THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BournemouthRED

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BournemouthRED »

So we play badly / lose = it's the players fault.

We play extremely well and everyone's licking wengers Arse?

The logic of AKB's really is astounding, he's not accountable for losses as the players fucked up yet we win and he's a genius?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Interesting quote and thoughts from a few old time Rugby players (Keep reading lads.... :oops: ) basically saying that Stuart Lancaster has "overcoached" his players so they didnt produce any flair. Now I am not defended Wenger here, but its interesting hearing former players criticise one coach for overdoing the coaching yet we almost all criticise AW for not coaching enough. :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Wenger is a coach? I actually thought he was a business manager :shock:

I'd get someone to check his badges in all honesty :rubchin:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

SteveO and Rodders major news for you here: tuned in to SSN this morning and saw an amazing stat: Arsenal have the most PL wins in 2015! We're already in October and with Watford away next I think you know what this means....please try to restrain your excitement but...the 2015 CYT is coming home baby!!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:SteveO and Rodders major news for you here: tuned in to SSN this morning and saw an amazing stat: Arsenal have the most PL wins in 2015! We're already in October and with Watford away next I think you know what this means....please try to restrain your excitement but...the 2015 CYT is coming home baby!!!!

Cannot believe that we are second. Indicative of the state of the PL this season as we have been for the most part, absolutely dire. If it wasn't for Sanchez........ Hell has he got some carrying ahead of him. Maybe Ramsey can be sweet talked into helping him now and again??

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BournemouthRED wrote:So we play badly / lose = it's the players fault.

The love and adulation of AKB's really is astounding, he's not accountable for losses as the players fucked up yet we win and he's a genius?

Verrily Tis So Old Chap.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:SteveO and Rodders major news for you here: tuned in to SSN this morning and saw an amazing stat: Arsenal have the most PL wins in 2015! We're already in October and with Watford away next I think you know what this means....please try to restrain your excitement but...the 2015 CYT is coming home baby!!!!

Obviously the VT is top dog when it comes to make believe silverware but I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot (har har) for the CYT. Bring it home lads :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We've got our trophy back.....we've got our trophy back

I'll be having a little 'me time' in the bath tonight dreaming about the prospect. Hopefully the club have got enough space on the club level hoardings to add the Calendar Year Trophy 2015

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

our last game of 2015 is at home to mighty Bournemouth

can you imagine the pressure on that game if we need to win to secure the Calendar Year Trophy :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:

The love and adulation of AKB's really is astounding, he's not accountable for losses as the players fucked up yet we win and he's a genius?

Verrily Tis So Old Chap.
But old chaps, when we play badly it's wengers fault but when we play very well it's the players ignoring wenger and doing their own thing (like having team meetings before the city game last season) and on the manure game thread you will see very similar things.

Just saying..... :lol:

essem

Post by essem »

The logic of AKB's really is astounding, he's not accountable for losses as the players fucked up yet we win and he's a genius?

Bias is a strange animal

The memo i received stated

Lose/badly then it's wenger's fault

Win and the players take all the glory

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

What, and you've never seen the same in reverse from people who hate Wenger? :lol:

We've all heard Wenger get the blame when we lose and not recieve credit when we win (hell, some on here have discredited Wenger's role in the 1998 double winners as it was based on Graham's defence and he didn't sign Bergkamp).

Both camps have extremists and both are equally idiotic.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Do I really have to say this again....? Dont ya get it?
Wins, losses, draws.....they are on Wenger. He's the manager. Thats it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:

What, and you've never seen the same in reverse from people who hate Wenger? :lol:

We've all heard Wenger get the blame when we lose and not recieve credit when we win (hell, some on here have discredited Wenger's role in the 1998 double winners as it was based on Graham's defence and he didn't sign Bergkamp).

Both camps have extremists and both are equally idiotic.
Thats the beauty of this forum where all opinions can be aired, however idiotic they may seem :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

armchair wrote:Do I really have to say this again....? Dont ya get it?
Wins, losses, draws.....they are on Wenger. He's the manager. Thats it.
who are you talking to? :lol: