Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
postmanPat91

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by postmanPat91 »

Date? Time? Channel? Competition? Spelling...? :-P :wink:

Might as well close the doors if we can’t win these games

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

next home league game not for another month...tedious

this game against Cardiff should be a 3 pointer. no excuses

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:34 am
northbank123 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 am
xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:01 pm
In a perverse way I really wish Wenger was allowed to see his contract out so he would be here to reap the destruction of all the shit he sowed. I said that last season would be bad and this one under Wenger would be catastrophic. Of course Wenger, with the luck of the devil again, has escaped the fallout from the rot he started and embedded in the club.

I think every away game is going to be a titanic struggle....we are feared by nobody anymore and I can see us becoming a mid table club. We need to spend around 300m to sort this team out and we all know that is not going to happen under Stan. A mid table club with a new manager every 2 or 3 seasons. And history will tell the story that the slide started when Arsene Wenger left the club, conveniently ignoring the fact that he left us with a shower of shit. :banghead: :banghead:

A draw against Cardiff if we are lucky and a loss to Newcastle.
To be honest we would be in an even worse shape in 12 months time than we are now if Wenger had stayed. God knows where he would have splurged money in the transfer market this summer.
I heard Ramsey is demanding £350k pw...if Wenger had stayed he would be on that already. Dear God, if the club are stupid enough to pay Ramsey that....... :shock: :? :shock: :?
If Ramsey gets that I will be done with top level football :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Regarding the game, I have Cardiff to go down this year with one of the lowest points accumalation in pl history, so with that in mind I'm going for a 2-1 loss :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

if we don't win this the knives will be out already from certain sections of the media, this really should be 3 points but these days i don't expect anything, least not from away matches like this.

warnock has a history of building tough, gritty sides that make the act of playing a football match a gruelling, difficult chore and they usually play to cancel out the opposition rather than anything else, but having seen us defend like we did against wham they will be fancying themselves to score a few.

maybe that will encourage them and they will see us there for the taking, which should count for us. maybe... :|

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm
If we don’t win this then there is trouble ahead! And you can be sure we’ll lose to the toon as well !!
If he continues with his current team selections then people should stop blaming Wenger for what he left behind!
Emery signed players he’s just not fucking playing them!
Anyone saying he is giving them the rope to hang themselves is a fucking idiot!! Xhaka has signed a contract extension granted by emery! So xhaka is clearly part of his long term plans!
Worried? I fucking am! Because we could be 12-15 points be the mousers by the time we play them! And if we are then the shit will hit the fan!!

You seriously believe that sid ?? :shock: That contract was negotiated and agreed before dick joined the club, and regardless of when it was signed and announced, dick had no part to play in it

augie

Post by augie »

If I was picking this team, bellend, bangbang, mikki and iwobi would be dropped, and ozil wouldn't start either - I would start the biggest and most physical players in our squad so that we can stand up to their early bullying bullshit, and then bring in the quality to win the game in the last 20-30 minutes 8) Lichtsteiner, torreira, lacazette and even holding if need be would start in my team, and I would give them a mandate to show Warnock (c.unt) and his team of shit that we are no longer wenger's pussies, and if you kick us we will kick you right back :box: :box:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:03 pm
I would give them a mandate to show Warnock (c.unt) and his team of shit that we are no longer wenger's pussies, and if you kick us we will kick you right back :box: :box:
I think Garcedo will be giving them that mandate - to Torreira, Xhaka, Sokratis, Ramsay at least. Welbeck can put it about too.

as I said above I think we'll see an entirely different approach to this game. our new manager is a pragmatist, so he will tinker with his system - still possession based, but not with so much width from the full backs. I do expect lichtsteiner and Welbeck to start.

Post by 1989 »

Can't see any Cardiff players trying it with Sokratis to be fair. He looks a mean bastard. Lichtsteiner too of course if he starts.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

1989 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:33 pm
Can't see any Cardiff players trying it with Sokratis to be fair. He looks a mean bastard. .
pissed off greeks are mental everyone knows that. :box:

he's a smart fecker though too :
'Take the card' - Sokratis calls for Arsenal to master the dark arts after win against West Ham

the Greek defender said that they must be more cynical in the future and to make fouls when required to stop dangerous situations from developing whilst being becoming a more ruthless outfit.

“We are experienced players and sometimes we have to be a bit more clever,” he told the Daily Telegraph.

“When we don’t have the ball, in some situations we have to make fouls, we make fouls and take a card. Then we do not take the counter-attack.

Sokratis showed just that in the London derby on Saturday and picked up his second booking of the season after he committed a foul in the 89th minute when his team were 2-1 up when Manuel Pellegrini's side were on the front-foot. After, he then picked the ball up to prevent the Hammers from taking a quick free quick.

“If they play with counter-attack, they can play with 30 percent of the ball but still make chances.

“We have to defend all together and work better when we don’t have the ball. We are very offensive but we have to pay attention when we don’t have the ball.

“When we came in, the manager said to us that we have to play better in the defensive part. We were better in the second half, but we still need work.”
I like that these guys don't think we are anywhere near the finished article defensively - Dick, Rambo, bellend, Sokratis have all said the same thing.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:54 pm
goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm
If we don’t win this then there is trouble ahead! And you can be sure we’ll lose to the toon as well !!
If he continues with his current team selections then people should stop blaming Wenger for what he left behind!
Emery signed players he’s just not fucking playing them!
Anyone saying he is giving them the rope to hang themselves is a fucking idiot!! Xhaka has signed a contract extension granted by emery! So xhaka is clearly part of his long term plans!
Worried? I fucking am! Because we could be 12-15 points be the mousers by the time we play them! And if we are then the shit will hit the fan!!

You seriously believe that sid ?? :shock: That contract was negotiated and agreed before dick joined the club, and regardless of when it was signed and announced, dick had no part to play in it
I do believe he would have had to approve the contract being signed, Stan and co are penny pinchers and I’m sure they wouldn’t have allowed a player who possibly did not figure in a new managers long term plan to sign a contract extension!
We were told that Emery’s knowledge of the club and the players was a key factor in his appointment, therefore he must have known that Xhaka is dogshite, so would have been acting in not only the club but also his own interests to ask for any new contract negotiations or signings to be put on hold!
As you know Augie, probably only yourself had called for Wengers sacking longer than I had.
I was looking forward to this season all summer, but the new boss’s first few games are worrying me, mainly team selections and primarily Cech and Xhaka!
I am seriously worried that we’ve got it wrong, as I said before we wouldn’t be the first big club to make what looked like a top appointment only for it to go tits up.
I hope I’m wrong but I will have made my mind up by the time we play the mousers as to whether or not he is moving in the right direction!

herbert

Post by herbert »

:lol: and it is the akb's who are going to make it hard for him :rubchin:

3 ganes :lol: 3 fukin games :banghead: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Agree with this. If this place is anything to go by then those who were most anti-Wenger have been the most impatient.

Always hated the term AKB as it just became a symbol of our divided fan base but the idea that there are tens of thousands of fans out there waiting for us to struggle so that they can smugly proclaim Wenger was great after all is a bit fanciful to me.

Post by 1989 »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:36 pm

:lol:

Unbelievable isn't it.

We could have Guardiola and people will still moan.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 pm

but the idea that there are tens of thousands of fans out there waiting for us to struggle so that they can smugly proclaim Wenger was great after all is a bit fanciful to me.
its not sadly. out there on facebook there are our fans on there totally against Emery, against his buys.

some people would rather be right than happy. plus they are in denial - one knob told me that the reason the ex-manager doesn't have a job is because he needs a physical and mental break after the way we WOBs disgracefully treated him :banghead:

could they be anymore delusional ? :rubchin: