The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sally Cinnamon

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am
Valencia boss Marcelino has confirmed he’s keeping tabs on three potential defensive recruits, including Arsenal’s Gabriel.

Sell, Sell, Sell!!

Infact how about two for the price of one?, throw in Debuchy for nothing.

:twisted:
We should start doing a loyalty card system. Sign 3 of our deadwood players and you can have a 4th for free. His wages are now your problem.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am
Valencia boss Marcelino has confirmed he’s keeping tabs on three potential defensive recruits, including Arsenal’s Gabriel.

Sell, Sell, Sell!!

Infact how about two for the price of one?, throw in Debuchy AND Gibbsfor nothing.

:twisted:
:high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:01 am
I see Mahrez is trying to force his way out of Leicester - that must be music to TO1AW's ears, as its exactly the sort of two bob featherweight c.unt he'd like to dress up as an exciting deadline day signing. It'll be him or the other flaky prick from Monaco, and no sight of a decent keeper, centre half or midfielder.

Another season of shite. 7th place - mark my words. United, City, Scum, Liverpool, Everton and Chavski will be over the hills and far away by Christmas. This is the new normal
I thought Mahrez was sensational for Leicester. Player of the season who, when the pressure of winning a title with Leicester was well and truly in squeaky bum time, didn't crumble and carried on scoring and assisting.
- to describe someone like that as two-bob is a tad harsh :shock: :lol:

Personally, I'd be quite happy with Mahrez and Sanchez cutting in from the wings. Both can score and assist.
He was immense in that title winning season, but last season he looked flaky and up until the final few games was hardly contributing at all. Still looks a bit fair weather to me, but granted he was incredible 2 seasons ago

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Adidas are coming back? :barscarf:

(According to the DM?)
Last edited by robbo10 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herd

Post by Herd »

So we now have a raft of players who will end up without a contract at the end of the season and will likely leave .
Better win it Arsene !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Footie website:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says more players will be leaving the Gunners before the end of the transfer window, because the squad is too big. (Telegraph)

Good News - Yes, BUT it also means that for certain no other players will be signed...and yesterday's win over the chavs in the tin pot cup will give him all the excuses his deluded self needs to spend no more Wonga.

Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is ready to accept Arsenal's refusal to sell him and will see out the final year of his contract before leaving on a free transfer next year. (Mirror)

I still reckon Alexis will go before the close of the transfer window - Wenker is too much of a tightwadcunt to not make a profit somehow....

#WENGERCUNTSLOPOUT

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

We're going into our 1st game of the season with both Ramsey and Ozil injury doubts. If we'd got Lemar over the line early it wouldn't have been a problem. But now...well we've been here before haven't we.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-transf ... ra-1633785

Lucas Moura has now been thrown into the mix of players we'll never sign.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Sally Cinnamon wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am
We're going into our 1st game of the season with both Ramsey and Ozil injury doubts. If we'd got Lemar over the line early it wouldn't have been a problem. But now...well we've been here before haven't we.
More game time for Elneny. :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 am
Adidas are coming back? :barscarf:

(According to the DM?)
And the Mirror, this was actually a story months ago I think but didn't get much coverage, it makes sense since our deal is now so poor compared to rivals, it will be hard to get good commercial deals though when the club shows f*ck all ambition and therefore never wins anything apart from domestic cups. :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 am
BBC Footie website:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says more players will be leaving the Gunners before the end of the transfer window, because the squad is too big. (Telegraph)

Good News - Yes, BUT it also means that for certain no other players will be signed...and yesterday's win over the chavs in the tin pot cup will give him all the excuses his deluded self needs to spend no more Wonga.

Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is ready to accept Arsenal's refusal to sell him and will see out the final year of his contract before leaving on a free transfer next year. (Mirror)

I still reckon Alexis will go before the close of the transfer window - Wenker is too much of a tightwadcunt to not make a profit somehow....

#WENGERCUNTSLOPOUT
yes agreed the overall tone of optimism or complacency could be a downside of beating the Chavs...certainly Wenger will convince himself we now have a team of world beaters...no more signings required here.....

interesting season coming up..... :popcorn:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

If the Frenchman has his way, eight of the squad with which he aims to start the new campaign will be in the situation he was in as the season draws to a close.

Top stars Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jack Wilshere are among those whose contracts expire next summer.

They are then free to leave, which means that Arsenal could be something like £150m out of pocket on their combined current value.

Ideal situation indeed.......

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Happened to be watching the transfer "ins & outs" of all the clubs on Sky yesterday. We have 2 in & 7 out. Two of the 7 were Sanogo & that Polish keeper, Chezny or however you spell his name???.....The other 5....4 on a free and one out on loan, I have never even heard of :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I guess Walcott......and the rest of that mob (too many to mention) are all staying?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 am
The problem here is that with all the goings on what we tend to forget that waht we really need is a midfielder with the quality of
Santini Cazorla who may not be fit to play for us ever again.

Without him we are consigned to a life of Ramsey !
He'll be getting his full wedge for at least 3 more years though, so thankfully, on the financial side he is going to be well taken care of by one of the many generous benefits packages that Wenger has introduced at the club.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I'm sure Kolasinac will improve us slightly as will Lacazette but we need more quality options in midfield and we could do with offloading Gabriel and replacing him with a better CB, he still can't speak a word of English by all accounts.

We have Coquelin, Elneny, Wilshere and Cazorla ffs and not one of them is good enough in terms of ability or fitness, that's probably £250-300K a week in wages which is effectively what we are paying Elneny as our 3rd choice CM, good job Arsene you sure know how to waste money well for someone with a degree in economics.

So much to do, so little time to do it - supermarket sweep time on 31st August..