1st/2nd March 2 big nights of football...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: 1st/2nd March 2 big nights of football...

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Not sure there have been sadder episodes in our history than hoping West Brom can beat Leicester
What a difference a few years can make - wasn't long ago that g88ner was panicking about the dangers of West Brom breaking into the top 4 whilst Leicester were battling to scrape into the play-offs :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Not sure there have been sadder episodes in our history than hoping West Brom can beat Leicester
What a difference a few years can make - wasn't long ago that g88ner was panicking about the dangers of West Brom breaking into the top 4 whilst Leicester were battling to scrape into the play-offs :barscarf:

In fairness gooner buys sewing machines for his girlfriends ,so I wouldn't be too harsh on him. 8)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Spooky wrote:^ Yes I do...

If the results go our way tonight/tomoz...then all to play for on Sat!

Like I said earlier... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOuZddmhzko

I remember chatting to other fans at The Cock after the WHU opener - there were some adamant we wouldn't even be top four!!!

So, as long as we are in it - then yes I believe we can...

What happens at the end of the season - I'll have the whole summer to sit and contemplate :D
We are only top 4 cos of the shittiness of Chelsea and united that no one foresaw at the start of the season

the playing mantis

markyp wrote:you know what even if we did pull off a miracle and win this title how can anybody take satisfaction from it when the league is way below par this season with the Chavs non contenders,Utd and liverpool in transition and city indiferant.it really is a totally 'fake' league this season and to win it this year means fuck all almost a bit like qualifying for the CL in 4th spot in a normal season.had we gone like a stream train all season taking lumps out of everyone then yes you could get some satisfaction but this year really is about who is the best of the rest and sadly even this season it aint us
This. And that's why even if the scum do the unthinkable I draw some solace.

This season has summed up the utter over hyping and continued regression of the premier league. A team of plodder in the scum and no marks in leics are so high sums it up. If the weasel cesc hadn't instigated a revolt against maureen the chavs would have walked it

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I love some people's logic about how it's a a "fake league" this year just because the usual teams aren't in contention.

How do you know the current Leicester side in the form it's in wouldn't compete with the title-winning sides of 1, 2, 3 seasons ago? And what does it even matter anyway? Stop trying to devalue the achievement of Leicester. They've improved their team massively, are you seriously telling me they aren't full value for it?

We currently have the best Arsenal side of this decade and have finally swapped the likes of Gervinho and Podolski (not that I disliked him) for Ozil and Sanchez. And yet we still can't get over the line. The team has improved, it SHOULD be excellent but we just aren't going to win it again in the Wenger era.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

This is in danger of becoming another Wenger is a *word censored*, the team have no balls thread, and god knows we have enough of them, so try to keep it about the Tuesday/Wednesday games please.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I watched Bournemouth Southampton last night for my sins. How that Southampton side have taken 4 points from us this season beggars belief, they were absolute toilet. One shot on target all game and of course Foster looked like the world's dodgiest keeper for the first goal they conceded. One point from 6 is a criminal return off that lot.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:I watched Bournemouth Southampton last night for my sins. How that Southampton side have taken 4 points from us this season beggars belief, they were absolute toilet. One shot on target all game and of course Foster looked like the world's dodgiest keeper for the first goal they conceded. One point from 6 is a criminal return off that lot.
Simple explanation really...Koeman has Wenger in his pocket...

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Robin_L wrote:I love some people's logic about how it's a a "fake league" this year just because the usual teams aren't in contention.

How do you know the current Leicester side in the form it's in wouldn't compete with the title-winning sides of 1, 2, 3 seasons ago? And what does it even matter anyway? Stop trying to devalue the achievement of Leicester. They've improved their team massively, are you seriously telling me they aren't full value for it?

We currently have the best Arsenal side of this decade and have finally swapped the likes of Gervinho and Podolski (not that I disliked him) for Ozil and Sanchez. And yet we still can't get over the line. The team has improved, it SHOULD be excellent but we just aren't going to win it again in the Wenger era.
Agreed - the table doesn't lie... each team has earned/deserve their position.

And it ain't over yet! Win tonight is all that matters to keep in the mix.

I always liked Podolski...never understood why he was never given more opportunities :roll:

the playing mantis

Robin_L wrote:I love some people's logic about how it's a a "fake league" this year just because the usual teams aren't in contention.

Rubbish. Leicester will not be challenging next year and neither will scum. I would happily put money on it.

The big clubs a re all basket cases for various reasons this season. (I don't include us as we have no ambition bar 4th, the pointless signing of the do far atrocious Egyptian sums that up)

And it's certainly not the best arsenal team in a decade by a distance. Like how u use our 2 best players comparitevely with one atrocious player and one who failed to live up to expectations to justify ur point. Why not compare Oz and dance with rvp and cesc. I don't know many who would call this our best team in a decade.

the playing mantis

Spooky wrote:

I always liked Podolski...never understood why he was never given more opportunities :roll:

You don't count...! U think we are title contenders!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Spooky wrote:

Whilst a much better player than many others who had more game time, Podolski just did not fit in the formation. He could be an extremely deadly player but only really as a second striker. Didn't have anything like the attributes to play out wide or as a lone striker, mainly too slow for both roles.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

West Ham 1-0 Scum

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Spooky wrote:^ Yes I do...

If the results go our way tonight/tomoz...then all to play for on Sat!

Like I said earlier... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOuZddmhzko

I remember chatting to other fans at The Cock after the WHU opener - there were some adamant we wouldn't even be top four!!!

So, as long as we are in it - then yes I believe we can...

What happens at the end of the season - I'll have the whole summer to sit and contemplate :D
We are only top 4 cos of the shittiness of Chelsea and united that no one foresaw at the start of the season
Yes we have same points total as this time last year, lines up with above

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Victims 1-0 city.