Shit team v good team H Thurs 1 March

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Shit team v good team H Thurs 1 March

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal 1
City 4

Consequence of failure for the manager and coaching staff 0
Consequence of failure for the players 0
Hope 0
Season tickets sold 40000
Number of additional seasons with Wenger as manager 3
Chance of winning anything in that period 0
Cash generated for Kroenke Inc £100m+
Number of matches attended by the wig wearing c.unt 0

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Hope they fucking hammer us. Followed by Brighton following in the footsteps of various other shit sides this year by beating us on the road and another drubbing in Milan.

Wonder how many we’d get for Watford at home the following Sunday? Still enough to start a chant of TO1AW at the first sign of any dissent no doubt.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm
Hope they fucking hammer us. Followed by Brighton following in the footsteps of various other shit sides this year by beating us on the road and another drubbing in Milan.

Wonder how many we’d get for Watford at home the following Sunday? Still enough to start a chant of TO1AW at the first sign of any dissent no doubt.
Hilariously predictable isn't it? Also watch the mock media horror if the banners do come out again. I hear Neville was absolutely ripping into the team yesterday, but he'll be up there with Messrs Barclay and Cross declaring any dissenting fans as morons and not true fans....whilst I'm sure Keown will be telling us all how he's "earned the right to decide when he leaves"

The media reactions to fan dissent have almost become as predictable as the events on the field these days

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I used to understand the whole "i never want us to lose" logic, but at this stage, i don't get it. Thursday's game is like a glorified friendly, but any sort of positive result, and the Wenger defenders will rise from their slumber, to find the latest excuse for this loser. I would quite happily lose every league game between now and May, just to provide further embarrassment for wanker. I will be watching the 2 legs against Milan, and once we are knocked out, that il be the last game i see until next season. How anyone can give 2 fucks about any of our remaining league games (let alone go to them) is beyond me.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:44 pm
I used to understand the whole "i never want us to lose" logic, but at this stage, i don't get it. Thursday's game is like a glorified friendly, but any sort of positive result, and the Wenger defenders will rise from their slumber, to find the latest excuse for this loser. I would quite happily lose every league game between now and May, just to provide further embarrassment for wanker. I will be watching the 2 legs against Milan, and once we are knocked out, that il be the last game i see until next season. How anyone can give 2 fucks about any of our remaining league games (let alone go to them) is beyond me.

What he said ^^

I dont think milan will knock us out for what it is worth, but I would dearly love to see an absolute epic collapse from here to the rest of the season, and hopefully a few hammerings along the way 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:44 pm
the thing is there is no need to HOPE we lose on Thursday - it is fairly obvious that we will.
this is a routine match for City. they will be able to rotate their squad a bit and beat us in 2nd gear.

City 4/5 to win - best bet of the season

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 pm
Arsenal 1
City 4

Consequence of failure for the manager and coaching staff 0
Consequence of failure for the players 0
Hope 0
Season tickets sold 40000
Number of additional seasons with Wenger as manager 3
Chance of winning anything in that period 0
Cash generated for Kroenke Inc £100m+
Number of matches attended by the wig wearing c.unt 0
The relief of everyone when wenger finally fucks off. Priceless.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The AKB's will grasp onto anything that isn't a bumholing - if we win - then they will call for a bigger statue of wenger to be built NOW

If we draw - They will say the game on sunday was a blip

if we lose by one goal it will be a case of man $hitty being Lucky (Again)

If we get roasted again - It will be because all the WOB's are causing the players and manager to doubt themsleves etc etc

:blah: :blah: :blah:

The only way he is going to go this season is if we lose every game by humiliating scores etc and EVEN THEN - Kroenke will still give him the benefit of the doubt - so long as the tills keep kerrrrchinngg ingggg! :cry: :banghead:

So .......

win lose or draw we are fuckedededededed. :suicide:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Almost tempted to go to this game just to get the banners out AGAIN..

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Best way to beat city is to play it long to the wings. Going over the first two thirds of the pitch, where they press and do their best work. Aim for the wings behind the full backs. Have a front 3 with pace. Welbeck, Aubamayang and I'd go for Ozil on the right of the three.
But Wenger will put out the same team, (maybe drop Wilshere for mkhytariyan) with same tactics trying prove he was right, therefore a bigger hammering.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Tickets on general sale. Could be a few empty seats for this one. Nobody wants to be shafted twice in a week.
Except my ex she couldn't get enough

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I don't know if anything will come of it but there is huge speculation in every quarter of the press that Wenger will finish at the end of this season. If he doesn't, the next one will be absolutely catastrophic.

On the plus side for him everyone is expecting us to lose on Thursday so if he gets anything, there will be the "you can never count him out, "not finished yet" etc,etc chants ringing out everywhere.

Brilliant article....well worth reading ..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... of-winning

markyp

Post by markyp »

3-0 city,they will walk it,nothing else to say,im done with this shit

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm
Tickets on general sale. Could be a few empty seats for this one. Nobody wants to be shafted twice in a week.
She didn't go on a holiday to Ibiza did she? Think there mayne a thread about it. :)

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm
She didn't go on a holiday to Ibiza did she? Think there mayne a thread about it. :)

That was my first thought too :lol: :lol: