Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
scotgooner

Re: Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

Post by scotgooner »

We seriously need to be on it on Saturday , huge fucking game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I will say it now. Villa won't hit those levels again on Saturday. Perfect result and performance for us tonight - if they defend against us like the first 25 mins of their match at the vermin, we will beat them

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Since we beat them 4-2 in Feb they've won 14 league games in a row at Villa park. This is a hard hard game on sat..we better be on it from the off,can't afford any fuck ups which is a big ask when we've got a tit in goal.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:50 pm
I will say it now. Villa won't hit those levels again on Saturday. Perfect result and performance for us tonight - if they defend against us like the first 25 mins of their match at the vermin, we will beat them
Problem with that is they’re a totally different animal at home than on their travels. They should have shipped 6 against the scum that day, were ripped to shreds time and time again but still somehow robbed the 3 points.

They were poor again at the weekend away at Bournemouth who let’s face it are dog shit, then once back at Villa park destroyed city tonight.

If we were home on Saturday I’d be very confident of the win, up there a lot less so.

Hopefully they’ve blown their wad tonight and we can do them. Will need every player to be on it mind - fingers crossed.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We are a better team than them, they have a great recent home record.....time for us to put a dent in that

villa 1 The Arsenal 2

must admit very worried about raya in goal
Last edited by Redarmy on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Do I take it that is seems to be accepted on here that raya will keep his place in goals ?? :shock: Personally I dont see any way in the world he can start raya against villa (barring ramsdale injury) - I will go so far as to say that even if we win 4-0 on Saturday, I would still sack el basque after the game if he picks raya to start this game cos it is sending up the biggest of signal of all time that his arrogance and stubborness will come before team needs, and that is unacceptable. If he had spent the past few months talking down ramsdale as not being at raya's level then he can stand over not picking him now, but he has continued to talk up ramsdale and spoke about having two number one keepers so here is his chance to back up what he said - if he doesnt pick ramsdale then it tells the world that he doesnt rate ramsdale and not alone will that drive him out of the club, but it will also drive his price down too, cos it is telling everyone that regardless of how shit raya's form is, he will start regardess

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agreed. Rambo needs to start over Raya; any GK turning in a performance like that which almost cost us the game and 3 or 2 valuable points would be dropped by most managers. But, Arteta has just signed a contract extension ( at least I'm sure that's what someone said the other day on here).

Arteta in his arrogance (ie wenkerMk2) has totally fucked up the GK situation; it's not just a matter that they are in Competition with one another; but you can see they are Both Very Nervy and lacking in confidence; not that Raya struck me as being 'Confident'; whereas Rambo when he was No1 had a Confidence &demonstrated by his Cheekiness etc (which some fans seemed to have a problem with etc) .

One thing's for certain this will be a real "Test", especially with Tomi out and Zinchenko at LB, because Bailey; who scored against us last season and against Cheaty last night plays on the Right Flank and unless Zinchenko is Totally On It he will be Toast :?

Basically Every Single Player Needs to Be On Their Game... Or Else.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Raya in goals.. Zinchenko at lb but never there.. Odegaard probably going missing in the atmosphere..I can see this being a turdholing :cry: They also(in my opinion) have a far superior goalie and manager who are ex Gooners and will want to pop it up us :cry: 3-1 Villa I think,hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I have on this one :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:55 am
Raya in goals.. Zinchenko at lb but never there.. Odegaard probably going missing in the atmosphere..I can see this being a turdholing :cry: They also(in my opinion) have a far superior goalie and manager who are ex Gooners and will want to pop it up us :cry: 3-1 Villa I think,hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I have on this one :cry:

Be careful, lads on here have been cunted out for far less caustic comments than that falkirk :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:05 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:55 am

Be careful, lads on here have been cunted out for far less caustic comments than that falkirk :lol: :lol:
Careful now Augster... Anyone might think you don't like our manager :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The only thing worse than the Don Unai ultras is the fucking Emi Martinez fan boyz :banghead:

:wink:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 pm
The only thing worse than the Don Unai ultras is the fucking Emi Martinez fan boyz :banghead:

Are you calling TA6 (our greatest ever captain) a Don Unai ultra ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:33 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Are you calling TA6 (our greatest ever captain) a Don Unai ultra ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He always was as mad as a box of frogs was our Tone :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:59 pm
Watching villa against city,they're very sharp,pressing well,not giving city players time on the ball,swarming around them like flies,forcing them into errors ,we're going to have to be at the top of our game on sat ,cant afford any fuck ups at the back especially with Raya in goals.
He's not up to playing in one goal, let alone two, having said that I would gladly see him in their goal :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm much more confident about this one than the Luton game!! Villa will have to come at us as they are at home so we can exploit the gaps. We struggle against a deep block, Villa won't play a deep block on the run they're on. We're winning this one by 2 goals. :barscarf: :barscarf: