FURBURGER HULL FURBURGERS GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Topside Northbank

Re: FURBURGER HULL FURBURGERS GAME

Post by Topside Northbank »

rodders999 wrote:Bayern Munich is going to get ugly. Really fucking ugly.
Lewandowski & co will be very fearful after our show of mental strength this afternoon.

Let them eat cake Wenger will say.

Here's 5 euro get yourself to Lidl and bring back the change.....bunch of ingrates on this forum

Sean

Post by Sean »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Very erudite post Sean and the bit in red sums up our last decade for me, we have to step up so much further on a regular basis against poor teams than most of our rivals have to that we are then rarely able to step up the much greater step to actually beat the top teams when it really matters.

Yes all the top teams have bad results or poor matches against lesser opposition but for us it happens far far too often that we have to put in massive effort to beat teams we shouldn't have any problem with, attitude, ability, tactics, desire all too often are found missing when it matters under this manager
Thanks, pal. Totally agree with your points too :barscarf:
Clash wrote:A well measured post as always from you Sean

You saved the best part till last too :)
Absolutely 8) Cheers, pal :barscarf:

Blade

Post by Blade »

We have no centre-forward as Alexis will drop deep to get involved.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Blade wrote:We have no centre-forward as Alexis will drop deep to get involved.
He was poor today, missed a couple he should have scored, overdid it when in possession and his passing wasteful too.
Scored 2 though, as you stated needed to be up top a lot more.

Could /Should have taken Wally off a lot sooner to give Welbeck or Perez proper game time (or even start them )

Midz

Post by Midz »

Glad we won even if it was kack! Had to work so couldn't see it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just got in from work - I was hoping we would lose so as to crank up the pressure on the fraudulent old cuntt :banghead: :cussing:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Hull players claim Clattenburg apologised to them at half time for allowing Sanchez's first goal.. How could that happen? How did he award the goal after consulting with the linesman and then realise at half time he shouldn't have allowed it?
According to Mark Halsey on Twitter referees are not allowed look at TV during half time. .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gibbs should have been sent off definitely....LUCKY WENGER

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redarmy wrote:Gibbs should have been sent off definitely....LUCKY WENGER
Awful decision by Clattenburg, most blatant red since Rio pulled down Freddie when Riley ended the Invincibles.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well that was an exciting 'matchday experience'. Took my freebie up in the Upper Tier (block 110), looked around the stadium at the ever increasing gaps in the crowd (had 3 seats next to me all unoccupied for the whole 90 mins), not a single song all match barring 20 seconds of "1-0 to the Arsenal", just general muttering and moaning before everyone shuffled out with the conclusion that "a win's a win" but that the entire 90 minutes was one long bore

The one advantage of being up with the gods is that you get to spot everything that's going on and the obvious flaws are all too apparent as usual. Someone needs to tell Bellerin and Gibbs that playing as full back is initially about defending, and attacking is secondary. Fuck me, Gibbs must have given their winger 20 yards of space all day long. If Hull had anything resembling "super quality" in attack they could have exposed those gaps on several occasions.

What an absolute bore watching football at the Emirates has become - I've only done a handful of games this year and they've all been utter shite. Slow paced, ponderous, amateur hour in defence, Alexis trying to beat everyone, Ozil failing to give a shit. Totally and utterly mind numbing - how anyone actually pays to watch this shit anymore is beyond me

Midz

Post by Midz »

Clattenburg is alright :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Gibbs should have been sent off definitely....LUCKY WENGER
Awful decision by Clattenburg, most blatant red since Rio pulled down Freddie when Riley ended the Invincibles.

I still think Riley was on the take.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Well that was an exciting 'matchday experience'. Took my freebie up in the Upper Tier (block 110), looked around the stadium at the ever increasing gaps in the crowd (had 3 seats next to me all unoccupied for the whole 90 mins), not a single song all match barring 20 seconds of "1-0 to the Arsenal", just general muttering and moaning before everyone shuffled out with the conclusion that "a win's a win" but that the entire 90 minutes was one long bore

The one advantage of being up with the gods is that you get to spot everything that's going on and the obvious flaws are all too apparent as usual. Someone needs to tell Bellerin and Gibbs that playing as full back is initially about defending, and attacking is secondary. Fuck me, Gibbs must have given their winger 20 yards of space all day long. If Hull had anything resembling "super quality" in attack they could have exposed those gaps on several occasions.

What an absolute bore watching football at the Emirates has become - I've only done a handful of games this year and they've all been utter shite. Slow paced, ponderous, amateur hour in defence, Alexis trying to beat everyone, Ozil failing to give a shit. Totally and utterly mind numbing - how anyone actually pays to watch this shit anymore is beyond me
Very well said mate, that's exactly how I feel about the whole match day experience at the Emirates.Wenger moans that we fans should be like the scums but how can you get behind the team when you can't stand up, you can't do this you can't do that. Safe standing Is the answer similar to what is done in the bundesliga but we all know our geriatric board won't allow that.

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

:mrgreen: There yesterday with my daughter. Freezing cold, little atmosphere and average at best. Chamberlain put in a shift, Sanchez ran around a lot- but he always does. The rest? Reflected the suffocating tedium and malaise that is Arsenal right now, and for too many years sadly. Ever in recent history seen us win a second ball? Attack and no feckers in the box? Press and fight and dig in midfield? Bang average yesterday but guess win is a win- especially as played with 9 with Walcott and Ozil going awol again. Love to see the stats from the distance run meterun the media love. Be amazed if that show pony German got to 1k :cussing:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Pity ball throwing wasn't classed as violent conduct otherwise Feo could be facing a 6 week ban. The only passion this little 'Pussy' has shown for years. :barscarf: :barscarf: