FA CUP 3RD ROUND THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: FA CUP 3RD ROUND THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

Amaury Bischoff, SQ Park and now Postman YaYa. Top of the WTF transfers of the century.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:Amaury Bischoff, SQ Park and now Postman YaYa. Top of the WTF transfers of the century.
Viviano, Billy Joel Campbell, Mikael Silvestre, Squillachi all also spring to mind. What a stunning piece of business that last one was - £5m transfer fee, 50k per week wages and what did we get?

How many more years before Billy gets his work permit ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Finding out alien head Sylvestre had signed was one of the darkest days of my life.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can't realistically see us winning this one if Podolski plays as bad as he did yesterday.

a shame that half of the team is now injured as there should be a good atmosphere for this (given the kick off time) similar to what we saw against Liverpool.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

2-2

Shame we have so many injuries for our biggest game of the season yet in the only competition we might possibly have a chance of winning

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Herd wrote:Destroy the Red Sea pedestrians !
Some of us wear red and white old chap.
SPUDMASHER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Perhaps our new signing will be in place by the game?
Really! Can't see that happening much before deadline day myself......although I do think it will happen this time.
No idea.

But with Podolski just not looking like a lone striker (and why should he?) could we even take to the field in a 4-6-0?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

All the way from Tenerife posting this.... :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Current state of affairs on the ticket exchange. Has it ever been easier to get NLD tickets?!

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Dan_85 wrote:Current state of affairs on the ticket exchange. Has it ever been easier to get NLD tickets?!

Was well pissed off when the tickets went to TX and their was loads of lower tier tickets left. Just spunked an extra tenner away to sit in a worse area of the ground :banghead: .

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Ryanswannell wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Current state of affairs on the ticket exchange. Has it ever been easier to get NLD tickets?!

Was well pissed off when the tickets went to TX and their was loads of lower tier tickets left. Just spunked an extra tenner away to sit in a worse area of the ground :banghead: .
Always wait for tx :wink: Means you normally take a chance with only getting a ticket last minute but 99% of the time you can get a cheaper ticket in a livelier part of the ground.

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Dan_85 wrote: Always wait for tx :wink: Means you normally take a chance with only getting a ticket last minute but 99% of the time you can get a cheaper ticket in a livelier part of the ground.
I will do now mate. Thanks to me not taking TX into account, I am now sitting way up in the heavens in the North Bank. I know there are worse areas of the ground, but you cant beat being in the lower tier (for me at least 8) )

EDIT: Just out of interest, who is going to this one? I'm a little curious as to why there are so many spare tickets :rubchin: .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Scum know their season (as prem title contenders or even top 5 is OVERRRRRR!) That along with their win over the manc scum will have them well up for this, I just hope Inspector Clueless doesn't play a carling cup/reserve team....It could still be our best chance of silver ware!

WE HATE TOTTNUM THEY IS FUCKING SCUM :barscarf: :box:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: UP THE ARSE!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Yep, I got one today and was absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of yellow. Not only that but one of the blocks I clicked on had at least 20 seats free. Got one in the redaction section in the end :lol: :barscarf:

EsxGooner

Post by EsxGooner »

I am going. Was almost considering going for a ticket and not waiting for TX, very glad I didn't make that mistake.. pretty surprised by the number of empties considering tomorrow is Friday.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

is it on Telly ? (the BBC ?)

given the shite weather and its just after xmas, i'd expect ticket to be down a little...