watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: watford away thread

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i'll give you a forecast of lg's thoughts after our 1-1 draw at watford:

"not a bad point and we keep up our impressive unbeaten record at a resilient watford side, also great to get an away goal, superb finish from giroud who is going some way to obtaining legend status after notching his 100th goal in midweek. watched the match in the tolly and the chorus of one arsene wenger warmed my heart, a great day for gooners :barscarf:

8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Heard Parlour,on two different occasions this morning,trumpet we have now gone four games in a row without conceding. Really Ray???

And Wenger yesterday.......everyone over reacted and wrote us off too early.

Thing is with our lot he is probably referring to Top 4. That seems to be the default position with everybody in and around the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The thing that grinds my shit to chewy paste is the AKB Reset Button. Every season we get a little run of results like this and they talk about title challenges. Then we go on a losing streak and the season is fucked. Then hey-ho the following season we go on a little run of wins and the reset button gets pressed and we are on a title challenge again. Then the losing streak kicks in again. They hit that reset button every season. Sometimes twice a season! They've been doing that for 13 years. WTF? :roll:

We have Groundhog Season. They have Fucking Stupidity Season. :|

Clash

Post by Clash »

Havent heard anything from Parlour but I did see one reporter write that Wenger is starting to win back the trust of the fans :roll:

Wenger himself has once again dismissed the Anfield game as 'playing under special circumstances'' :banghead:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... pool-loss/
“This time we are going into an international break in better shape.

“I knew that everybody would write us off after the Liverpool game and jump to conclusions.

“But we played under special circumstances. It was the transfer window and some players had their heads half in and half out.

“We have responded in a united way. We have only played seven games so it is far too early to come to any conclusions.”
Again begs the question why he picked the players who he says ''had their heads half in and half out'' while leaving out players who had just signed ... but yeah lets ignore that and just dismiss the game as another accident ... that's the way to ensure it doesn't happen again :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 am
Havent heard anything from Parlour but I did see one reporter write that Wenger is starting to win back the trust of the fans :roll:

Wenger himself has once again dismissed the Anfield game as 'playing under special circumstances'' :banghead:

“I knew that everybody would write us off after the Liverpool game and jump to conclusions.

“But we played under special circumstances. It was the transfer window and some players had their heads half in and half out.

“We have responded in a united way. We have only played seven games so it is far too early to come to any conclusions.”
Again begs the question why he picked the players who he says ''had their heads half in and half out'' while leaving out players who had just signed ... but yeah lets ignore that and just dismiss the game as another accident ... that's the way to ensure it doesn't happen again :roll:
Exactly. Also WHY did those players have "their heads half in and half out''? Surely not down to the poor team spirit and frustration caused by a failing manager and a club hierarchy that can't get deals done and dusted in a normal way or timeframe? :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

and what about last season when we played Liverpool first match of the season - that was another "special circumstances" game if I remember.

funnily enough the other top clubs never seem to play in these conditions. :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:

And the Stoke game??

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am
Clash wrote:

Exactly. Also WHY did those players have "their heads half in and half out''? Surely not down to the poor team spirit and frustration caused by a failing manager and a club hierarchy that can't get deals done and dusted in a normal way or timeframe? :|

And did he know they had in/out heads before the game (in which case he's responsible for making a bad call and costing us a drubbing) or did he only realise his players' condition after the match (in which case he's responsible for bad man-management and costing us a drubbing)?

GTG

Post by GTG »

One of the biggest problems is the "flat track bully" nature of this team. It always allows Wenger to wait until we have a run of wins which we always do then he can sweep everything under the carpet and the press just lap it up.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:35 am
The thing that grinds my shit to chewy paste is the AKB Reset Button. Every season we get a little run of results like this and they talk about title challenges. Then we go on a losing streak and the season is fucked. Then hey-ho the following season we go on a little run of wins and the reset button gets pressed and we are on a title challenge again. Then the losing streak kicks in again. They hit that reset button every season. Sometimes twice a season! They've been doing that for 13 years. WTF? :roll:

We have Groundhog Season. They have Fucking Stupidity Season ad-infinitum. :|
Slight amendment there mate. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GTG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:13 pm
One of the biggest problems is the "flat track bully" nature of this team. It always allows Wenger to wait until we have a run of wins which we always do then he can sweep everything under the carpet and the press just lap it up.
I see what you did there! :D :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm
Clash wrote:

And the Stoke game??
Well yeah before the Stoke and Liverpool games Wenger was telling everyone about this newly discovered 'hunger index' bullshit ... and about how it was beneficial to the club. Then a few weeks after both games we hear how the players heads were not right. He just makes it up as he goes along. It is outrageous that he gets away with this.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Clash wrote:

What an utter arsehole he is. Wenger that is - not you Clash!!

I despise the man so much and it's primarily because of the excuses & pseudo intellectual rubbish that he spouts, more than results.

And - when did any player under Ferguson ever turn out with " his head half in and half out "???? It's your bloody job Wenger, to ensure that they are fully prepared and fully focussed. :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm
Clash wrote:

What an utter arsehole he is. Wenger that is - not you Clash!!

I despise the man so much and it's primarily because of the excuses & pseudo intellectual rubbish that he spouts, more than results. If he got called out or challenged a couple of times he wouldn't do it with such complacent smugness.

And - when did any player under Ferguson ever turn out with " his head half in and half out "???? It's your bloody job Wenger, to ensure that they are fully prepared and fully focussed. :banghead:
The press are almost as responsible as he is Mark...they allow him to continually contradict himself and spout endless crap that makes no sense.

Another thing I've noticed is how every time the press report our latest win they mention the unbeaten run we are presently on. That's 7 in a row, unbeaten now in their last 7, that's 7 in all competitions now without losing,( I thought it was 6 ???) on & on & over & over.. I wonder if that suggestion/ demand comes out of the Emirates??

They said 7 three times on Talkshite yesterday, I checked,it's 6....but then Parlour also said 4 clean sheets in a row ffs

One thing I would say is that NOBODY on Talkshite ever even mentions or considers us as title contenders. We are also rans. Six games in, thanks Arsene.

PRICK!!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

We've all said many many times, Chris that the media are so far up Wenger's backside. It defies belief how they kow-tow to him.

Reports today re: Everton and Liverpool are saying that Klopp and Koeman are both under intense pressure and both could be sacked. FFS - every other club has a bad run and their manager comes under scrutiny whereas at Arsenal it is never, ever attributed to Wenger. Not after the 8-2, the 6-0, the 10-2 or any of the other numerous abherations. When will the media grow some balls and challenge him ????????