ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:51 pm
🚨 Chelsea reach verbal agreement to sign Joao Felix on loan from Atletico Madrid. Fee ~€11m (below initial #Atleti ask). Man Utd + Arsenal keen so 23yo had choice & #CFC project appealed. More reinforcements to follow this month @TheAthleticFC #MUFC #AFC
Thank fuck for that, he’s shite!

Project me hole, the only thing that appealed was the money they waved in his face. There’s no project at the chavs only a fucking dumpster fire.

Welcome aboard!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:18 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 Chelsea reach verbal agreement to sign Joao Felix on loan from Atletico Madrid. Fee ~€11m (below initial #Atleti ask). Man Utd + Arsenal keen so 23yo had choice & #CFC project appealed. More reinforcements to follow this month @TheAthleticFC #MUFC #AFC

Project me hole, the only thing that appealed was the money they waved in his face. There’s no project at the chavs only a fucking dumpster fire.

Welcome aboard!
No champions league for him then :D :D :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Welcome aboard!
Presumably the project is to see how long it takes to get Potter the sack.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:44 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:43 am
Someone mentioned getting Artur Melo on loan from Juventus as he's not had a game at Liverpool. I'd say stay the fuck away from him, he played one game for Liverpool got substituted for Jay Spearing and can't get ahead of milner (38), Henderson (36), Thiago (injured), Fabinho (32 and injured), Oxlade-Chamberlain ( injury prone) and Elliot (18). He hasn't played for Juventus for 2 seasons. Unbelievable stuff.
If Tielemans is available in January, then yes go for him. Jao Felix is backup for ESR at best, just hasn't done anything to look like a €100m striker, been worse than Grealish.
Striker options are slim pickings, but how about Mitrovic on a short term deal, given Ivan Toney's current predicament.
Melo is injured and has been for the last couple of months, he's out apparently for at least another month
That's not what I heard a week ago, he's been training either on his own or with the kids for a couple of weeks. That's why he's looking for another club

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Someone mentioned getting Artur Melo on loan from Juventus as he's not had a game at Liverpool. I'd say stay the fuck away from him, he played one game for Liverpool got substituted for Jay Spearing and can't get ahead of milner (38), Henderson (36), Thiago (injured), Fabinho (32 and injured), Oxlade-Chamberlain ( injury prone) and Elliot (18). He hasn't played for Juventus for 2 seasons. Unbelievable stuff.
If Tielemans is available in January, then yes go for him. Jao Felix is backup for ESR at best, just hasn't done anything to look like a €100m striker, been worse than Grealish.
Striker options are slim pickings, but how about Mitrovic on a short term deal, given Ivan Toney's current predicament.
Melo is injured and has been for the last couple of months, he's out apparently for at least another month
That's not what I heard a week ago, he's been training either on his own or with the kids for a couple of weeks. That's why he's looking for another club
Go on admit it, your source was Bobby wasn't it :wink: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:21 pm
Nos89 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Bobby? :tumbleweed:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:24 pm
Nos89 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
The woeful quality of your posts make my transfer rumours look like they’ve been written by Shakespeare.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Welcome aboard!
Presumably the project is to see how long it takes to get Potter the sack.
Potter.....looks a dead man walking....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:

This may surprise Nos my friend, but I agree with both of these suggestions. I've been thinking that we could do a lot worse than Mitrovic for quite a while. Impossible to bully, good in the air, no slouch on the ground and scores goals. I wonder if he's hard to manage, because he has the look of a bloke who'll do what he wants and that's it....might be doing him an injustice.

I also think we should go back in for Douglas Luiz. I think he signed an extension, but so what.

shu

Post by shu »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:17 pm
Nos89 wrote:

This may surprise Nos my friend, but I agree with both of these suggestions. I've been thinking that we could do a lot worse than Mitrovic for quite a while. Impossible to bully, good in the air, no slouch on the ground and scores goals. I wonder if he's hard to manage, because he has the look of a bloke who'll do what he wants and that's it....might be doing him an injustice.

I also think we should go back in for Douglas Luiz. I think he signed an extension, but so what.

I would prefer your two to the other two as they actually provide cover in the positions we need. Mitrovic is proven Felix isn’t .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:37 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

The woeful quality of your posts make my transfer rumours look like they’ve been written by Shakespeare.
Woeful quality of my posts? You mean there is quality control on this forum...???
That explains why your posts don't make sense as they were written by at 12 different people 500 years ago...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Melo is expected back from injury around 4th Feb.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:55 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:37 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Woeful quality of my posts? You mean there is quality control on this forum...???
That explains why your posts don't make sense as they were written by at 12 different people 500 years ago...
The lady doth protest too much, methinks. :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Arteta not giving off good transfer vibes in the post match...surely we must strengthen...

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:37 pm
Transfer window getting very boring now. Tick Tock, Tick tock. zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ!
Its only 9 days old :lol: