ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Transfers (McD has been at twitter again) merged thread

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:13 pm
The Mirror claim Aaron Ramsey will leave #Arsenal next summer as talks over a new contract have completely broken down. https://t.co/e9aL5dgaDj
BBC say AFC and Ramsay agreed four year deal, but The Arsenal withdrew their offer.

its the right move, let him go play in a team where he can play further forward and to his strengths.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:15 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:09 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 am
The whole thing is just a farce. Paying Ozil such an obscene amount of money as a benchmark, letting another contract run down like this. We gave the bloke 3 contracts in his first 2 years with us but once he is a first teamer and a significant (financial) asset we are incapable of tying him down.

One thing is for sure in my mind and that is that we should not be paying him a king’s ransom - but I would rather have sold him for 30m+ (which he would easily fetch) than watch him go on a free.
We have fucked things up again it would appear. He should have been told to sign or go during the summer when we could have got some money for him and we could have bought a proper midfielder. Difficult for the new contracts people to deal with at that point but some of the twonks who departed this summer should be sued for negligence (or shot :rubchin: ) the way they have let players contracts run down with complete disregard for the clubs finances. It's no wonder our transfer piggy bank is fucked we keep throwing money away.

I made that very same argument here in the last week of july, and there were some who refused to agree with it cos they felt that he would still sign :roll: Personally I dont care if dick wanted to keep ramsey or even have his babies, cos for me selling him was a decision for the club to make not the manager, but yet again we balls'd up that decision :roll: :oops: :oops: It defies belief that we are being held to ransom by a guy whose talent really is nothing special :evil: :censored:

I recall you making the point. What I just can't get my head round is the fact that the club must have known whether they were close to Ramsey's contract demands or whether they were miles apart. That is a pretty good indicator as to whether a deal is going to get done or not and then they simply act accordingly. It annoys the fuck out of me that we are consistently getting fucked over getting nothing for players. Coupled with some classic overspend on the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi and we really are making a mess of things.

Just told by my son that Ornstein is saying Ramsey will be off next summer unless a big change of circumstances. I couldn't care less about twirly going but getting nothing for him beggars belief.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:13 pm
The Mirror claim Aaron Ramsey will leave #Arsenal next summer as talks over a new contract have completely broken down. https://t.co/e9aL5dgaDj
BBC say AFC and Ramsay agreed four year deal, but The Arsenal withdrew their offer.

its the right move, let him go play in a team where he can play further forward and to his strengths.
Another one who could have been much better with proper management and coaching. He's probably thrown his dolly out the pram now because he's actually being made to do some work and can't get away with doing fuck all and wandering around at half-pace like he's been used to. He's another one who seems to be too associated with the last regime and I'm not surprised the manager and board aren't bothered about keeping him. He'll end up at somewhere like Borussia Dortmund or Everton or Monaco-
not really anywhere massive for a for few years before working his way back to Cardiff in 5 years time.

OneBardGooner

Ramsey Set To Leave Arsenal

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45663651

Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal midfielder set to leave after club withdraws contract offer.

Fuck him the messi-lite mr hollywood cuntt.

goonersid

Re: Ramsey Set To Leave Arsenal

Post by goonersid »

Were we told that he was central to Emerys plans?
Seems strange!
Personally I’ll be glad to see the back of him, despite some great moments eg cup final winning goals, however these were few and far between and his time at the club was one of frustrating mediocrity interrupted by injuries.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I'll help him pack his bags and drive him wherever he wants to go. If there was ever a player that summed up the latter Wenger years it would be him. Him and Wally.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck him. He should now be nowhere near the match day squad let alone the first team. Banish the prick to the U-23s or whatever they’re called these days.

However if he is still to be involved he should fall victim to the boo boys and get some serious shit from the fans. Boo the bastard’s every touch.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Another of le fartpipes favourites who thinks he is far better than he actually is..should've been shown the door in the summer.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm
Fuck him. He should now be nowhere near the match day squad let alone the first team. Banish the prick to the U-23s or whatever they’re called these days.

However if he is still to be involved he should fall victim to the boo boys and get some serious shit from the fans. Boo the bastard’s every touch.

Spot on Rodders - I hope he gets abuse - as Falkirk says he was one of wengercuntslops favourites and always got played even when he was utter shyte rather than the regular meh! Maybe it shouldn't be too much of a surprise - seeing as the one who always gave him preferential treatment was sacked - Ooops! sorry decided to 'step down' last summer - and now ramsey thinks he can still get away with being shyte and wearing the Red & White of AFC - Fuck him.

BBC website Gossip:

Juventus and AC Milan are interested in signing Arsenal's Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey. The 27-year-old is likely to leave the club in the summer. (Evening Standard)

Arsenal are open to selling Ramsey in January to avoid losing him for free. (Mirror)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This is well covered in the transfers thread lads. Merging this one into there. :roll:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

That Mirror article written by Cross is fucking disgusting. Look how he victimizes Ramsey in every twist and in every way possible. Fuck Ramsey the Wenger loving prick and good riddance. He is the one who has held the club hostage. He is the one who has actually turned down several contract offers from two different managers (probably wenga boy offered one also).

Probably Dick wanted to secure new contract for him but saw later on that he isn't worth it. Right call in my opinion. But, it was the wrong call to not to sell him during summer window. Who knows why they didn't do that. Did the club evaluate his importance to the fans for example wrong. I'd imagine the new regime didn't want to sell him right away if this was the case. I mean, look how Cross portrays him as a fan favorite, best player in the club etc. Well, couldn't care less to be honest. Banish him to U-23 and let him rot there.

EDIT. Actually, now that Gazidis is going, could it be that Sanllehi and Mislintant didn't value Ramsey much in the first place and now that Gazidis is going they decided to call the deal off?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 pm
Another of le fartpipes favourites who thinks he is far better than he actually is..should've been shown the door in the summer.
The epitome of a glory hunter - he’s happy to put effort in to score but hardly ever bothers with his defensive duties.
Flick here, back heel there, doesn’t make you a great player.
He is not integral to the team at all, reckon we function better without him ( but lose his stamina to pop up late on)

Maybe the club offered the contract with a deadline, which has now elapsed, and so are for once playing hardball and saying it’s no longer on the table- making plans for the January window.

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by 1989 »

Ramsey is a clown. I'm sure he thought he could hold out for an Ozil type deal but we are not ran by Gazidis and Wenger anymore. Unlucky mate.

I reckon he's deluded enough to expect the likes of Juventus and Barca to be vying for him as well.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:50 pm
Were we told that he was central to Emerys plans?
Seems strange!
Personally I’ll be glad to see the back of him, despite some great moments eg cup final winning goals, however these were few and far between and his time at the club was one of frustrating mediocrity interrupted by injuries.
This could be said about every Arsenal player over the last decade.

But if it was a choice of Ramsey or Ozil i would always choice Ramsey.That Ozil deal of £350k a week still sticks in the throat.Absolutely mental

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 pm
The epitome of a glory hunter - he’s happy to put effort in to score but hardly ever bothers with his defensive duties.
Flick here, back heel there, doesn’t make you a great player.
He is not integral to the team at all, reckon we function better without him ( but lose his stamina to pop up late on)

Maybe the club offered the contract with a deadline, which has now elapsed, and so are for once playing hardball and saying it’s no longer on the table- making plans for the January window.

IF (and I doubt that we have the cajones tbh), but IF we are playing hardball then ramsey doesnt seen any first team action between here and january - all the talk now is that he will not be staying but is refusing to leave in january, so we have to go back and take control of the situation by forcing him to go in january, or leave him rot for the next 8 months 8) He has to know that the market for his signiture will soften significantly if he isnt playing first team football for an extended period of time, so it would be in his interests to go in january and thus we would be able to bring in some money for his departure