THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
zero 6

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by zero 6 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Don't believe it........Don't under estimate the power of the fans, even in this day and age....the issue being getting enough to turn and see the light
Hate to piss on your parade, but most Arsenal fans that go anywhere near the emirates are mostly in favour of Wenger.
I go so near the Emirates that I find myself inside every time I do so...rest assured I'm SO not in favour of that Scrooge McDuck tribute act !!

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

rodders999 wrote:Sent a text to an AKB I know wondering if this cluster fuck of a window had changed his view on Le Fraud. Here's the reply -

"Jeez so you dont think the club tried to bring in a quality player you heard the boss if something exceptional comes up we will do it but you obviously want to buy for the sake of it jeez reminds me of spurs transfer policy"

And there folks is the mindset of the majority of our fanbase. For a few minutes after the window closed today I felt that Wenger had signed his own death warrant and if results go south over the coming weeks the fence sitters would turn on him. What a fucking idiot I am.
Sadly this is true.

I was ripping into Wenger on the Arsenal Scotland supporters Facebook page I am on and the grief I got from so many was unbelievable. They will do almost anything to defend him. I was slating Giroud for being the average Al that he is and someone hit back saying "remember when Anelka said that Henry wouldn't be good enough for Arsenal?"

How can you win against these people :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

rodders999 wrote:Sent a text to an AKB I know wondering if this cluster fuck of a window had changed his view on Le Fraud. Here's the reply -

"Jeez so you dont think the club tried to bring in a quality player you heard the boss if something exceptional comes up we will do it but you obviously want to buy for the sake of it jeez reminds me of spurs transfer policy"

And there folks is the mindset of the majority of our fanbase. For a few minutes after the window closed today I felt that Wenger had signed his own death warrant and if results go south over the coming weeks the fence sitters would turn on him. What a fucking idiot I am.
what your mate said nearly made me fucking launch my laptop with frustration.Arsenal F.c is supported by a bunch of crunts who deserve 4th place mediocretry until the day they die and may they bern in hell and be served 4th forever and fucking ever,i wanna cry,where has our Arsenal gone :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

My old man said much the same unsurprisingly ! He'd rather do what we did than panic buy like United......and there you have it, only 2 options. Either panic buy a pile of shite, or do nothing at all
He's in full flow now -

"Name one player that said they wanted to move club"

Just like dear old Arsene he reckons you have to wait for a player to come knocking on your door with his bags packed begging to join in order to complete a deal. Oh no Arsenal couldn't be the aggressor in any deal we' know our place - happy to be other clubs bitch when they come a knocking.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

My old man said much the same unsurprisingly ! He'd rather do what we did than panic buy like United......and there you have it, only 2 options. Either panic buy a pile of shite, or do nothing at all
There is hope.....my old man, life long Gooner, admitted after today any last remnants of AKB....which has been waning in fairness....long gone. He now despises the :censored: as much as me :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The one consolation in this transfer window is that new Messiah Pochettino might as well start packing his suitcase and clearing out his locker now, because there is not a fucking chance in hell that the Scummers will finish top six. If He's Not Really One Of Our Own gets injured then they are down to wantaway Greedy and not much else. Even my local mob who are usually still in "this season we will finish above you" mode are in a state of depression and some of them predicting even a bottom half finish !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm fairly sure the Manager and other board members at Wolfsburg stated numerous time De Bruyne wasn't for sale, also fairly sure he is now a City player which kind of puts a hole in the 'Clubs wont sell their best players no matter what' excuse. :lol:

I'd actually have more respective for him if he came out and said 'We entered into talks for X player but the asking price was far too high in my opinion' at least then we fans would actually know something had been tried. This is where he has a total lack of respect or understanding of the fans.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Watching TH14 on Sky saying how "the boss" obviously tried to attract new players is as cringeworthy of his defence of the existing team the other day

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:The only hope i have for Arsenal is Wenger not signing a new contract and this will truly be his last.
Even if we win nothing these next two seasons, it will matter little, as long as we are finishing 4th and the masses are satisfied with our mediocrity, then Wenger will have no reason not to sign a new contract . As bad as it sounds, there is a possibility that we are going to be putting up with this fucker for another 10 years +.
Way to cheer everyone up there BFG4 :shock:
I also do an evening gig working with the Samaritans, never have any repeat callers for some reason :)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That's one almighty end of year bonus for Wonga in the bag! Thats the seasons priority sorted. :roll: :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

"our boss" has our fanbase brainwashed, coming out with the same tired old lines every time he is put under scrutiny. as I've said before and I will say again, I hold them in the same esteem as the mugs from N17.

fucking hell that rhymes a treat :shock: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Amazing that people are brainwashed into believing that there was not one outfield player who we could feasibly sign who would improve our squad.

Any other manager in the PL would live or die by that judgement and would be out on their arse by the end of the season when it fell flat. Not Lord Arsene though.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

TeeCee wrote:That's one almighty end of year bonus for Wonga in the bag! Thats the seasons priority sorted. :roll: :banghead:
We know the board don't give a shit about on field success, and place every decision in the hands of Wenger, so at this stage, Wenger is probably deciding his own bonuses.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ironically i've already seen Fans stating that the fact we've brought in or promoted 11 youth players as a statement of intent, average age seems to be about 16 looks like we're gonna have to wait a while for Project Wenger Mk12 to bear fruit, on the upside OGL is in for the long haul.

I've said it before but i just can't understand the mind set of those fans who are happy with mediocrity and see any criticism of Arsene as a personal attack.

I've supported and followed Arsenal up and down the country for nearly 40 years (maybe not as long as some of you old gits) and spent a fair amount of money doing so so i've experienced good times and bad times and i think by now i have at least some right to expect more from both the club and the manager.

For some reason this years transfer window has left me completely deflated, more so than previous years and as with some others on here i find myself questioning my loyalty to the club as it currently stands, it really does not feel like 'The Arsenal' any longer, it feels more like a 'Starbucks' franchise than a football club.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Summer 2008 all over again.

The Forum knew that we had to make a central midfield signing that summer, there was no way we could risk it all on Song.
But we never made that signing.