Is the selection of mods killing this forum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Re: Is the selection of mods killing this forum

Post by QuartzGooner »

Because of work reasons am not able to post on here as much as before (Forum breathes a collective sigh of relief) hence not able to merge as many threads as before (Forum breathes another sigh of relief).

I do really try to let as much as possible go unmodded, but if something risks the Forum getting taken offline then have no option but to delete or edit posts.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:How is selling drugs,mugging old ladies and burglary a government job.

PS while this a mods thread,has itchy baba being banned for the last 2 weeks and when we lose tonight is the ban over
It will certainly seem so. :lol:

BTW - what ties up most of my time is working on the new government project to build border posts around Dublin so we can stop culchies getting into the city. 8)

That'll work for me - at least it will stop the flow of inner city Dublin scumbags who seem to all robbed out up there and are relocating down the country so that they can terrorise decent folk :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Personally, I've been promoted in work and my time on here is limited because of pointless fucking meetings. So on here I now tend to look after edits and deletes and just post a few things each day.
They've given you a mop now? :wink:

I'm going to be banned, aren't I? :lol:
:lol:

Yes. And yes. 8)

REB

Post by REB »

this thread needs boobs .

REB

Post by REB »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Funny I thought there was nothing but tits on this forum. :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:I know this subject has come up for discussion before, but I really think that the selection of mods is killing a lot of what was best in this forum - guys like spuddy, rebs, flash and TS rarely join in with the debates anymore and their sense of humour and piss taking was a vital ingrediant on here. I know that DB10 still posts but he is in a goverment job so has plenty of time to post, plus because he is a short arse midget he could probably claim some sort of discrimination if he was punished for being on here during work hours :lol:

I know that the lads spend a lot of time reading other peoples posts in a supervisory capacity so that is probably affecting their ability to post (except in flash's case as he seems to be perma fixed to that couch :roll: :wink: ) - does the forum need so much supervising ? Could they not just don their mod powers if and when a complaint has been made (I'm thinking of the outdated and sexist lefty here :lol: ) ?

I dont want to give these power hungry c,unts an inflated ego here ( :lol: ), but when you lose the characters in a forum it does affect it in a negative way. Over the last few years we have seen many quality posters disappear from here (gus being a legend, chunky and the slightly mad wayno :lol: to name just 3), so to tie up (in a non sexual way of course) the lads listed above in officialdom isnt helping imo

PS I didnt mention quartz cos he is still a regular poster albeit late at night 8)

PPS Could we not appoint mods who contribute fcuk all to the forum except jokes and sexist comments ? :wink: :barscarf:
If ever there was a backhanded compliment (that is also known as a LEFT-handed compliment :wink: ) :( :? :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

How quickly they forget. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I Hate Hleb wrote:How quickly they forget. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :wink:

Tbf hlebby, you still post here on a regular basis - saying that, I do apologise for not mentioning you :oops:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

[quote="Theoperator"]Are mods selected here :shock: I was wondering when the election was coming up :evil:

Can Augie be one, then he can post on the locked threads :rubchin:

Personally I would like Mods that dont try to ban Barry when his camera drops down a bit :barscarf:

However
Can you imagine the stress and strain in my life now since i was threatened with a Ban. I have to spend hours every day checking every single GIF to make sure that they are demure enough to post. Needless to say my eyesight is getting worse and worse :(

REB

Post by REB »

corkbarry wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Are mods selected here :shock: I was wondering when the election was coming up :evil:

Personally I would like Mods that dont try to ban Barry when his camera drops down a bit :barscarf:

However
Can you imagine the stress and strain in my life now since i was threatened with a Ban. I have to spend hours every day checking every single GIF to make sure that they are demure enough to post. Needless to say my eyesight is getting worse and worse :(
I'll protect you from the bad mods :mrgreen:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:How quickly they forget. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :wink:

Tbf hlebby, you still post here on a regular basis - saying that, I do apologise for not mentioning you :oops:
That's okay mate. 8) Just saw it as an opportunity to crack a quick joke, as is my wont. :oops: Even I don't post as often as I used to because everything has been said at least a million times during the past 5 years or so. There is only so much headbanging a man can do (unless you're braziliangooner, where each headbang is at least worth money!! :wink: ) Plus as other peoples contributions generally cover my thoughts I don't feel the need to put my own up as often. 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

corkbarry wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Are mods selected here :shock: I was wondering when the election was coming up :evil:

However
Can you imagine the stress and strain in my life now since i was threatened with a Ban. I have to spend hours every day checking every single GIF to make sure that they are demure enough to post. Needless to say my eyesight is getting worse and worse
:(
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:I know this subject has come up for discussion before, but I really think that the selection of mods is killing a lot of what was best in this forum - guys like spuddy, rebs, flash and TS rarely join in with the debates anymore and their sense of humour and piss taking was a vital ingrediant on here. I know that DB10 still posts but he is in a goverment job so has plenty of time to post, plus because he is a short arse midget he could probably claim some sort of discrimination if he was punished for being on here during work hours :lol:

I know that the lads spend a lot of time reading other peoples posts in a supervisory capacity so that is probably affecting their ability to post (except in flash's case as he seems to be perma fixed to that couch :roll: :wink: ) - does the forum need so much supervising ? Could they not just don their mod powers if and when a complaint has been made (I'm thinking of the outdated and sexist lefty here :lol: ) ?

I dont want to give these power hungry c,unts an inflated ego here ( :lol: ), but when you lose the characters in a forum it does affect it in a negative way. Over the last few years we have seen many quality posters disappear from here (gus being a legend, chunky and the slightly mad wayno :lol: to name just 3), so to tie up (in a non sexual way of course) the lads listed above in officialdom isnt helping imo

PS I didnt mention quartz cos he is still a regular poster albeit late at night 8)

PPS Could we not appoint mods who contribute fcuk all to the forum except jokes and sexist comments ? :wink: :barscarf:
Are you still here :roll: