WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Walcott - which position is best etc?

Post by Theoperator »

rodders999 wrote:Normally people are in agony when they do that, he hadn't a care in the world on that stretcher. Fuck it anyway. Anyone know when the Ox is back??

very soon apparently for the Ox,

http://oxladechamberlain.co.uk/the-ox-t ... this-week/

ACLs dont necessarily hurt too much especially when you are concentrating on friends who pay to obtain the correct score :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cheers! A timely come back. Yeah Theo taunting the vermin probably dulled the pain.

gavbacon

Post by gavbacon »

6 months!! Gutted. Our title chances just took an almighty hit!

Gnabry and especially The Ox need to step up... And we NEED another striker, NOW!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LDB wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I think the question in the thread title has been finally answered: it is obviously on a stretcher taking the piss out of spurs fans!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:
:D :D :D

Anyone else think Walcott has been learning from Henry in training?

The timing and angle of his runs, the extra confidence, the willingness to shoot?
The winding up of vermin?

All that was missing was a spastic in a GAP jumper :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolute quality. 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I think the question in the thread title has been finally answered: it is obviously on a stretcher taking the piss out of spurs fans!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:
Fuck me you're a bit slow there hlebbyslop. If you check back you'll find that Ive already done that gag :roll: :roll:

Page 108 to be precise :lol:

:) :wink:
:oops: :oops:

Indeed you did. :oops: What makes it worse is that I remember reading it at the time!! :oops: :oops: :banghead: In my defence, I am a renowned pot-head and thus have the memory of a goldfish. :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
Fuck me you're a bit slow there hlebbyslop. If you check back you'll find that Ive already done that gag :roll: :roll:

Indeed you did. :oops: What makes it worse is that I remember reading it at the time!! :oops: :oops: :banghead: In my defence, I am a renowned pot-head and thus have the penis of a goldfish. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Indeed. :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i'm really genuinely gutted for him - he looked good in his comeback and now he's done for the season. i don't really care about the WC but i'm sure he did after the Sven debacle.

I was really hoping this would be his year to justify our faith and the big wages.

on the flip side, we now need to go out and get or get on loan a replacement - Ox is not there yet and i'm not sure gnabry has his pace (or does he, i've only seen Gnabs play twice...)

i did my ACL - 11 weeks on crutches. its a fucker but not that painful just a dull ache and no strenth in your knee - 13 years later and i still have to do muscle group exercises to keep it supported n strong.

poor bloke.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Indeed you did. :oops: What makes it worse is that I remember reading it at the time!! :oops: :oops: :banghead: In my defence, I am a renowned pot-head and thus have the memory of a goldfish. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Look on the bright side mate, at least you not 3'9" tall, from Dublin and like sitting on big cocks (see 'photo with a cannon' thread :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Look on the bright side mate, at least you not 3'9" tall, from Dublin and like sitting on big cocks (see 'photo with a cannon' thread :lol:
:lol: :lol:

There is that. :lol: :lol: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Good article here from Paul Hayward.
I agree with his premise that Walcott's absence is not good for us, but that buying a striker is more important and was needed even before Walcott's injury which in itself is damaging to our title ambitions but will not neccessarily end them, but failure to buy a striker could.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lcott.html

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

I had no idea you were from Dublin, Spuddy-wok! :shock:

:D

SteveO 35

Re: Walcott's PR Team

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:obviously if Denilson was to return he would be first choice in midfield instead of Arteta but the reports in the last week seem to suggest he is happy in Brazil for now. makes sense, he will want to try and get into the Brazil side for the World Cup and he can give himself 2 years to acclimatise if he stays there.
While we're bringing up old threads from the past.......I just couldn't resist :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I was initially pleased that Theo was eased back in after injury rather than rushed back in, but not getting onto the pitch tonight looks like a snub by Wenger, especially with Welbeck getting a starting role and an opportunity when Oxlade-Chamberlain went off.

Walcott was benched last time he was re-negotiating his contract, is this a case of another round of contract negotiations with Wenger benching him until he signs da ting?
Or some other reason?

We do have a lot of wide men - Alexis Sanchez, Welbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Maitland-Niles, plus Ozil and Cazorla who are played wide at times, but to let Theo go is a risk.

Welbeck is occasionally needed up front, Oxlade-Chamberlain prone to short term injuries, Gnabry is returning from an 11 month long injury and is also inexperienced though promising, Maitland-Niles is unproven, Ozil best central.

Walcott should now be approaching his peak.
He has critics, but was in good form prior to injury and is a big game player, plus with Diaby off is the longest serving player at the club.

On a personal note, if we are going to let players go this summer I would let Diaby, Arteta, Flamini and Wilshere go before Walcott.

russ99

Re: WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by russ99 »

I hope Theo gets a run out soon, the last few matches seeing him warm up and being left off has to be tough to deal with, especially today where Wenger seemed to change his mind at the last minute.

IMO he'd be a lot more effective with Webeck up top, as we saw what Welbeck's pace can do tonight. Giroud holding the line at CF is less apt to allow Theo to play to his strenghts and minimize his weaknesses.

We need 3 goals at Monaco, that would be the best time to unleash the pacy lineup I've waited for all season: Ozil at CAM, Theo and Sanchez on the wings and Welbeck up top.

VAVAVOOM 14

Re: WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

He is being frozen out of the club. It is plain as day to see.