Hull City (A) | FA Cup R5R | Tuesday 8th March| 19:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
perrygrovesworld

Re: Hull City (A) | FA Cup R5R | Tuesday 8th March| 19:00

Post by perrygrovesworld »

Yes, arseofacrow, you're right it was Wednesday. Thanks.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Poor first half, decent second.

On we march towards the only trophy we can possibly win.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:As long as we adopt the flat track bully mentality for the remaining 9 games then we should win 8 out of last 9 games as that is exactly the sort of teams we will be playing, bar Man City.

The banner was timely. The way I interpreted Wrighty emotion was that of a player. He did say if we were out of all competitions then every right to roll out the banner. But as a player it sends out a negative message. I'm of the belief that all pundits still think of themselves as playerss that's why they are not managers.
Iwobi played well reminded me of Chamberlain in his early days. Just as I hoped Walcott and giroud got on the score sheet and hope got some confidence. Get the feeling they don't particularly like each other. Like Cole and sheringham at Utd a few years back, but as long as they do the business on the pitch. Elneny looks like a good consistent player, comfortable as DM and CM.
Think the players came off injured with Barcelona in mind as all walked/ jogged off so can't be too serious. In other words they are ruling themselves out of Sunday to play in the big game. Roll on sunday.
You seem to live in a different world to the rest of us. Wright can F off, if he cannot be impartial he shouldn't be there. And as for saving themselves for the "big game"??? The big GAMES are ALL the league games and the FA cup.... the CL adventure is over, we should be sending the reserves.
Playing in the Camp Nou in the champions league is a " big game". Regardless of our chances of winning. Wrighty was very critical of Wenger a couple of seasons back and wasn't welcome at the bowl. The guy is working in the media and unfortunately has to rein in the Wenger out rhetoric or be out of a job. Adams has spoken out against Wenger and he's not even an ambassador for the club and he's got a bloody great big statue outside the stadium. It's the way the football world works at the highest level.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Nos89 wrote:[q
Playing in the Camp Nou in the champions league is a " big game". Regardless of our chances of winning. Wrighty was very critical of Wenger a couple of seasons back and wasn't welcome at the bowl. The guy is working in the media and unfortunately has to rein in the Wenger out rhetoric or be out of a job. Adams has spoken out against Wenger and he's not even an ambassador for the club and he's got a bloody great big statue outside the stadium. It's the way the football world works at the highest level.
Sadly I fear thats right. Wrighty very recently made mention of him meeting Gazidis - its clear as clear he has been nobbled. No surprise jaqui oatleys commentating at Hartlepool these days is it. :evil: :evil:

I also remember well wrightys comment at the last (I think) banner unfurling when we beat Baggies 0-1 he said then on fivelive with kels :roll: "it was a bit disrespectful" :evil:

Personally think its time another 5 or 6 different ones were made is there a donation site for it? #donatetogetoutarsenethesenileoldfool

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A good win, eventually in a game we shouldnt have had to encounter if we taken the first game more seriously :oops:
A win is a win though :barscarf: and the banner being unfurled was a high point 8)

Sean

Post by Sean »

Glad to hear that the banner was shown last night. Hopefully someone can post some photos, as I had stopped watching right after the final whistle.

Cas, did you see the banner? What was the reaction to it like where you were?

I'm disappointed to hear that Wrighty was against the banner. I was lucky enough to see him play (albeit not in person) for The Arsenal. It is very strange how he can almost be a WOB in all but name, but has taken to defending TOF (who fucked him over at Wembley 98).

Still, it can only be a good thing if WOB sentiment starts to become accepted, legitimised and 'mainstream'. This season's [soon to be] title fuck-up has started to make some in the media finally think.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Sean wrote:Glad to hear that the banner was shown last night. Hopefully someone can post some photos, as I had stopped watching right after the final whistle.

Cas, did you see the banner? What was the reaction to it like where you were?

I'm disappointed to hear that Wrighty was against the banner. I was lucky enough to see him play (albeit not in person) for The Arsenal. It is very strange how he can almost be a WOB in all but name, but has taken to defending TOF (who fucked him over at Wembley 98).

Still, it can only be a good thing if WOB sentiment starts to become accepted, legitimised and 'mainstream'. This season's [soon to be] title fuck-up has started to make some in the media finally think.
:LOL I didn't know about the banner until I looked on here this morning. At the end of the match, most of the players came over and we were all just singing and clapping. As the banner was at the front, I wouldn't have seen it anyway, we were all standing up. We did wonder why the stewards were gravitating to one section at the front to the right of us, just before the final whistle, they must have got wind of what was going to happen.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

:D :lol: Same happened at WBA for us , didnt see it :oops:

What are the chances of DT getting into The Grove unaccompanied by Stewards now though :evil:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:
perrygrovesworld wrote:
augie wrote:I would never criticise wrighty's on pitch contribution cos for me he was an incredible goalscorer - he was your traditional goal poacher and the qualities he had cannot be coached into a player 8) I loved the way he played every minute of every game like it was the most important minute of the game - I remember watching a live sunday tv game (at highbury) many moons ago (it was either against coventry or the scum :? ) and the game was utter, utter shite but wrighty kept going and got the only goal of the game in the 89th or 90th minute 8)
That being said, he is only a cu.nt if he thinks that his goals entitle him to a free pass to publicly criticise those who worshipped him many moons ago :evil:
Was it a game v Sheffield United? If it was, I went. It was cold and the rain lashed down. I stood on the North Bank and was watching the dullest nil nil of all time and I'd seen a few. As the ninetieth minute drew near, pneumonia settling in, my hands having turned blue and with the North Bank starting to empty I vowed not to celebrate any last minute winner which was never going to happen anyway given what had been served up in the previous 89.

94 minutes in and Ian Wright latches onto a Stevie Morrow long ball, buries it into the bottom corner and I go mental, almost as much as I did with Welbeck's winner v Leicester the other day.

We never learn.
Sheff Weds I think, mate. seem to remember their goalie (Pressman?) having a good game. Was a pile of shit though.

:barscarf:
I can remember a very shit ,cold match with a Wrighty last minute winner v Sheff Weds too :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Theoperator wrote::D :lol: Same happened at WBA for us , didnt see it :oops:

What are the chances of DT getting into The Grove unaccompanied by Stewards now though :evil:
DT mostly boycotts Cashburton. He did go to the game against Citeh though, because a friend of his from abroad came to visit.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sean wrote:

DT mostly boycotts Cashburton. He did go to the game against Citeh though, because a friend of his from abroad came to visit.
I think he puts his point of view across very well, without resorting to ranting / swearing too much - I don't think I would be able to remain that calm and not go off on one.

If you know him Sean, give him a pat in the back form me - keep up the great work

:barscarf: (Mo trying to get on telly)

Sean

Post by Sean »

StuartL wrote:
Sean wrote:

I think he puts his point of view across very well, without resorting to ranting / swearing too much - I don't think I would be able to remain that calm and not go off on one.

If you know him Sean, give him a pat in the back form me - keep up the great work

:barscarf: (Mo trying to get on telly)
I don't know him personally Stuart, but check out the ArsenalFanTV thread - I posted a few videos he was in. He does speak pretty well and would certainly fit in here :lol: :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Sean, banner photo from Hull game:

No flip-flops though (that reference might be a bit before your time).

Sean

Post by Sean »

Great to see! Thanks!

It should be at every away game :barscarf:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -club.html

DT is obviously someone from here coz it was here that the banner was born with a set of flip flops underneath that wouldn't be out of place on Bondi beach (that may have been SWL though).

Can just see it now on the stewards staff wall :

"Top Ten Most Wanted" If u see this man do not approach him, contact Ty and he'll bullshit him into submission and if he can't we'll get a few ex-players down from club level to finish the job.

1. DT (whoever u are) - a fresh new face in at no.1 this week.
2. Augie
3. The Itchy and Baba show
4. Sid
5. Rodders
6. Frank Butcher
7. Franksav
8. MikeyB
9. Donaldo
10. Teecee, Clockender, Armchair, Mr T, Falkirk, SteveO (only watch for on Cup games).

Probably missed out on a few obvious ones but some of the others are not a risk to health and safety at Cashburton - feel free to amend the list.