Shortlist for stands

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What's your faviourite name for equilavent of east and west stands?

Arsene Wenger
5%
Thierry Henry
No votes
Tony Adams
No votes
Tony Adams
No votes
Dennis Bergkamp
5%
Ian Wright
5%
Chapman
37%
Sir Henry Norris
5%
Rocastle
42%

Total votes: 19

stats

Post by stats »

North Stand: North Bank
South Stand: Clock End
East Stand:.....
West Stand:.....

With the East & West stands possibly getting there names changed & with the currant debate on what name may grace it we can have the 2 most important people in the history of Arsenal on there eg Chapman
I put my vote in 4 Wrighty simply cos i'm a mad fan since birth of this man but 2 put other names that don't make it that we all love
Insted different areas of the ground like the tunnel eg Rocky tunnel 4 David 'Rocky' Rocastle
With so many areas of the ground r unnamed there should b a debute after IF the stands r renamed 2 c what different areas of the ground may b named after a player, manager etc
Bergkamp is 1 of us nw & comes 2 every match in his box but in a programme i read he said he's thinking of returning 2 Amsterdam with his wife & children in a few years time, if he does & he sells on his box that should b named stright away Bergkamp Box (which people already call it anyways)
Any areas u's lot think should b renamed at the stadium?????

T.S

Post by T.S »

It has GOT to be Rocky.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Belfast Boy wrote:Seems pretty straightforward to me..........
Orange Quad - North Bank
Green Quad - Clock End
Blue Quad - Highbury Stand
Yellow Quad - Chapman Stand

............. and of course if the great man does, as we all hope, stay with us for life in some regard whether it be on the board, technical director or as director of football or such then a memorial will also be paid to him - hopefully a full length statue!
I'm with you there, BB. 8) Particularly on the Highbury Stand! What a great way to pay tribute to THOF. We need to leave a bar un-named for my 2 year old son Jack, who will (in about 20 years time) be an Arsenal Legend.

No pressure on the lad... :wink:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Perhaps a couple of pints at McGouldricks before the game :wink: :lol: or maybe cocktails at frannys if you like that sort of thing

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I'll add the results of this poll to ideas from the people who signed the petition and this will dertermine the two faviourites. And email them tonight.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Ben-gooner14 wrote:I'll add the results of this poll to ideas from the people who signed the petition and this will dertermine the two faviourites. And email them tonight.
As I said in my post I'm all for North Bank, Clock End and the West Stand/Yellow Quad bein named after the great HC but don't you think, as regards the East Stand/Blue Quad there should be some ref. to our old home which still brings a tear to the eye when you pass it, I can't say I'm in favour of the major parts of the ground bein named after players, there are alternative ways to honour them!

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Belfast Boy wrote:Seems pretty straightforward to me..........
Orange Quad - North Bank
Green Quad - Clock End
Blue Quad - Highbury Stand
Yellow Quad - Chapman Stand
Yeah totally agree with those names would like somewere for Dennis Bergkamp maybe call club level after him :wink: :D 8)

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

DB10GOONER wrote: We need to leave a bar un-named for my 2 year old son Jack, who will (in about 20 years time) be an Arsenal Legend.
Scary, I have a 2 year old son called Jack as well, and even scarier is fact he'll be an Arsenal legend too!

He says 'Come on Arsenal' every time he sees football on the TV.

This forum is getting like the twilight zone, after the Gus/TS love in yesterday

augie

Post by augie »

:x Stats can you tell me what the f*ck a glasgow r*ngers crest is doing on your posts ? This is an Arsenal forum only and all other allegances should be left out especially to a secterian club

stats

Post by stats »

It was made 4 me thank u very much well so u can say no other support of Arsenal have a 2nd team like Celtic etc
At the end of the day it has more 2 do with Arsenal (with Wrighty on it) so whats wrong with that then?

augie

Post by augie »

Without a doubt being Irish I have affiliation for Celtic but this is a forum for Gooners about The Arsenal and I never bring any of my other interests onto this forum especially another club. I have no probs with your support of r*ngers but I just dont think this is the place for it. No doubt I will be hammered by all and sundry for that opinion

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Without a doubt being Irish I have affiliation for Celtic but this is a forum for Gooners about The Arsenal and I never bring any of my other interests onto this forum especially another club. I have no probs with your support of r*ngers but I just dont think this is the place for it. No doubt I will be hammered by all and sundry for that opinion
Jaysus, Augie - we finally agree on something!! :shock: :wink:

I agree that we should only show our love for the Arse ( :wink: ) here. Maybe stats could crop that photo? Just a suggestion stats me old mucker. If you don't want to then not to worry, I personally won't think any less of you. You are a Gooner first and foremost. 8)

stats

Post by stats »

Yep def through & through

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I think we should just keep the heritage by keepng the:

North Bank, Clock End, East Stand and West Stand.

It's much better

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

I said before oin this Post the Roundabout outside the Armoury should be called Rockys roundabout!! lets get this going again