THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Herd

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by Herd »

Never got liked or approcuated metal and it's hard to avoid when u have lived in the USA.
My son got into it big time though and he conned me into buying tickets for him and his pals and attending an Iron Maiden Gig at Brixton which was a benefit for a former drummer of theres I think.
I was expecting to laugh at the proceedings but found the gig and the people attending it a breath of fresh air !
I also knew more of the songs than I thought I did !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Never got liked or approcuated metal and it's hard to avoid when u have lived in the USA.
My son got into it big time though and he conned me into buying tickets for him and his pals and attending an Iron Maiden Gig at Brixton which was a benefit for a former drummer of theres I think.
I was expecting to laugh at the proceedings but found the gig and the people attending it a breath of fresh air !
Welcome to the dark side, Herd! :drums: :stearmaster: Image

Maiden are a fantastic live band (for a bunch of fuckers now in their late 50s!!) :D Seen them on a few occasions and was never let down. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Never got liked or approcuated metal and it's hard to avoid when u have lived in the USA.

Maiden are a fantastic live band (for a bunch of fuckers now in their late 50s!!) :D Seen them on a few occasions and was never let down. 8)
Dontcha just LOVE Rock & Roll ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

phpBB [video]
FUUUUUUUCKKKK YEAH!!! :barscarf: 8) :drums: :stearmaster:

3 seconds into that and my head was nodding, toes tapping! :barscarf: 8)
Just watching that video (and with fucking excellent sound too OneBard!!) makes me want to be in a mosh pit! :D 8) You just cannot beat rock/metal bands for live shows. Nothing like being in a heaving jumping crowd of 100,000 people and feeling the bass in your chest!! :D 8)

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Would have loved to have gone to Croke Park to see the Boss. Too close to our return from holidays to have done both. :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

phpBB [video]
FUUUUUUUCKKKK YEAH!!! :barscarf: 8) :drums: :stearmaster:

3 seconds into that and my head was nodding, toes tapping! :barscarf: 8)
Just watching that video (and with fucking excellent sound too OneBard!!) makes me want to be in a mosh pit! :D 8) You just cannot beat rock/metal bands for live shows. Nothing like being in a heaving jumping crowd of 100,000 people and feeling the bass in your chest!! :D 8)
ABSO FUCKIN LUTELY!

Still weird seeing axl Rose on stage with AC/DC - He handles the vocals very well etc - But I remember when Brian Johnson took over from Bon Scott - I just thought Naaah!...But then I heard Back In Black and then saw them on the Back In Black Tour and they still 'Had It'....

phpBB [video]

I just hope Brian Johnson is able to return at some point..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

AC / DC In London Last Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXy-q_H38g4

:barscarf: . . Image . ImageImage . Image :barscarf:

Excellent Visuals and Sound! Image

Herd

Post by Herd »

I was supposed to see the the Bollocks Bros and the Riders on Friday in Hamburg but couldnt make it or the PIL gig at Indigo o2 on Saturday but will go to Brighton next week for that !

Otherwise its slim musical pickings for me at the moment !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The more listen to the music of Ralph Vaughan Williams the more I want to - He truly was a Genius.....

Two of his more well known and loved works... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihx5LCF1yJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLhpkvQLDt0

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbott at Thetford Forest last night. Fantastic! Went through the card from Happy Hour to the latest album. Two amazing voices. Catch them live if you get the chance.

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Would love to have seen the Eagles at the O2. More difficult for me to attend gigs in and around London nowadays, as I'm now in Bristol. Seeing Feeder in October though :D

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

My daughter has spent the last week watching Scooby Doo meets Kiss. I've had to get my Kiss CDs down from the attic for her to listen to in the car. She's now told her mother she doesn't want a my little pony party for her birthday she wants a Kiss party, a Kiss poster and a Kiss T-shirt and go to their next show.

She's not 5 until October. Haven't got the heart to tell her that the blokes in Kiss are knocking 70. Its been a bit of fun listening to some of their stuff again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote:My daughter has spent the last week watching Scooby Doo meets Kiss. I've had to get my Kiss CDs down from the attic for her to listen to in the car. She's now told her mother she doesn't want a my little pony party for her birthday she wants a Kiss party, a Kiss poster and a Kiss T-shirt and go to their next show.

She's not 5 until October. Haven't got the heart to tell her that the blokes in Kiss are knocking 70. Its been a bit of fun listening to some of their stuff again.
Could be worse norm - she could be into Bue or gangster rap etc

Count Yer blessings Mate Belieeeeve me Count Yer Blessings. :wink: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Total Chillax Music 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYQnxE7D7s&spfreload=5

Went to see Hancock back in 85 or it may been 86 Ronnie Scott's - Nearly fainted when she said it was £6 for ahalf guinness :shock: ? :? .well it was the eighties and I was still recovering fromt eh 1970's :mrgreen: :whee: :ihh: