THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Herd

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:Off to see the Bootleg Beatles on Friday at Cambridge.
Have heard good things about them and the John Lennon looky-likey in particular.
Ive seen them in Singapore Staurt ,they are great ,their manager R is a Gooner !

Talking of Gooners I went to see the magnificent Public Image Limited last night in Reading .
Awesome concert new stuff was brilliant old stuff done with new versions !
Piss up until silly o'clock with the 2 Johns afterwards ,roll on Friday at Shepherds Bush !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Have heard good things about them and the John Lennon looky-likey in particular.
I saw them on November 5th 1995,(the day Wonderwall went in the charts), at Earls Court, when they supported Oasis. They did a great set, and then when Oasis did their encore, "I am the Walrus," thay came back on in their Sgt Pepper gear and joined in. Good days! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Maiden's new album. Simply brilliant. 8) :barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The Libertines new album is good

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:The Libertines new album is good
I really liked their early stuff but then the fat junkie kinda put me off them a bit. Is the new album up to the early stuff, Flash?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I heard a few tracks on someone's Iphone in work and what I heard sounded well good...some good guitar riffs etc

in the meantime

Good music EXCELLENT Video! :-P :-P :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXqWwKamMk

ps: NSFW :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

VAN HALEN _ Play to 300,000 in concert in 1983 - the whole gig Is AWESOME - But if you don't have time (2Hrs+) Just watch the last 20 minutes...Beyond belief!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY3vt-48Zzk

:bowing21: :bowing21: :dancingbanana: :bowing21: :dancingbanana: :bowing21: :dancingbanana:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:VAN HALEN _ Play to 300,000 in concert in 1983 - the whole gig Is AWESOME - But if you don't have time (2Hrs+) Just watch the last 20 minutes...Beyond belief!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY3vt-48Zzk

:bowing21: :bowing21: :dancingbanana: :bowing21: :dancingbanana: :bowing21: :dancingbanana:

Looks like Metal Day at the US Festival 83. Old Oirish TV channel RTE2 once showed that whole day's worth (Ozzy, Crue, Priest, VH etc) on a Sunday afternoon back in the 80's. Awesome gig. 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Saw Peter and the Test Tube Babies in Dusseldorf a couple of weekends ago.

Punktastic :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

arseofacrow wrote:Saw Peter and the Test Tube Babies in Dusseldorf a couple of weekends ago.

:high5:

Punk Rock Since 1978.

I'm a maniac!

Seen 'em back in '02 in a pub. So many old-school bovver boys; the place fairly reeked of cider and amphetamines.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Off to watch The Melvins tomorrow in Reading.

Impenetrable sludgerock dirge-fest looming - can't wait.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I went to see the wonderful Public Image last week (twice) and they are fucking brilliant , they are also great hosts ,heres a pic of Herd and pals after the Gig having a singsong !

Last edited by Herd on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:Saw Peter and the Test Tube Babies in Dusseldorf a couple of weekends ago.

Used to run into them quite a lot in Brighton, especially in a pub called The Richmond. I remember him having two female Japanese "fans" constantly following him around. Used to see Captain Sensible around a lot as well,often in the "Albert" in Trafalgar Street watching the "Fabulous Fish Brothers."

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Just downloaded Clutch new album Psycho Warfare and Bad Touch Halfway Home a blues rock type album really good. Also Winery Dogs Hot Streak

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
I saw them on November 5th 1995,(the day Wonderwall went in the charts), at Earls Court, when they supported Oasis. They did a great set, and then when Oasis did their encore, "I am the Walrus," thay came back on in their Sgt Pepper gear and joined in. Good days! :barscarf:
I was at that concert. I got last minute returns and was up in the Gods overlooking the stage. Had a better view of backstage then the front. Seen the Bootleg Beatles a couple times. Its part of the criteria needed to live in Liverpool.