THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I actually hate the man now. There's no respect left for him and the way he treats the club and fans. I've said for years that he's a spineless, arrogant, egotistical *word censored* that is incapable for thinking about anyone other than himself. The man has no morals, no principles and if he does care about the club as much as he claims he does, he should be banging down doors to get players in. He is like a truly despicable dictator who should be using his enormous power and influence for good but chooses to use it for his own selfish ends. Just fuck off, you snide old *word censored*.
If it wasn't about him, he'd have pissed off some time ago. Remember that back in 2009 h said he'd be a failure of he hadn't won the league or CL by 2011. His words. We could have got Pep - you think he was desperate to live in Manchester when he could be in London, a city he has much love for? Please.

Wenger has been given 12 years to turn Arsenal into a giant of the game but instead all he's succeeded in doing is lowering expectations so much that fans get excited about some camel farmer from Swiss football signing. He's earned a packet and had absolute power over a decade - his signings, his transfer policy, his wage bill, his training methods. It ain't like Pochettino down the road who's working with a load of players that aren't his and hasn't spent money. There's no excuses.

Instead of buggering off though, the more he fails the more entrenched he becomes.
Look at the managers that have been available since 2012 we've missed out on:

Pep
Ancelotti
Klopp

We will miss out on Simeone also.

As the club continues to fail miserably in Europe and in the league, this c*** is out doing fashion photo shoots and claiming "I am an enabler of all that is beautiful in man". Yes it wasn't Jesus Christ or David Brent that said this. It was Monsieur Trou du Cul. Mr "I'm about morality" (except when getting caught with his dinkle in some rapper tart). Against "dizzying" wages but happy to renegotiate a fat salary for himself.

We were told for years by his Legion of Spunk-nuggets that "the austerity years" held him back. As managers like Klopp and Simeone have proved, excuses about resources are for losers. Football is 11 v 11. Look at the top of the PL then try explain oil money Leicester perhaps? :rubchin: :roll:

Let's get one thing clear. Wenger doesn't give a shit about this club. It's his Plaything. His arrogance and dismissal of criticism, his "if Messi knocks on my door"...he currently has £200m cash in the bank and has signed one joke outfield player in over a year. What's the excuse now then? And who's to say he didn't have funds before but chose not to spend? If he spends like LVG does then he's accountable for failure. And if there's one thing he won't do, it's being accountable. So instead he lacks the squad with weak wankers like Mert, Gibbs, motormouth Wankpot, Giroud, etc etc. People happy to collect coin without achieving much and won't rock the boat. That's what we are. 9 spineless pussies with 2 gladiators in Cech and Sanchez - who were coached and developed elsewhere.

Joke. Even when he's in a coffin the AKBs will ask who we could replace him with :roll:
Absolutely spot on, old chap. Every word you say there is true. The man is a fraud, a coward, a fantasist, a vain, narcissistic, megalomaniac, sociopathic.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The french muppet is going to do it again. He is going to take us to a fight for 4th when we were supposed to have been fighting for the title.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Well that showed Southampton didn't it...Tactics eh!?

The cuntt doesn't even know the word.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We're going to finish 6th in a one horse race :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wilson wrote:The french muppet is going to do it again. He is going to take us to a fight for 4th when we were supposed to have been fighting for the title.
It will get worse too as we go to United, Everton, Spurs and Barcelona within 3 weeks. But when we recover from 5th to a 3rd-place finish he will somehow spin it as something other than unforgivable failure.

Koeman is another manager who has his number, just like Pochettino, Mourinho and Pulis for a start.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Looks like we're on course for an even worse title bottling than 2010-11 :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

fuck it, hope this is the year where, y'know, the bad thing happens.

we were lucky to avoid "the bad thing" happening twice, on the last day of the season. the first time this crisis was averted at the hawthorns, I was there, and it was truly a great day.

we are four years down the line, and yet wenger is has still got the sheep masses at the bowl pacified with his pathetic lack of management. it has become clear to me that "the bad thing" will inevitably have to happen, for change to take its course.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Has Wenger succeed in lowering expectations so much, than simply qualifying for the CL is considered success? The idea of a league title has been sold as a pipe dream we should not expect. Yet why shouldnt Arsenal fans expect to win the league, given the players we have, and the money we have.

He cant sign a contract if we fall of the pace and end up in a fight for 4th. His managing Arsenal shouldnt be unconditional, he needs to meet a certain standard. With Leicester and Tottenham higher than us, we cant keep pretending we need Wenger to keep us competitive on 'our resources', given our resources dwarf Tottenham and Leicester. We need to stop talking like we owe Wenger, because the truth is, with the platform Arsenal provide him, we should be doing much better.

He is failing as a manger of this club. No doubt aobut it.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:fuck it, hope this is the year where, y'know, the bad thing happens.

we were lucky to avoid "the bad thing" happening twice, on the last day of the season. the first time this crisis was averted at the hawthorns, I was there, and it was truly a great day.

we are four years down the line, and yet wenger is has still got the sheep masses at the bowl pacified with his pathetic lack of management. it has become clear to me that "the bad thing" will inevitably have to happen, for change to take its course.
AGREE 100%

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

If we fall off the pace big time, I hope it hits hard and we actually fall out of the top 4. If we fall away, then start to perform just to hold onto 3rd or 4th, then the french Muppet will sell it as a success story.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Even if we don't qualify for The Be All and End All (and the scum finish above us), that leech won't be going anywhere :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Sean wrote:Even if we don't qualify for The Be All and End All (and the scum finish above us), that leech won't be going anywhere :banghead:
The board won't sack him and can anybody seriously envisage Wenger accepting that he isn't the best person to take the club forward?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Chelsea, Liverpool and United are rubbish. Man City have been incredibly inconsistent thus rendering them our only likely opponents for the title. Yet somehow, Wenger has managed to deliver us into 4th place with Tottenham and Leicester City higher in the table.

You would think Wenger would be chomping at the players and doing his utmost to make sure we win the league, but its the same old. Same old story of the game not going our way, and Wenger flapping his arms uncontrollably on the sidelines, clearly with no idea how to influence the game.

I thought this time would be different, I thought with a more senior sqaud, and players like Ozil, Sanchez and Cech, we would be able to do it. However, not at all did I think he would fall into 4th place, looking over our shoulder fearing the 5th placed team.

However, I was wrong. I am one of those fans who gets infuriated by Wenger, but gets behind him when in a position of prominence and I start to believe again. Although no more, the man is a fu.ing loser and does not have the capacity to motivate and organize a group of players into champions. The sad thing is, the players are good enough. Some ardent Wenger supporters like to blame the caliber of player, but thats just rubbish. The players are not playing to their maximum because they have a manager who doesnt challenge them, and manage them in a way that improves them.

He will find a way to fail. How many times does this need to happen before the masses realise its not just a coincidence.

He needs to F off after this year.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

northbank123 wrote:
Sean wrote:Even if we don't qualify for The Be All and End All (and the scum finish above us), that leech won't be going anywhere :banghead:
The board won't sack him and can anybody seriously envisage Wenger accepting that he isn't the best person to take the club forward?
he siad again the other day when he stops managing he wont leave football, he will beocme a youth coach or director of football.

im afraid the only way we will ever leave the club is in a wooden box.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Wilson wrote:Chelsea, Liverpool and United are rubbish. Man City have been incredibly inconsistent thus rendering them our only likely opponents for the title. Yet somehow, Wenger has managed to deliver us into 4th place with Tottenham and Leicester City higher in the table.

You would think Wenger would be chomping at the players and doing his utmost to make sure we win the league, but its the same old. Same old story of the game not going our way, and Wenger flapping his arms uncontrollably on the sidelines, clearly with no idea how to influence the game.

I thought this time would be different, I thought with a more senior sqaud, and players like Ozil, Sanchez and Cech, we would be able to do it. However, not at all did I think he would fall into 4th place, looking over our shoulder fearing the 5th placed team.

However, I was wrong. I am one of those fans who gets infuriated by Wenger, but gets behind him when in a position of prominence and I start to believe again. Although no more, the man is a fu.ing loser and does not have the capacity to motivate and organize a group of players into champions. The sad thing is, the players are good enough. Some ardent Wenger supporters like to blame the caliber of player, but thats just rubbish. The players are not playing to their maximum because they have a manager who doesnt challenge them, and manage them in a way that improves them.

He will find a way to fail. How many times does this need to happen before the masses realise its not just a coincidence.

He needs to F off after this year.
#flipflop