The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

Re: Is it time for a Jan Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Peeman »

Part of tonights interview:

on if he should have signed a striker…
If you knew a world-class striker who could have strengthened our team, you should have told me before the transfer deadline was over. They do not walk in the street and say ‘please, here is a world-class striker, can you take me?’ They are all at big clubs and are under contract. There were none available. We have Walcott, we have Giroud, we have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Welbeck, who is coming back. If tonight we think a miracle man could have scored the goal for us, I think it’s better we think how can we score the goals with the players we have? We can score goals, we have shown that before.

Our transfer policy is either a street walk up or a knock on the door or else no business can be done.

I'm kind of confused coz if the likes of Van Judas, The Lesbo, Fatbrechav (name only to be used if he turns into Lumpard/Shrek style tubby piece of lard. If he keeps the weight off I'll go with Fabrechav or Chavregas) were out of contract with us, why did the clubs they ended up at give us cash to stick with the rest of the cash reserves.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Atletico's Jackson Martinez joins Guangzhou for record £31m:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35479657

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I always get the impression that Sith Lord Venger thinks if he signs a striker it means he somehow magically now has to unload Giroud and never ever play him again ever. WTF. :roll:

Has he never heard of maybe buying a decent striker to compliment Giroud, a man that struggles with the required pace needed to play as a lone striker? Has he never heard of having options up front? You know, maybe adapt the system to get the best from the players you have? You know, tactics?

Sorry, what the fuck am I on about? Of course he fucking hasn't. :roll:

So we persist with;

1. Giroud, a man not capable of playing the shit 4-5-1 system effectively (and who just might excel in a 4-5-2)

2. Feo, who is just very very average on a good day and woeful most of the time, and who doesn't know how to use his pace effectively in a 4-5-1 and cannot hold the ball or finish effectively either

3. Relying on the mythical comeback of the lesser spotted Welbeck, who cannot hold the ball, has very limited pace, the first touch of a hippo on Prozac, and the finishing ability of Robbie Savage.

Alexis and Ozil? Neither are out and out strikers. Who else will he throw into that list? Gibbs? :oops: :roll:

:suicide:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

'if I sign a midfielder, what do I tell Denilson"?

Once Wenger backs a player, he backs him all the way. Almunia is a good example - clearly out of his depth but Wenger seemed intent in sticking with him.

I get the same feeling with Giroud, in the sense Wenger had nailed his hopes to Giroud and is close minded about signing another striker.

He supports players unconditionally, and will offer contract extensions and refuse to rock the boat by signing a player in their position. Its the wrong way to manage, and it breeds complacency which is see week in week out. If Giroud Arsenal career depended on him being the difference in these tight games, he might make sure he finished a few more chances.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:I always get the impression that Sith Lord Venger thinks if he signs a striker it means he somehow magically now has to unload Giroud and never ever play him again ever. WTF. :roll:

Has he never heard of maybe buying a decent striker to compliment Giroud, a man that struggles with the required pace needed to play as a lone striker? Has he never heard of having options up front? You know, maybe adapt the system to get the best from the players you have? You know, tactics?

So we persist with;

1. Giroud, a man not capable of playing the shit 4-5-1 system effectively (and who just might excel in a 4-5-2)

2. Feo, who is just very very average on a good day and woeful most of the time, and who doesn't know how to use his pace effectively in a 4-5-1 and cannot hold the ball or finish effectively either

3. Relying on the mythical comeback of the lesser spotted Welbeck, who cannot hold the ball, has very limited pace, the first touch of a hippo on Prozac, and the finishing ability of Robbie Savage.

Alexis and Ozil? Neither are out and out strikers. Who else will he throw into that list? Gibbs? :oops: :roll:

Db, when we had below average al as our keeper then I could understand you suggesting that formation, but surely cech must be worth his place in the current team ?? :shock: :wink: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I always get the impression that Sith Lord Venger thinks if he signs a striker it means he somehow magically now has to unload Giroud and never ever play him again ever. WTF. :roll:

So we persist with;

Db, when we had below average al as our keeper then I could understand you suggesting that formation, but surely cech must be worth his place in the current team ?? :shock: :wink: :D
:lol: :lol:

Quality spot, augie! 8)

I do of course mean 4-4-2. :oops:

Still, would you be surprised to see Tactics Wenger drop the keeper so he could play an extra midfielder!! :lol: :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Is it time to close this thread? Finger hovering..................

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Only. that's ONLY If all the MOds and the Owner promise to ban anyone foolhardy enough to ever, EVER Open one again...We ALL Know 1,000% for sure that Wenger is never going to meet our hopes, dreams, or expectations and sign the PLAYERS (yes! Plural) We All know we need if we are ever to lift The Prem Title again under his tenure

Otherwise close this fucker and let's all give up any notion or hope of success until Clueless Clueseau is GONE..

:proudtosay:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

OneBardGooner wrote:Only. that's ONLY If all the MOds and the Owner promise to ban anyone foolhardy enough to ever, EVER Open one again...We ALL Know 1,000% for sure that Wenger is never going to meet our hopes, dreams, or expectations and sign the PLAYERS (yes! Plural) We All know we need if we are ever to lift The Prem Title again under his tenure

Otherwise close this fucker and let's all give up any notion or hope of success until Clueless Clueseau is GONE..

I can assure you that pretty much every mod would be very glad never to see a transfer thread again, however there will always be some silly fucker.... :twisted:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Chippy wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Only. that's ONLY If all the MOds and the Owner promise to ban anyone foolhardy enough to ever, EVER Open one again...We ALL Know 1,000% for sure that Wenger is never going to meet our hopes, dreams, or expectations and sign the PLAYERS (yes! Plural) We All know we need if we are ever to lift The Prem Title again under his tenure

I can assure you that pretty much every mod would be very glad never to see a transfer thread again, however there will always be some silly fucker.... :twisted:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Nos89 »

If this is a "new" transfer thread can I start by saying Suarez, Benzema, Higuaín, Martinez, Alonso, Wanyama, Schneirderlin, Vardy, Neymar, Myhrez, Muller, Greizmann, Cavani, Goetze, Aubameyang, Reus, Lewandoski, Igahalo, and Morato will not be coming in the summer.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wilson wrote:'if I sign a midfielder, what do I tell Denilson"?

Once Wenger backs a player, he backs him all the way. Almunia is a good example - clearly out of his depth but Wenger seemed intent in sticking with him.

I get the same feeling with Giroud, in the sense Wenger had nailed his hopes to Giroud and is close minded about signing another striker.

He supports players unconditionally, and will offer contract extensions and refuse to rock the boat by signing a player in their position. Its the wrong way to manage, and it breeds complacency which is see week in week out. If Giroud Arsenal career depended on him being the difference in these tight games, he might make sure he finished a few more chances.
It is not managing, he just going for easy life not making a decision because it may upset someone
He needs reminding he is representing Arsenal FC and its fans, and not running a pension scheme for spineless cowardly or generally useless footballers

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Nos89 wrote:If this is a "new" transfer thread can I start by saying Suarez, Benzema, Higuaín, Martinez, Alonso, Wanyama, Schneirderlin, Vardy, Neymar, Myhrez, Muller, Greizmann, Cavani, Goetze, Aubameyang, Reus, Lewandoski, Igahalo, and Morato will not be coming in the summer.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Makes me wonder how much longer Wenger can get away with it for... 2 transfer windows now with no outfield signings of note. This summer it will be "nobody wants to move during a European championships year". Are the AKBs seriously not going to start questioning him? Or will it be the old "judge him in May"? The average supporter of our club must have the IQ of a raisin to buy into this bollocks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:If this is a "new" transfer thread can I start by saying Suarez, Benzema, Higuaín, Martinez, Alonso, Wanyama, Schneirderlin, Vardy, Neymar, Myhrez, Muller, Greizmann, Cavani, Goetze, Aubameyang, Reus, Lewandoski, Igahalo, and Morato will not be coming in the summer.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Makes me wonder how much longer Wenger can get away with it for... 2 transfer windows now with no outfield signings of note. This summer it will be "nobody wants to move during a European championships year". Are the AKBs seriously not going to start questioning him? Or will it be the old "judge him in May"? The average supporter of our club must have the IQ of a raisin to buy into this bollocks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Don't forget that the old *word censored* will be doing his usual commentary and ''expert'' analysis for French TV instead of spending his time at work, trying to find players to make the squad stronger.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I suppose this thread is short enough to turn it into a cumulative transfer thread - It won't be very busy in here for the next three years at least, we'll be lucky to reach page 100 by the time TOF finally fucks off :lol:
Internal Solutions! :barscarf: :suicide:
postmanPat91 wrote:
TOF will always be absolved by his cult :banghead:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Don't forget that the old *word censored* will be doing his usual commentary and ''expert'' analysis for French TV instead of spending his time at work, trying to find players to make the squad stronger.
I thought TOF lost that job because he's their equivalent of Townsend/Shearer (totally fucking useless as a pundit/co-comm)?