Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by northbank123 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:aaron ramsey is the number one reason (other than Wenger) why we suck. just watch him while re-watching the game (if you can manage). what is our record since losing Cazorla?
I have given him a lot more slack than most but he has been fucking terrible for months now. Cannot believe how staggeringly bad he has been last two games.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Just coming back from the match.
Never in over 30 years of supporting the Arsenal have I been so embarrassed to be an Arsenal fan.
The team is just not there, we are going through the motions, there is no fight, nothing.

Wenger is finished, everyone in that stadium knew that tonight.
It is just a question of how much longer he can keep clinging to power.
I'm actually glad I was there rather than sitting in front of a computer. At least it was cathartic calling them spineless *word censored* for the whole of the second half. Fair play to Swansea, they did a job on us and at half time saw that we were shit and started going for it. They should've probably scored another with the possession they had.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

It's an embarrassment it really is.
I'm just fed up of how this is all turning out, where has the desire gone! Was it ever there in the first place??
The past two weeks have really got me doubting the club as a whole.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

Truly pathetic. It's pointless saying Wenger must go though because that's been true for years.

Finally though, considering how weak mentally this team is and considering we're fight with Sp*rs for the title, I thought our fans were dreadful. They didn't help at all; loudly moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass instead of trying to encourage them and be the 12th man they so badly needed.

I get we're all frustrated but the fans gave up long before the players and that can only hinder us and help Sp*rs and Leicester.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

[quote="Lost_Gooner"]It's an embarrassment it really is.
I'm just fed up of how this is all turning out, where has the desire gone! Was it ever there in the first place??
The past two weeks have really got me doubting the club as a whole.[/quotew

Yeah, I've felt that way for the last eight years. It's just always there, like gravity or rabies.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

scotgooner wrote:It's quite clear , the players aren't playing for him anymore , even they want him out
I got that distinct impression this evening

Step

Post by Step »

And now no Cech for Sat.

I will not watch. It will be an embarrassing hammering

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
scotgooner wrote:It's quite clear , the players aren't playing for him anymore , even they want him out
I got that distinct impression this evening
I would also agree with that. There was no drive, no urgency, nothing that suggested this was a team that believed it could win the league. Still, even if I was a player, I'd still want to win the league just for myself, screw Wenger. But I really don't know what he can say to the squad now to pick themselves up, one wonders what he said in previous seasons when we were gunning for 4th?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

g88ner wrote:Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

Truly pathetic. It's pointless saying Wenger must go though because that's been true for years.

Finally though, considering how weak mentally this team is and considering we're fight with Sp*rs for the title, I thought our fans were dreadful. They didn't help at all; loudly moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass instead of trying to encourage them and be the 12th man they so badly needed.

I get we're all frustrated but the fans gave up long before the players and that can only hinder us and help Sp*rs and Leicester.

what struck me was how utterly clueless they were, they had no ideas, no movement nothing. monreal was getting pissed off at some point as no one was moving for him in midfield or upfront. it was frightening how unimaginative they were. likewise how often everyone gave the ball away.

in days of yore we had these results. but we creted chances and made the keeper make saves and penned teams in their own box when we were chasing a game. now we have no idea. flappy was untroubled bar the post saving them a couple of times. we applied 0 sustained pressure. the players simply had no idea. thats because they cannot think for themselves and they have no direction from the manager. thats doubly fatal.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

I'm now convinced more than ever that the twat doesnt actually take the game into consideration when making his subs. He had a gameplan going in to always take campbell off for welbeck - it didn't matter that campbell was by far our best player, had a fantastic game.

what kind of message does that send? nothing is ever going to change with him in charge. completely outcoached in second half, swansea made some great tactical changes and completely fooled us.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Tommy_Goon wrote:I'm now convinced more than ever that the twat doesnt actually take the game into consideration when making his subs. He had a gameplan going in to always take campbell off for welbeck - it didn't matter that campbell was by far our best player, had a fantastic game.

what kind of message does that send? nothing is ever going to change with him in charge. completely outcoached in second half, swansea made some great tactical changes and completely fooled us.
The man acts like he is playing football manager on his PC. Completely unaware of tactics at all. It's so bad.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

g88ner wrote:Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

G88ner i agree with most of that but for the highlighted part.

I'd say why should they?Mmany many fans continue to go and support the team and have done so season after season and constantly the same thing happens, they have every right considering the amount they pay not to continue to support the team when it is not performing to the expected standard.

If they continue to show support then the club will continue to think that nothing is wrong and that nothing needs to change :rubchin:

This whole argument put forward not just by you but others that as supporters we should back the team no matter what is a falicy, fans back the team when the team deserves backing but this needs to be reciprocated by the players and the manager doing their utmost to give the fans what they pay for :)

markyp

Post by markyp »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:aaron ramsey is the number one reason (other than Wenger) why we suck. just watch him while re-watching the game (if you can manage). what is our record since losing Cazorla?
our win record with Ramsey is 60% without its 42%

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
augie wrote:I know that we are all fuming over yet another debacle today, but anyone who thinks that we wont win this game is fuckin deluded :roll: Swansea are total shit and will be relegated imo, and I expect us to cruise to a comfortable 3-1 win
Of course afterwards we will be told about the great mental strength we displayed, and how everything is right with the world again :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oops!

I will hold up my hands and admit that I got it wrong.........woefully wrong :oops: I knew we were shit, and I knew that we have a cuntbag "managing" us (and I use that term loosely :evil: ), but I seriously expected us to win this game :roll: :oops:
I really don't know where we can go from here - it has been obvious to me for a number of years now that we will not win a league under this d*ckhead again - it heartens me somewhat to see that thousands of Gooners now also feel the same way as me, but will we now have to necessary drive to force change ? It is good that some of the media now recognise the NEED for change because I think that we will need them to keep the heat on the French pr*ck and to keep stoking the feelings of anger amongst the Gooner faithful. However that will still not be enough imo and we need to force change now because the fans and the fans alone are going to be the only ones that will drive the French cu.nt out of our club :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Lost_Gooner wrote:It's an embarrassment it really is.
The past two weeks have really got me doubting the club as a whole.[/quotew

Yeah, I've felt that way for the last eight years. It's just always there, like gravity or rabies.
Well I'm heading for the hills and pretending the season is over, call me when it's safe to come down