Messi and The Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Messi and The Arsenal

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:So a 4 time CL winner, and a treble winner last season is going to leave one of the best clubs in the world to join a club whose only ambition is to be in the CL. If Messi ever contemplated a move like this then he should be sectioned immediately.
Or he could be the player that moves us from a big club to one of the elite clubs in world football. We need a player that makes the difference. We are ready...are the directors bold enough to take the risk and make that move for one of only 2 players in the world that can make that difference.
Having already admitted that he is 1 of the 2 or 3 players in world football that we can't (won't) afford, unless like Arteta he is willing to take a pay cut ?

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:So a 4 time CL winner, and a treble winner last season is going to leave one of the best clubs in the world to join a club whose only ambition is to be in the CL. If Messi ever contemplated a move like this then he should be sectioned immediately.
Or he could be the player that moves us from a big club to one of the elite clubs in world football. We need a player that makes the difference. We are ready...are the directors bold enough to take the risk and make that move for one of only 2 players in the world that can make that difference.

Probably the best player in the world for the past decade and there isn't a team anywhere that he wouldn't improve, but he would need to be able to also play DM and center back for him to "make the difference" for us :(

armchair

Post by armchair »

Apparantley theres only two players in the world that can "make the difference" for us. Our squad really must be that good. :shock:

Thats Wengerspeak excuses right there. :roll:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Nos89 wrote:
By elite do you mean a team with an average finish of 4th in the league for a decade and a disgraceful record in the CL. Signing Messi would kill Feo :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Why would Messi want to come to Arsenal? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

casgooner wrote:Why would Messi want to come to Arsenal? :?
He'll only come to The Arsenal when he is good and ready and over 40 well past it and then and only then will he be the super, super quality that wenger and his team of talent(less) scouts are looking for 25 hours a day 367 days a year..every waking and sleeping hour they are OUT THERE loooking for the next Santos, Cygan, Gibbs, Denilson (***)...so worry not ...Arsene is on the job (with a frog rapper dj)

:?

(***)

And here's the proof

essem

Post by essem »

Would i take a 5% increase on my season ticket for Messi? Hell yeah!!

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Messi now wants to go to Citeh for 800k per week. City would pay that. Greed knows no bounds. I'm for one am just getting sick of it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The guy is one of the best sportsmen the planet has seen in modern times. He has done absolutely everything with Barcelona, played the game at an incessantly unbelievable level and provided phenomenal entertainment value.

On top of that although I do not watch Spanish football generally, I have seen so many games where he has been kicked time and time again, and he just gets back up and gets on with the game without a word. He's taken some ridiculous stick just because he hasn't single-handedly won Argentina any world cups for years now, and again just keeps his silence and gets on with playing football.

He could easily spend another three or four years at Barca sweeping aside all before him as he has done for almost a decade before pissing off to Qatar to line his pockets even further. That would be the easy option. If he wants to come to a league which although technically inferior is still incredibly competitive and I would wager far more testing for a top player, where he will come off black and blue every week as thugs, pundits and managers alike decide that the only way to stop him is to kick him, risk diminishing his golden legacy, to a team which notoriously over-relies on key players and is full of divas with egos, I'm not gonna slate the guy for that.