Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:How many times today has Giroud tried a fancy flick and given the ball straight to the opposition? Must be at least a half dozen times. I

Ramsey has shared his skills then... :roll: :banghead:
Thought he had a great game at Anfield but since then he's been extremely poor. He has zero pressure on his place which doesn't help things either as no matter how shit he plays he ain't getting dropped for Wally.
He seems to have put a hold on the flicks etc - which improves him game greatly...............Unfortunately Giroud and the OX seem to have taken up the baton... :? :banghead:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Walcott?? Ha ha ha ha and that fucking imposter of a footballer thinks he's a striker :lol: :lol:
How often do you see a striker with all the time in the world try to take it round the keeper and fail so miserably? The bloke is a complete and utter fraud.

In the hat and that's what counts. Worrying though that since City the only half-decent performance we've put in was at Stoke and that was only really acceptable because of the circumstances with injuries and our record up there.
I like theo, but that was embarrassing.

He is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't expect him to have the best touch or passing, even dribbling in the team. But he is expected to score goals and he has not been producing anything of late bar the wondergoal against city.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Have to say early days admittedly but at first sight Elneny looks a really strange signing

Yes he seems to pass the ball well enough and strikes the ball well, but unless he's hiding other qualities does not look what we need

Looks very light weight for a midfield role in the premiership, he will until he bulks up a bit get pushed around like a rag doll in the middle of the park, as i say looks a strange choice....ah well Arsene Knows :shock:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

arseofacrow wrote:Rosicky back for his mandatory 4 months. Must be a contract thing.

:barscarf: :D
The white Diaby is back for his customary 5 games a season.

you know that woman who tried to claim that lottery win when she didnt have a ticket well Rosicky has won the lottery without a ticket since 2006.Any idea when the date of his testimonial is? Maybe he can have a joint one with Walnutt :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Supagoon wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Walcott?? Ha ha ha ha and that fucking imposter of a footballer thinks he's a striker :lol: :lol:
How often do you see a striker with all the time in the world try to take it round the keeper and fail so miserably? The bloke is a complete and utter fraud.

In the hat and that's what counts. Worrying though that since City the only half-decent performance we've put in was at Stoke and that was only really acceptable because of the circumstances with injuries and our record up there.
I like theo, but that was embarrassing.

He is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't expect him to have the best touch or passing, even dribbling in the team. But he is expected to score goals and he has not been producing anything of late bar the wondergoal against city.
Is there some in-house sweepstake up for grabs at the end of the season for who can turn in the most consistently despcable performances for us?

I think Theo is a decent player (no more, no less) but he's getting on my fucking bollocks too now; if you saw him playing his trade in league two now you'd openly mock how shit he was.

We aren't scoring enough goals and we defend like a bunch of drunks who have had their feet nailed to the floor, which is worrying.

armchair

Post by armchair »

I agree about Theo. Ive defended him in the past but he s starting to get on my tits now. :|

Sean

Post by Sean »

donaldo71 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Rosicky back for his mandatory 4 months. Must be a contract thing.

:barscarf: :D
The white Diaby is back for his customary 5 games a season.

you know that woman who tried to claim that lottery win when she didnt have a ticket well Rosicky has won the lottery without a ticket since 2006.Any idea when the date of his testimonial is? Maybe he can have a joint one with Walnutt :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This summer.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Brilliant result, moderate performance.
Job done and let's hope for a decent away with a good allocation.
Leeds away on a Saturday would be perfect.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Redarmy wrote:Have to say early days admittedly but at first sight Elneny looks a really strange signing

Yes he seems to pass the ball well enough and strikes the ball well, but unless he's hiding other qualities does not look what we need

Looks very light weight for a midfield role in the premiership, he will until he bulks up a bit get pushed around like a rag doll in the middle of the park, as i say looks a strange choice....ah well Arsene Knows :shock:
Your first five words covered it. He has played one game.

I thought he looked decent given it was his first game in England, I expect he will play a fair bit going forward.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Elneny seems to be a box to box guy like Ramsey. Which is fine, and he played okay, but that's not what we really need in this team.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LaughingGooner wrote:Brilliant result, moderate performance.
Job done and let's hope for a decent away with a good allocation.
Leeds away on a Saturday would be perfect.
You having a laugh, LEEDS away? thats a trip to hell mate

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

skizz_b wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Have to say early days admittedly but at first sight Elneny looks a really strange signing

Your first five words covered it. He has played one game.

I thought he looked decent given it was his first game in England, I expect he will play a fair bit going forward.

Hope it works out for him, but strange that we are scouting the world for talent and arrive with Elneny, looks a squad player

Midz

Post by Midz »

Sean wrote: It would be nice to one day watch an Arsenal game without it being fucking torture to watch. Hey ho.
That's exactly how i feel about every game now.
Had to work today so didn't see the match but will check out MOTD.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote: Had to work today so didn't see the match
Lucky bastard :lol:

:wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Midz wrote: Had to work today so didn't see the match
Lucky bastard :lol: