ARSENALS FINANCIAL YEAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Skooner

Re: ARSENALS FINANCIAL YEAR

Post by Skooner »

StuartL wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:It is not clear whether the £20M per year stadium repayments come out of our profit or if the profit takes into account that £20M already being paid?
Hope Swiss Rambler can investigate further to sort that one out.

It does worry me that so much of the profit is down to property sales, which have now all but come to an end.
But from this year onwards the PUMA kit deal kicks in, along with other better commercial deals.

Self sustaining is all well and good but not when average to good players are £20m and £100k a week.(more for top, top quality)

The game financially is a different world to what Wenker and the board envisaged 10 years ago.

We have no chance of bridging the gap without spending to match the big boys of Man City + Chelsea
We can't necessarily get on a complete level playing field with the biggest spenders but we can undoubtedly compete. Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund have proved it's possible, even if it isn't sustainable every season.

And that £20m debt repayment per annum is now peanuts in the football world and is now a complete non-issue with regards us competing financially or otherwise.

In the last few years the club seem to have become quite good at spinning the huge amounts of cash in the bank as being a statistical anomally which only appears that way because of the time of year that we report. But other clubs never seem to report anything like these numbers in the bank, so why is that justification not challenged more?

northbank123

Re: ARSENALS FINANCIAL YEAR

Post by northbank123 »

Agreed - whilst the playing field is not going to be entirely level necessarily they difference between us an Chelsea/City is nowhere near as great as between Dortmund and Bayern or Atletico and Real/Barca. Certainly nowhere near big enough for us to not have lodged a meaningful title bid this decade.

Long since time to stop trotting it out as a blanket excuse.

mcdowell42

Re: Silent stan with his hands in the till...

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lol beat me to it,mind you I wouldn't have started a new thread when there is already a similar thread already. :wink:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

mcdowell42 wrote:Lol beat me to it,mind you I wouldn't have started a new thread when there is already a similar thread already. :wink:
I haven't posted in a while and I was feeling needy ok

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

# mcdowell42missesoutonatwitterfeedandsulks :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Theoperator wrote:# mcdowell42missesoutonatwitterfeedandsulks :lol: :wink:

:lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can't wait for AST to express their outrage so that they can leverage a canapés and cocktail meet and greet with Ivan.

The bloke implies there that Wenger wouldn't have spent it anyway which is spot on.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is unbelievable.
so basically the bottom line is this - anyone who pays any money to Arsenal is funding an american billionaire.

why doesnt anyone stop to question why Kroenke is taking money out of the club instead of putting it in?
mind you he is probably thinking that if Wenger can get paid £8 million for doing fuck all then I might as well get £3 million for myself :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is unbelievable.
so basically the bottom line is this - anyone who pays any money to Arsenal is funding an american billionaire.

why doesnt anyone stop to question why Kroenke is taking money out of the club instead of putting it in?
mind you he is probably thinking that if Wenger can get paid £8 million for doing fuck all then I might as well get £3 million for myself :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

The part I like best is the part where they claim that “KSE is one of the most respected and successful sports organisations in the United States"...............yeah because kroenke's American sports franchises are winning all before them :roll: :evil:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Does anyone know what the 'advisory services' were, because I think a refund is in order?

If the sum is again 3 million did they provide exactly the same services?

I'd love to think the fans could get the do-nothing, robbing, football-ignorant bastard out, but evidence suggests otherwise.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GranadaJoe wrote:Does anyone know what the 'advisory services' were, because I think a refund is in order?

If the sum is again 3 million did they provide exactly the same services?

I'd love to think the fans could get the do-nothing, robbing, football-ignorant bastard out, but evidence suggests otherwise.
whilst there are thousands of Arsenal supporters quite happy to give this crook £1,000 + every year he will be going nowhere.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

It doesn't surprise me at all that he's taking money out of the club, he only became a director for one reason and that was to line his own pockets. The wealthy don't get rich by parting with money.

I worked in the States in the mid noughties and just as we were leaving, Walmart announced that their staff had to buy their own trousers that they were required to wear. These people were on a pittance without medical insurance because big companies would only employ people part time so they didn't have to provide cover.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well at least someone gets to have a bit of enjoyment from the 196 million slowly depreciating in the bank. I reckon he'll treat himself to a new syrup and a nose full of coke snorted off a prostitute's fanny.