ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

At best we are going to sign 3 very good players and we are going to let a good few go - which won't be enough to lay a glove on the oil cheats, so another pointless campaign begins trying to qualify for the tournament we couldn't win before oil money took over, let alone after it

What a miserable merry go round

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:01 am
At best we are going to sign 3 very good players and we are going to let a good few go - which won't be enough to lay a glove on the oil cheats, so another pointless campaign begins trying to qualify for the tournament we couldn't win before oil money took over, let alone after it

I developed that level of despondency a few months back, if a team were to somehow win 20 games in a row city would just rattle off 25. It’s all so utterly pointless and boring.

With Bayern, Barca & Madrid all now in major decline they’ve a free run at completely dominating both domestically and in Europe for the foreseeable.

:roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:40 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

I developed that level of despondency a few months back, if a team were to somehow win 20 games in a row city would just rattle off 25. It’s all so utterly pointless and boring.

With Bayern, Barca & Madrid all now in major decline they’ve a free run at completely dominating both domestically and in Europe for the foreseeable.

Was thinking this. There is literally no one in Europe that will rival them. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win the quadruple next season.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:15 am
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Was thinking this. There is literally no one in Europe that will rival them. Wouldn’t surprise me if they win the quadruple next season.

I get that we are all p1ssed off with the way our season collapsed, and maybe this air of resignation has a lot to do with the belief that we have too many bottlers in our club, but honestly this citeeh team is not on same level as previous city teams and we are talking them up like they are best team ever :? Their backline is anything but rock solid and they have resorted to playing centre backs in full back positions, their captain looks set to leave, and what will happen when pep fcuks off ? I would suggest that they have a big summer ahead of them too - yes they have a deeper squad than everyone else and can therefore rotate more, but they had some poor results against average teams this season too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:10 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I get that we are all p1ssed off with the way our season collapsed, and maybe this air of resignation has a lot to do with the belief that we have too many bottlers in our club, but honestly this citeeh team is not on same level as previous city teams and we are talking them up like they are best team ever :? Their backline is anything but rock solid and they have resorted to playing centre backs in full back positions, their captain looks set to leave, and what will happen when pep fcuks off ? I would suggest that they have a big summer ahead of them too - yes they have a deeper squad than everyone else and can therefore rotate more, but they had some poor results against average teams this season too
I agree they've had better teams but they are still miles ahead of everyone else which makes it even more galling because we all know £500m of investment will appear at some point to make them even stronger. Liverpool get close - fine, go and get a 50+ goal freak of nature to burn them off. Next season, who knows? Whichever top world player emerges, they will effectively have first pick.

Imagine not having your best ever team and winning the treble by swatting aside clubs like Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, both of whom were comprehensively beaten.

Its the end mate. They are a best priced 8/11 to win the league again next season and you might as well lump on it now. They'll beat us home and away again and only boredom will prevent them eventually becoming the next invincibles - I think that will be their next target now, having done the rest of it

Couldn't be less excited about a new season

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I can see your point about this not being their best ever PL team Augie, that was probably the team that got 100 points but at the first sign of their title being under threat this season they rattled off 12 (comfortable) wins on the bounce to win the league and if they needed to win the last 2 you can bet your life they’d have made it 14 wins in a row, making an absolute mockery of the supposed competitiveness of this league.

They will be clear favourites for all 4 competitions next season and could easily hoover up the lot, nobody will stop them in the league or Europe so it just depends on how seriously they take the domestic cups to see if they win everything. What an utterly joyless, soulless bunch of plastic c.unts they are.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

‼️ || Arsenal now going for Timothy Castagne, considered as second target behind Fresneda. AFC started talks with Leicester in order to find a deal and things could develop quickly [Via - @SachaTavolieri].

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

If this is a poor side winning the fucking treble? Great!! :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:03 pm
‼️ || Arsenal now going for Timothy Castagne, considered as second target behind Fresneda. AFC started talks with Leicester in order to find a deal and things could develop quickly [Via - @SachaTavolieri].
A signing to really worry City! Lol - what a joke

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:03 pm
A signing to really worry City! Lol - what a joke
May as well keep Cedric if we're seriously interested in this bloke! :lol:

Much of a muchness imo.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:13 pm
augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

If this is a poor side winning the fucking treble? Great!! :lol:

Showing my age I know, but I do not believe that the quality of football worldwide is anywhere near the level it used to be - would this city team have beaten our invincebles for example ? To my mind you can only be the best team in that particular season and no doubt city were that, but lets be honest here and say that they have beaten an old real madrid team and a bayern team lucky to win their own league, plus if inter had a better striker last night that the fat c.unt lukaku, then maybe city would not have won last night ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City are far superior to Bayern and Madrid (as the showed in previous rounds) but if they’d faced either last night they’d have got beat.

City definitely had scars from the final they no showed against the chavs and also from last year when they imploded in the last few minutes in the semi in Madrid.

Now that they’ve finally got the job done they’ll have no such hang ups next season where I fully expect them to retain it at a canter.

Pity because that fat 100 million quid c.unt could have inflicted serious psychological damage to them if he wasn’t such a useless fucking tub of lard.

Didn’t he miss an absolute sitter at the World Cup that sent the Belgians home too?

Fucking CUUUUUUUUUNT.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:56 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:46 pm
Have to hold my hands up and apologise because I thought there was fuck all hope that Saliba would sign on, I was certain he’d just rather be in France so would fuck off back to PSG.

Kudos to the club, Edu and Arteta but especially the fans who’ve shown him serious man love all season for getting this one done.

Whatever else happens this window that’s the signing of the summer for us right there.

On the Rodders scale of approval this one gets a trousers down (maximum rating).
Agreed 100%. Add in the orgasmic joy of finally clearing the syphilis ridden rectal blockage that is Lobotomy Clive and that's two massive pieces of work done already.
Ffs he ain't gone yet like some of you o the 'other matches thread'commetimg when scum are losing during the game (Rob, Perry!) And dribbly scores in 97th minute. Don't jinx this.

Personally fully expect to see him lining up come August at the Emirates. He's here for life

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Have to hold my hands up and apologise because I thought there was fuck all hope that Saliba would sign on, I was certain he’d just rather be in France so would fuck off back to PSG.

Kudos to the club, Edu and Arteta but especially the fans who’ve shown him serious man love all season for getting this one done.

Whatever else happens this window that’s the signing of the summer for us right there.

On the Rodders scale of approval this one gets a trousers down (maximum rating).
Agreed 100%. Add in the orgasmic joy of finally clearing the syphilis ridden rectal blockage that is Lobotomy Clive and that's two massive pieces of work done already.
Ffs he ain't gone yet like some of you o the 'other matches thread'commetimg when scum are losing during the game (Rob, Perry!) And dribbly scores in 97th minute. Don't jinx this.

Personally fully expect to see him lining up come August at the Emirates. He's here for life
Ive got a bad feeling about this aswell :cry: Longer it goes on the more I'm thinking the lobotomy fucking ringpiece will still be here next season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:31 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Ive got a bad feeling about this aswell :cry: Longer it goes on the more I'm thinking the lobotomy fucking ringpiece will still be here next season.
At least all of the bellends singing “we want you to stay” will be happy. Leverkusen won’t be able to come close to paying him what we are. This turd will still be here