The Orcs at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: The Orcs at home

Post by rodders999 »

Thank fuck for that :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Job done.... :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

yet again Wenger gets lucky.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

anyone order an out of jail card???

ah yes Mr Wenger there you are....yet again!!!!

Prick!

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

FFS are ye ever happy,2 up and should have been 6 but we are winning unlike our last two home games :barscarf:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

OneBardGooner wrote:yet again Wenger gets lucky.
This

Call me a miserable bastard but Wenger once again gets a get out of jail free card, doing just enough against shit opposition. Us doubters are proved wrong, all is fine, and this repeat cycle to nowhere continues :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

You are a miserable bastard :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Seriously? :? :?

We dominated and should have scored 10.

I know people don't like Wenger, but how can anyone watch that game and think we were lucky. We played well; the missing ingredient was putting it in the net, but that was shoddy finishing not chance creation.

And Stoke? did they do anything all game?

Well deserved win regardless of what people think of Wenger.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

g88ner wrote:

I know people don't like Wenger, but how can anyone watch that game and think we were lucky. We played well; the missing ingredient was putting it in the net, but that was shoddy finishing not chance creation.

I think the luck comments refer more to Wenger getting three points served on a plate by poor opposition as a get out of jail card, as is usually the case when it looks like he might come under a bit of pressure

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:

Took the words out of my mouth Gooner. :wink:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Walcott and Giroud proving we don't need to sign a striker by both missing a sitter, I mean both scoring.
270k well spent

Nice to get the 3 points though

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

what I was about to say wibble. giroud and wally scoring is going to bring out the windowlickers in full force, little do they know that even when they score they are proving their not good enough, neither are clinical- in fact they are comedically poor at times.

on the bright side, seeing the six fingered ones going back to their lairs in tears will cap off a good saturday thanks to chelski's defeat :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Dreadul finishing today. How many chances fell to Theo? :shock: :o it was embarrassing and becoming awkward to watch :oops: :lol:

It was a relief Wenger took Theo off as you just knew more chances (and misses) would come his way.

Glad he scored though or it would have been a disastrous day. It was a typical Theo goal though and hardly eases the feeling that he's been played out of position.

Good performance by Arsenal today though. A decent striker would have bagged a hatful and we'd be sat here discussing a Stoke hammering instead of a 2-0 win.

Up to 2nd we go :barscarf: (got to be more clinical against Chelsea though - Theo won't get 6 chances like he did today)

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:

Didn't see the game but I am assuming that the luck comment is in reference to the fcuk that stoke were so shit that we could afford to miss all those chances - if we missed as many chances as ye say we did, then it is fair to say that in most prem league games we would not pick up the 3pts. The king of deflection (le cock) will no doubt point to his two "main strikers" ( :oops: ) scoring today as proof that he didn't need to sign a striker, and no hack will have the balls to remind him about all the chances that this team missed :roll:

You know, I think that this will be the season where we break back into the top 2 - the chavs are imploding ( :lol: ), the victims and scum are total shite, and old plastic head is showing the world how to spend an absolute fortune and still balls it up :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Think there was 29 shots at goal 12 of them on target ,2 of those were goals and butland saved 10.