THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov, Finances, AGM etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

USMANOV OR KRONKE?

USMANOV
72%
KRONKE
No votes
NEITHER
28%

Total votes: 83

SteveO 35

Re: THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov, Finances, AGM etc.

Post by SteveO 35 »

Time for a progress report on my favourite owner

Denver Nuggets 11th from 15 in the NBA Western Conference
Colorado Avalanche 5th from 7 in the NHL Western Conference Central
Colorado Rapids 10th from 10 in the MLS Western Conference
LA Rams finished 3rd from 4 in the NFC West
The lacrosse has only just started so lets give him the benefit of the doubt in that one....

Nice to see him cranking up the debt mountain and moving one of his franchises across the country. Perhaps he'd be so kind to up our 'management fees' to help fund it

I could take 10 more years of TO1AW is this c.unt left tomorrow

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Has Usmanov all but given up?

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:Has Usmanov all but given up?

Good question - we had a guy on here a while ago who claimed to know that usmanov was planning a move but it seems all has gone quiet on that front :roll: I'm not sure if I am in the pro usmanov camp or not, but I am certainly in the "anyone but kroenke" camp (a more acceptable akb imo 8) ) 8) I said two years ago that if usmanov is just going to sit silently in the background then he is f.uck all use to me or us, so it's either put up or shut up for me and sadly it looks like it is going to be shut up :cry:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:

Good question - we had a guy on here a while ago who claimed to know that usmanov was planning a move but it seems all has gone quiet on that front :roll: I'm not sure if I am in the pro usmanov camp or not, but I am certainly in the "anyone but kroenke" camp (a more acceptable akb imo 8) ) 8) I said two years ago that if usmanov is just going to sit silently in the background then he is f.uck all use to me or us, so it's either put up or shut up for me and sadly it looks like it is going to be shut up :cry:
Hate to break it to you Augie but "anyone but Kroenke" does not shorten to AKB :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:

Hate to break it to you Augie but "anyone but Kroenke" does not shorten to AKB :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:

But little did you know that augie is a Star Wars fan and particularly of Yoda. therefore it wasn't wrong as it translates to: 'Anyone Kroenke but'. 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:

But little did you know that augie is a Star Wars fan and particularly of Yoda. therefore it wasn't wrong as it translates to: 'Anyone Kroenke but'. 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

Junkie. :x

:D :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

SteveO 35 wrote:Time for a progress report on my favourite owner

The lacrosse has only just started so lets give him the benefit of the doubt in that one....

Nice to see him cranking up the debt mountain and moving one of his franchises across the country. Perhaps he'd be so kind to up our 'management fees' to help fund it

Thing is, none of those team have ever been good either. I think the Avs had a couple good season at the end of the 90s and the Rams had a couple good seasons in the early 2000's when they had a half of fame QB drop into their laps. But other than that, each of those franchises have been awful and irrelevant.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Time for a progress report on my favourite owner

Thing is, none of those team have ever been good either. I think the Avs had a couple good season at the end of the 90s and the Rams had a couple good seasons in the early 2000's when they had a half of fame QB drop into their laps. But other than that, each of those franchises have been awful and irrelevant.
Yep, I'm sure Stan's plotting a further decade of mediocrity for us too. Still keep selling those kits, introduce the old ticketmaster and silver membership stealth taxes, flog the odd property or ten and keep all that lovely lolly rolling in from 4th place finishes and the glorious CL group stage. Reckon he'll take us for management fees of £3m-£6m a year for a good few years more, cash pile and then flog the thing once the TV deals reach their peak (he's praying for individually negotiated deals like in other countries). Once he trebles his equity he'll be able to pay for that £1bn stadium in LA in hard cash

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Any chance of a hostile takeover by Usmanov?

augie

Post by augie »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:Any chance of a hostile takeover by Usmanov?

It would appear not - he is increasingly becoming the steve bould of the boardroom (ie sitting there and saying f.uck all :roll: )

Have to say that the standard shit performances of ALL of kroenke's sports franchises worries the shit outa me - it suggests a man that is quite comfortable surrounding himself in sport failures, and winning trophies is irrelevant to him :roll: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:Any chance of a hostile takeover by Usmanov?

It would appear not - he is increasingly becoming the steve bould of the boardroom (ie sitting there and saying f.uck all :roll: )

Have to say that the standard shit performances of ALL of kroenke's sports franchises worries the shit outa me - it suggests a man that is quite comfortable surrounding himself in sport failures, and winning trophies is irrelevant to him :roll: :evil:
Yeah, you'd think just by the law of averages that ONE of those teams would be decent - or that maybe he'd have a favourite team or sport and he'd spend big to make them successful in that sport, but he seems to just like mediocrity. :|

Maybe that should be his nickname; Mediocrity Stan. :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The only U.S. sport I watch is the NFL, and since Stan took over the now LA rams, their records are as follows:
2010: 7-9
2011 : 2-14
2012: 7 - 8-1
2013: 7-9
2014: 6-10
2015: 7-9

So that's no winning records any season since he took over the team, and by extension no play off appearances, and now he has moved the team from ST. Louis to LA. They perfectly encapsulate Kroenke's teams, generally mediocre, but not the worse team, just happy to be middle of the road.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Kroenke is a cancer and Arsenal have a terminal case. It's bad enough with TOF in charge forever, without this passionless fucking shyster and his family owning most of the club.

We don't seem to have any hope while this leech is at the club. Profit over glory - That will be out new motto :(

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Usmanov would certainly break up the cartel and end the 'ill pat your back, if you pat my back' culture that begets the board, Gazidis and Wenger.

Now wonder they resist him so much. As between the board, Wenger and Gazidis, they all cover for each other and have a gentlemen's agreement not to rock the boat, and to keep the current order in place.

Remember when the original Americans took over Liverpool, granted they wernt any good, but they at least asked Rick Parry WFT he actually does at the club, and got rid of him when he couldnt answer. I would imagine Usmanov would ask Gazidis WTF he does at Arsenal, and that would be the end of him given he wouldnt be able to answer.