Sunderland FA cup Sat 9th 1500

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
casgooner

Re: Sunderland FA cup Sat 9th 1500

Post by casgooner »

safcftm wrote:Ah well, the expected result in the end, although at least we made a game of it despite a lot of changes. Both got more impetus things to worry about like, best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you at least win the league
Cheers, you had a good first half and some very decent chances. Your team didn't let you down.
Last edited by casgooner on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

safcftm wrote:Ah well, the expected result in the end, although at least we made a game of it despite a lot of changes. Both got more impetus things to worry about like, best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you at least win the league

8)
I hope ye stay up,always had a soft spot for Sunderland

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

corkbarry wrote:

8)
I hope ye stay up,always had a soft spot for Sunderland

As do I ... Easiest away day of the year for me

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Very happy to get through to the next round without any injuries or a pesky replay.

Scored three good goals - all of them came from us playing with tempo and moving the ball at pace rather than passing the ball in the final third at walking pace. One big advantage from the tactical mess that comes with playing 4 wingers in the starting XI.

Very promising performance from Bellerin as well.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Prince Harry and that young lad in goal played well for you guys. :D

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

Thanks to Chippy for the decent links. Top man.
:barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Monkeymaw wrote:Thanks to Chippy for the decent links. Top man.
Remember be careful who you share with. I'll be mega pissed off if it gets shut down.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Seconded :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Chippy wrote:
Remember be careful who you share with. I'll be mega pissed off if it gets shut down.
I shall just refer any requests for the link to you.
Last edited by casgooner on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Cheers lads, yeah we played okay tbh, Watmore is a decent young lad and Pickford in goal is a big prospect (spurs and man united linked already but if we can offer first team football we can hopefully keep him for now). At least we didn't disgrace ourselves, to be fair even at half pace your lot are just a class apart, mint passing and movement, not much you can do about it. Think you've genuinely got a shot at winning the title, both yourselves and city are unplayable on your day, maybe a good addition or two and you can easily get it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Cracking game, really good second half from us and surely we've got the best right wing back in the country ?

Lets hope we're there in May for three in a row

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

Chippy wrote:
I ain't sharing shit. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:How is that not a penalty? Why would Giroud suddenly dive on the floor as he's about to shoot from 8 yards?

Ref just too much of a coward to give the accompanying red card.

Ref got it right ,replay showed Giroud actually kicked the ground 1st and fell over .

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:How is that not a penalty? Why would Giroud suddenly dive on the floor as he's about to shoot from 8 yards?

Ref just too much of a coward to give the accompanying red card.

Ref got it right ,replay showed Giroud actually kicked the ground 1st and fell over .
So you're telling me he had a free shot 8 yards out and he somehow fails to make contact with the ball???

Jesus wept - just waiting for one of his staunch apologists to come on here defending him because of that tap-in which Bellerin crafted for him. Meanwhile Aguero apparently scored another truly class goal from nowhere for City to open the scoring there today.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I sure am,I thought it was a pen,but replay showed he kicked the ground 1st :lol: