Emirates Cup 2013/Galatasary and Trouble at Overseas Games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
EC3

Re: Emirates Cup 2013

Post by EC3 »

Italy worst place in Europe for football away trips.

Great if you want to walk around looking at buildings and stuffing your boat with ice cream and pizza, but having a good drink etc.........forget it.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Den10kamp wrote:
I was on one of the official buses from that park, our windows got put in by ultras using golfballs and spanners whilst on mopeds on the flyover near the stadium, the bus that got driven the wrong way was an unnofficial ... i remember seeing that pull into the pen about 40 mins after we were waiting there to get in.... state of it ...

worst three days away ever, when we had fun we had fun but ultras seemed to have spotters at every irish bar in town and we seemed to be attacked everywhere we went and followed by the real enemies (cabinieri) where ever we went (without looking for it or wearing shirts)

3 of us were having breakfast in a cafe terrace in the vatican city the day after the game and we had a riot van pull up open out patting their batons (no homo) and watch us eat from 4ft away, we just carried on eating breakfast then got followed back to our hotel, then subsequently to the airport terminal building...

maybe they just wanted to make sure we were fucking off back home ????

Fuck Rome Shithole
Fuckin' Hell I was totally oblivious to any of that going on! We were in an Irish bar for a while but fucked off off the beaten path as it was starting to get messy, ended up in a student bar somewhere or other (no idea where). Good night but I paid for it the following day. Managed to find a restaurent that would give me a beer on the match day so had a few settlers there before getting an official bus to game, apart from being crushed onto it and it not moving for ages it was fine, ours had no trouble.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

EC3 wrote:Italy worst place in Europe for football away trips.

Great if you want to walk around looking at buildings and stuffing your boat with ice cream and pizza, but having a good drink etc.........forget it.
I've had some awesome nights in Italy
especially partying all night in Milan after the 2-0.
All about getting a bunch of you in a good restaurant (pref owned by a supporter of the City's other team) and you can keep on boozing and eating forever.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Came accross this.

Sorry skizz, thread seems to have gone off on a tangent

Last edited by RoscommonGooner on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skizz_b

Re: Galatasaray at Emirates Cup/Trouble at Games Abroad

Post by skizz_b »

nee bother, changed the thread title as it is an interesting discussion not only from rome but trouble abroad anywhere

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I remember some weird trouble in Galicia (Depotivo away I think but could have been Celta Vigo)
they had two different types of police - the local ones were fat, old and knew how to handle themselves
they had national (military?) type police as well - young and jittery

Inside the stadium one drunk gooner threw some beer (presumably non-alcoholic)
over a young copper - the copper and several of his mates piled into all of us
whacking people randomly (including one person who bounced down the steps and literally had their eyeball hanging out)
I was with mates but my mum and dad had travelled too
- saw my mum trying to steam in, think she thought a policeman had hit me!

luckily the local police grabbed the young coppers - pulled them away and gave them clips round the ear
for a second it could have seriously degenerated into a bad situation
Last edited by highburyJD on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

highburyJD wrote:I remember some weird trouble in Galicia (Depotivo away I think but could have been Celta Vigo)
they had two different types of police - the local ones were fat, old and new how to handle themselves
they had national (military?) type police as well - young and jittery

Inside the stadium one drunk gooner threw some beer (presumably non-alcoholic)
over a young copper - the copper and several of his mates piled into all of us
whacking people randomly (including one person who bounced down the steps and literally had their eyeball hanging out)
I was with mates but my mum and dad had travelled too - saw my mum trying to steam in, think she thought a policeman had hit me!

luckily the local police grabbed the young coppers - pulled them away and gave them clips round the ear
for a second it could have seriously degenerated into a bad situation
:popcorn:

:wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the club must be out of their minds.

this is deeply disrespectful to us and Leeds fans.

Half the English firms will be out and about Leeds, Chelsea (who got attacked at the airport). our lot, west ham, Cockeny Reds, etc.

A lot of scores to settle and the club also missing two points - one, a club with a muslim fan base is going to be a target for the far right after France 1998 ( i was there, it was terrifying - those *word censored* were all tooled up then too..), 7/7 , etc etc The EDF will out for it , and 2) those herberts from firms like stoke, scunnie, oldham, tranmere etc who have been on banning orders can come down for the night before and after the game...

and if you think gala's fans have calmed down - its only cos away fans are banned at gala, besitkas and fenebache games. so the scum have been fighting at other sports - this one was wheelchair basketball, and no i'm not kidding :

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/10/outrage-a ... h-3310727/

Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Den10kamp wrote:
highburyJD wrote:I love Rome
if you're going to Euro away games
and don't want any trouble - Irish pubs are seriously not the way to go
Thanks for that
Rome was mustard. Best bar was the one Tottenham were recently in, good pub crawl from there with a load of yank students 8)

Irish bars being closed in Munchen though, that was annoying.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

clockender1 wrote:the club must be out of their minds.

this is deeply disrespectful to us and Leeds fans.

Half the English firms will be out and about Leeds, Chelsea (who got attacked at the airport). our lot, west ham, Cockeny Reds, etc.

A lot of scores to settle and the club also missing two points - one, a club with a muslim fan base is going to be a target for the far right after France 1998 ( i was there, it was terrifying - those *word censored* were all tooled up then too..), 7/7 , etc etc The EDF will out for it , and 2) those herberts from firms like stoke, scunnie, oldham, tranmere etc who have been on banning orders can come down for the night before and after the game...

and if you think gala's fans have calmed down - its only cos away fans are banned at gala, besitkas and fenebache games. so the scum have been fighting at other sports - this one was wheelchair basketball, and no i'm not kidding :

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/10/outrage-a ... h-3310727/
if EDF fascist mugs are stupid enough to turn up in Islington I know who's side Gooners will be on
those Northern nazi pricks would be crazy to try anything in North London
they'd be torn limb from limb - there aren't enough police to save them

and in the spirit of the Bear fighting NF racist scum
I'd be happy to see Sperz, Galatasaray or anyone else help do it

on a side note - respect for Leeds? er, why?
who cares about Leeds. I have no respect for them
and less for sell-out cockney reds

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

highburyJD wrote: if EDF fascist mugs are stupid enough to turn up in Islington I know who's side Gooners will be on
those Northern nazi pricks would be crazy to try anything in North London
they'd be torn limb from limb - there aren't enough police to save them

and in the spirit of the Bear fighting NF racist scum
I'd be happy to see Sperz, Galatasaray or anyone else help do it

on a side note - respect for Leeds? er, why?
who cares about Leeds. I have no respect for them
and less for sell-out cockney reds
i think there are a few Arsenal members of the EDF and a lot of those EDF guys are Chelsea/Leeds Loyalists too. The Arsenal have always had a far right element but it was more about the Oirish politics than race, though i'm sure the racists kept it on the downlow cos of the Bear and his gang.

Politics does cross club boundaries and always have done - this one is more about islamophobia/accusations of Islamofascism among right wing/ far right groups, and most of of not all of the EDF follow England away, that's how they know each other.

And its not like chelsea and millwall bods haven't piggy backed our big games in Europe over the last 20 or so years is it ? people forget that a lot of Gooners grew up in West and South London respectively, myself included - back in the 80's i used to go with fellow Gooners to Chelsea with their Slough/Hounslow lads and they'd come to Arsenal when the chavs were away. if neither of us were home we'd go to QPR (we weren't welcome around the Boleyn ground funnily enough)

both Paris '95 and Cardiff 2001 featured guest appearances from lads from other clubs when trouble kicked off. i know i was there :wink: i am sure there was many others

i think this has a lot of potential for trouble - if not at the ground, then at least in the West End and on the tube or Victoria/Kings Cross.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Islington was the first place bombed in the Blitz, we suffered some of the worst V2 hits
Retarded racist Northerners might think playing Nazis is a joke
its isn't

Islington is a fascist free zone.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

My understanding is that Galatasaray have a dreadful reputation even in Turkey. So given their history with us and, more so, with Leeds then why invite them of all teams....? Will sell tickets, but big mistake :box: !

And comments on Rome etc make me realise how lucky I've been in Europe these last few years. Maybe I should stop going now, before my luck runs out.... :shock: !

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

MK Gould wrote: And comments on Rome etc make me realise how lucky I've been in Europe these last few years. Maybe I should stop going now, before my luck runs out.... :shock: !
That was one of my first European aways and i've been to most of them since, haven't seen anything near to it since. Plus to be fair i think Man Utd and Boro had a far worse time over there than us, seem to recall Liverpool fans having a nightmare trip down to Napoli as well. Never experienced anything but friendly banter in Milan and Udine, is it a Southern Italy thing?

One of the scariest moments following us away in Europe though was trying to find the bloody entrance to the away section at Partizan Belgrade, didn't know you had to break a police line and cross some grassland. Ended up walking round the whole of the stadium and had to squeeze through the Grobari as they were entering their section, pretty edgy that.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

highburyJD wrote:Islington was the first place bombed in the Blitz, we suffered some of the worst V2 hits
Retarded racist Northerners might think playing Nazis is a joke
its isn't

Islington is a fascist free zone.
yep, all Arsenal fans are islington born and bred.

:roll: :blah: