Cazorla fear

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Cazorla fear

Post by Nos89 »

The Mirror are reporting he is possibly out for the rest of season due to an Achilles flare up...that is a serious blow, if true, to any hope of our season turning around. Wenger was quoted as he was training but all training has stopped for him until the flare up has settled...is there any good news this week?
Last edited by Nos89 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Carzola fear

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

He's been here 4 years, yet we still can't spell his name :oops: :wink:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

What's this?? A small, slightly built Arsenal player out injured for months???? And the original diagnosis was far too short???

Surely not . . . . . .

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

More worried about Cazorla , but it does seem that nothing much has changed in the medical department. With their predictions I wouldn't want to be in their lottery syndicate.

spike241

Post by spike241 »

Cazorla's posted on FB to say he's on track to return at the beginning of next month and has no idea where they got the story.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

spike241 wrote:Cazorla's posted on FB to say he's on track to return at the beginning of next month and has no idea where they got the story.
What's this?? A small, shitty tabloid rag like the Mirror getting the story wrong???? And the original story was probably made up???

Surely not . . . . . .

:lol: :wink: :wink:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

I know :-D they're no better than all the clickbait 'you'll never guess which Real Madrid/Barca etc star has agreed to sign for Arsenal' bs that shows up everywhere
Just trying to reassure some fellow Gooners :-)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

spike241 wrote:I know :-D they're no better than all the clickbait 'you'll never guess which Real Madrid/Barca etc star has agreed to sign for Arsenal' bs that shows up everywhere
Just trying to reassure some fellow Gooners :-)
:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
spike241 wrote:Cazorla's posted on FB to say he's on track to return at the beginning of next month and has no idea where they got the story.
What's this?? A small, shitty tabloid rag like the Mirror getting the story wrong???? And the original story was probably made up???

Surely not . . . . . .

:lol: :wink: :wink:

In fairness I watched le cock say in an interview that cazorla has had a setback.

For me cazorla is done at AFC - he is 31 years old and is either likely to miss the rest of the season altogether, or will be back for a few games but nowhere near match fit. The guy wants to return home and I think, out of respect to the man, we should be giving him permission for his agent to start contacting interested clubs back in spain

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Cazorla, Wilshire probably the only 2 players who are going to come out with any credit from this season - by not being involved.

I wish him all the best, he has been a really good player for us.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Gunner Rob wrote:Cazorla, Wilshire probably the only 2 players who are going to come out with any credit from this season - by not being involved.

I wish him all the best, he has been a really good player for us.
Dont agree Rob, that Pen miss at WBA was excruciating as the WBA fans sung the Ahhhhh Santi Cazorla song. :oops: I know it was one shot blah blah, but frankly he bottled it- the delay between the award and shot left him being needled and wound up. NO PLAYER came to shove their players away. I knew he was wound up, he spat irritatedly as he overdid the run up and slipped. That so encapsulates the AFC way for so many seasons. AW should have torn into the lads for letting it happen but it does week after week, no support, no crowding the ref, nothing. The Arsenal way :oops: :oops:

The desire for him to be back stems from the anyone but list of midfielders we want to play is now getting to the end, so we wish players out were back.

hes been a great servant and Ive loved his play overall so much but come Dec hes 32. If he stays he will produce a few more magic moments no doubt but its time he is seen as a squad palyer rather than an instant starter, besides a decent manager would already have his replacement lined up (In the large trolley we will need :oops: )

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: Cazorla fear

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

We've tanked since he's been out. Important player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The thing we miss most with Cazorla is the speed of turn around he gave us, the way he would take the ball to feet, give it quickly and move into space looking to get it back, pushing us forward. With fucking mini-Messi wannabe Ramsey in there we just stagnate in midfield now, drowning in a sea of tippy tappy shite, flicks, spins and backheels that goes nowhere and ultimately concedes possession. :roll: :|

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:The thing we miss most with Cazorla is the speed of turn around he gave us, the way he would take the ball to feet, give it quickly and move into space looking to get it back, pushing us forward. With fucking mini-Messi wannabe Ramsey in there we just stagnate in midfield now, drowning in a sea of tippy tappy shite, flicks, spins and backheels that goes nowhere and ultimately concedes possession. :roll: :|
I concur 8)

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

I was told a very interesting story about santi the other day in relation to his injury last year and it was to do with this

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... senal-draw

apparently a few scans were done and something was found that stopped him playing. Not 100 percent certain that this is all true but it may explain his absence towards the end of the year