upper echelons. Sure, we've got a bigger stadium and our ticket prices are eye-wateringly high, but it's all for the good of the team. Right?

I won't bore you with how it all turned out because you all know the story. I suppose I should be thankful because, since I moved out to the States five years ago, not being able to attend The Arsenal has been a bitter pill to swallow, but the longer and longer this shit goes on for, the less and less sore I feel about it. If I were still living in Enfield I'd like to think I would have stopped going by now as a form of protest but I probably wouldn't. At least this way around I have no choice in the matter.

Yes, I'm geographically detached from it now, but it still annoys me. My dad, uncle and brother still go. They're still paying the highest prices in the country (I think I read the highest prices in Europe somewhere) - which would be fine if our board and manager had ambitions lofty enough to match the ticket prices. But they don't, and they won't.

Thankfully due to the globalization of football, most Arsenal fans these days don't give a fuck about the ticket prices, because it makes no difference to them. We have one of the biggest followings in Asia, don't you know? We've got 6.25 million followers on Twitter, so who gives a shit what a few thousand people who attend matches think? The beauty of having a global fanbase is that the fans who actually attend games and pay for tickets are a HUGE minority. Therefore their views and opinions will always be drowned out. No one in a senior position at the club will be held accountable for the fleecing of the fans and the whole thing will carry on ad infinitum. Though I want him gone, a different manager will not change the course of this train, chums.

To be clear: I am not simply whining about the lack of signings. I don't mind us signing no one. But do we really need to be charged an arm and a leg to watch this bullshit unfurl each year? Do we need to pay the highest ticket prices in the country/Europe in order to always be two or three players short?

Please accept my sincerest apologies for my ramblings. You may all now return to talking about that girl on Sky's tits :barscarf:
Great post, TS. 8)

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

Christ, how on earth does Wenger think your current squad will challenge Chelsea and City for the title? Is he that deluded?

The thing is, he's had a perfect chance to go and strengthen Arsenal and then kick on towards a title and maybe do something in the CL, now that Fergie has gone, Mourinho is having 3rd season syndrome etc.

City fans are pissing their pants - everyone around them are shite, and I include us (Man Utd) in that as well.

augie

Post by augie »

Derek Acorah wrote:Christ, how on earth does Wenger think your current squad will challenge Chelsea and City for the title? Is he that deluded?

The thing is, he's had a perfect chance to go and strengthen Arsenal and then kick on towards a title and maybe do something in the CL, now that Fergie has gone, Mourinho is having 3rd season syndrome etc.

City fans are pissing their pants - everyone around them are shite, and I include us (Man Utd) in that as well.

There is a large number of Gooners who do firmly believe the rumour that le cock is on a bonus for making a transfer profit - the number of fans believing that is increasing with every transfer window :cry:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:Christ, how on earth does Wenger think your current squad will challenge Chelsea and City for the title? Is he that deluded?

There is a large number of Gooners who do firmly believe the rumour that le cock is on a bonus for making a transfer profit - the number of fans believing that is increasing with every transfer window :cry:
Come on Augie give the guy some slack, do you know how much those quilted coats cost :roll: :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There is a large section of our fan base that treat our lack of transfer activity as a badge of honour. We apparently "do things the right way". We take the moral high ground with other clubs for overspending, yet these clubs do whatever it takes to win and have actual ambition. Wenger deserves the blame for this, but out fans who facilitate and support his actions are just as bad.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:This is a Job for Rodders!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34113080

:lol:
:lol:

Our Nat's on SSN but I'm keeping it in my underpants this year. Fucking depressed ta fuck :cry:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Arsenal are the only club in Europe's top 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player -@purelyfootball

S3aninLondon

Post by S3aninLondon »

No chance with Wenger signing a striker today, since he's happy with his current top goalscorer - 'Own Goal' who tops the club's scoring charts with 2 goals.

Wally and Giroud have the best jobs in the world where mediocrity is rewarded.

Wenger out!

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

augie wrote:

No way? If so, shocking!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BFG4 wrote:Arsenal are the only club in Europe's top 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player -@purelyfootball
SSN Every pl team has signed AT LEAST 5 players apart from one..... :roll: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BFG4 wrote:Arsenal are the only club in Europe's top 5 leagues not to sign an outfield player -@purelyfootball
I'm gonna start a petition to get Wenger sectioned, the fucker is certifiable.