ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:00 pm
Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:32 pm
Michael Olise for £10m is a no brainer. Wake up Arsenal.

Out of curiousity buddy, where did you see or hear the £10m price for Olise ? In my opinion you wouldnt get his right foot for that, and he is left footed. I said on here a few weeks ago that he would be a player I would want AFC to buy IF saka was gonna be sold to a team abroad - no point in having both players in the squad cos only one would start and we have gaping holes in our starting 11 that need to be filled before we get fanciful ideas of strengthening the squad. Personally I would def consider selling saka if psg or madrid came in for him and if we could sign Olise
With giving them The Feather. Plus the £10million. :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I can't find the post where it says Palace want £40m for Olise (should've quoted it in my reply) but as DB says if we gave them Feather for £30m it'd leave a balance of £10m to pay.

As it's all unlikely I wouldn't dwell on it too much. We'll probably end up getting Kim Kallstrom's brother and he'll have some injury.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:24 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:49 pm
Midz wrote:
Just looked at a you tube compilation and some good assists in there, but mainly crosses for a header…. If we had a striker up top who could head the ball he would be a great purchase….
It would be like a man with no feet buying a pair of shoes.
Or in Eddie’s case football boots

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:17 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:24 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:49 pm
Midz wrote:
Just looked at a you tube compilation and some good assists in there, but mainly crosses for a header…. If we had a striker up top who could head the ball he would be a great purchase….
It would be like a man with no feet buying a pair of shoes.
Or in Eddie’s case football boots
:D

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:14 pm
I can't find the post where it says Palace want £40m for Olise (should've quoted it in my reply) but as DB says if we gave them Feather for £30m it'd leave a balance of £10m to pay.

As it's all unlikely I wouldn't dwell on it too much. We'll probably end up getting Kim Kallstrom's brother and he'll have some injury.

As you said, that would be an exceptional deal if it could be done, EXCEPT that right now our priority still has to be a striker - I dont want to hear of us signing onana from everton or any other midfielder, winger, or centre back before we bring in a proper goal scorer to the club

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

We ain't signing anyone.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm
We ain't signing anyone.
I concur.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:58 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm
We ain't signing anyone.
I concur.
I concur with your concurring :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ladies, ladies, ladies….how many times have we been over this? You’re starting to get your knickers in a twist over made up transfer stories again. I don’t want to have to put you all back on your meds but keep it up and you’re going back down to DB’s basement where @BigBarry47813 ITK transfer rumours won’t penetrate the sound proof walls.

Consider yourselves warned 8)

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:54 am
Ladies, ladies, ladies….how many times have we been over this? You’re starting to get your knickers in a twist over made up transfer stories again. I don’t want to have to put you all back on your meds but keep it up and you’re going back down to DB’s basement where @BigBarry47813 ITK transfer rumours won’t penetrate the sound proof walls.

are you saying @BigBarry47813 ITK is spurious....cause he's one of my top top sources!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

xgtdec wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:01 am
rodders999 wrote:

are you saying @BigBarry47813 ITK is spurious....cause he's one of my top top sources!
No idea who he supports; but he's a lying bastard, that's for sure.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

xgtdec wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just between you and me @BigBarry47813 is McD - he makes up bullshit rumours on twatter and then posts them on here to wind up augie :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:02 am
xgtdec wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just between you and me @BigBarry47813 is McD - he makes up bullshit rumours on twatter and then posts them on here to wind up augie :wink:

Certainly aint winding me up - I consistently said that imo jesus is el basque's man and that cos of that el basque has zero interest in signing a striker. Again I will say that I wouldnt give the c.unt another penny to spend either

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:26 am
xgtdec wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

No idea who he supports; but he's a lying bastard, that's for sure.
Wheres my auto correct when i need it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:14 pm

That should be Plural mate! :D :wink: